Great little hotel in Grundarfjordur. Had a nice single room, which wasn't pokey. Tea & coffee making facilites in the room and free WiFi (which I didn't get in a Foss hotel elsewhere). Run by a friendly Kiwi woman. The dining room wasn't open for dinner as I was there off-season, but there is a café in town (Kaffi 59). Great breakfast, including pancakes with maple syrup. The location isn't bad, although I overlooked a petrol tank, as it's next to the port. There are great views over the bay though, and the stunning Kirkjufell is only a few minutes drive away. The scenery in the Snaefellsnes Peninsular is beautiful - well worth a trip, and this is a great place to stay. Good value too. It also has a sauna and hot tub (which I didn't use),
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Framnes is a boutique hotel on the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in west Iceland. It is ideally located for all visits to the nearby National Park and surrounding area. The hotel has an excellent restaurant specializing in fresh fish and local food cuisine. It is the ideal place for stopovers to West Fjords and Reykjavík ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Framnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Framnes Hotel Grundarfjörður
- Hotel Framnes Iceland/Grundarfjorour