“This time excellent”

Price range: US$21 - US$54
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is specialized in sea food and regional wines.Original creations with provençal sents.Open kitchen. Plancha grilled fresh products from the sea and the land.Tapas & Wine bar.
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I visited this restaurant twice in the winter. A very different experience to that in the summer. Excellent food, excellent wine and extremely friendly. I cannot eat shellfish - the meat dishes I chose were excellent!

There are newer reviews for La Cranquette

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Imagine, an old house with a fine decoration inside for winter and, for late summer diners, a wide outside restaurant terrasse. Local seafood and more classical specialties. Professionnal service, with a little touch of humour despite high level activities..
So I am unable to find even a small criticism... except one, some moskitos wisely decided to share with my friends this delighful eating moment.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We were treated to a meal here by some friends as thanks for some unpaid work. The restaurant is not a masterpiece of decoration, the food is the star not the decor and it shows. Service was not over powering but when asked for anything the waiting staff arrived with it straight away. The exception was a new staff member who delivered four cold coffees one of which was not of the type. Otherwise impossible to find fault. Go early and be sure to book, the food is literally what is fresh off the boats/ markets no standard cook hill fare here from the cash and carry. So when it is gone it is gone so late comers may only have a limited choice, the disadvantages of fresh food.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I find it very surprising to read how this restaurant scores so highly, yes it is an elegantly decorated restaurant and looks very inviting. But beware the service is dreadful and do not see the customer as the client rather as a wallet.

Yes the fish is excellent but the meat dishes that we ate were all overcooked and of a low quality.

I hated the school menu idea and we were rather rushed before being seated to make a choice .
All of the wine is over-priced.

I had waited a long time to have a valid reason to visit this restaurant as it is one of if not the most expensive places in the village, I was deeply disappointed. It ruined our evening we will never visit there again or recommend it.

The Plan B next door is less elegant but the front of house guy makes you feel relaxed and welcomed. I would visit this restaurant again and again.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

In Gruissan for the day and ate lunch at this restaurant. Fabulous food and a nice ambience. I think we might have lucked out in being seated immediately without a reservation; I would recommend making one. Only downside was that the service was a bit slow.