Chapelhill Croft
US$107
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
All reviewsexcellent breakfasta wonderful staywonderful hostsstayed longerhomely feelfull scottish breakfastnext morningcountrysidejamensuitebathrobeslounge
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Home from home was the feeling as we were met at the door by Paul and Eileen!
Off the beaten track,lovely and peaceful yet only 10 miles from some wonderful beaches.
We were made so welcome by "mine hosts", they couldn't do enough for you and ensured you stay was a memorable one.
The food was excellent with home grown fruit and homemade jams!
The whole place was spotlessly clean, a wonderful place to stay!!
Excellent value, thanks again Paul and Eileen, we'll be back!
David and Joan

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The home of Paul and Eileen is close by Keith, a bit in the countryside, but do not hesitate to follow the road, the view and the surrounding country is beautiful and absolutely quite. Paul and Eileen are very helpful hosts, always able to give some interesting tips for the next day travel and supporting you with any problems you might have. The house is comfortable and all postings are accurate. The breakfast was marvelous, all fresh made, the best bnb breakfast we had touring Scotland.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I live in US and this was my first time in a Scottish bnb with my parents who came to visit Scotland from India. Eileen and Paul are a wonderful couple and did everything they could do make us feel like home. And trust me, we actually did! The location and posting are accurate and they have very comfortable and warm bedrooms. They also let us access the shared living room which had a nice Scottish fireplace and comfy couches to sit back and relax.

Eileen and Paul went to an extent to customize the breakfast per our suggestions. They are visiting India by the end of this year and we are looking forward to host them if it fits well in their itinerary. :)

I have a lot of other things to share but can't write everything here. All in all, it is a brilliant deal and I highly highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My sister and I were on a trip to find our roots. Paul and Eileen were very helpful hosts. They provided an authentic Scottish breakfast with many choices. I had my first "fried bread" at Chapelhill Croft. The fruit salad was outstanding, as were the homemade jams. The twin beds were very comfortable and the room was nice and clean and quiet. Of course the sounds of the sheep and the birds were part of the ambience, but a very welcome sound. The washroom was down the stairs and was shared with one other guest. I was thrilled to be able to get into the sheep pasture and enjoy that experience as well. We actually did find the house where our great x3 grandfather lived! An all around great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Eileen F, Owner at Chapelhill Croft, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you next time you are tracing your ancestors.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Would just like to say our enjoyable our stay was at chapelhill Croft, Paul and Eileen made me and my fathers stay most enjoyable, they made us very welcome after our long trip from Yorkshire, and we had no problems at all with the accommodation, or the food. They were very pleasant and friendly throughout our stay and i would highly recommend anyone who is visiting the area to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for your kind review.
See you next year for the golf. P and E