Ugie House Hotel
US$226
Very Good 4/5
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsstaff were very friendlycakesfirst classtipsy teamy parentsfunction roombreakfast was includedgreat mealnice clean hotelseveral occasionsgreat atmospherefamily weddingan evening mealbar areai'm surecouldn't do enoughbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2013

someone to seat us. Seems staff was busy in the kitchen (Not sure). My friend and I were the only one there at the moment. On a quiet Thursday evening for dinner. The waitress finally took our drink order and handed us the menu, then quickly diapered. we did not see her again until she brought us our drinks and 5 minutes later took our order. We were only seated a minute before our starters were served. Food was ok nothing spectacular. I had the Prawn in tater sauce .... for the main I had Haddock with Steam veggies and boiled potatoes. Again nothing spectacular. Food was warm and then the meal was over. There were a few more customers. That went through the same waiting for the waitress routine. Waitress never came back to ask how the food was and if we needed anything.. but had to stop her so I could ask for some lime and butter for my fish to give it some taste.. I would have to say not really my style, and the people are not as friendly as the town slogan goes!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Due to nature of my work a do travel a lot. I've seen lots of hotels. While Ugie is not the worst hotel i have ever stayed in i can't recommend it. Unless you're out of options :)

Shower that can give you severe burns, flaky paint, bathroom not re-decorated since 60s, decor from early 50's. No chair in the room, no mains sockets near the bed. Deserted reception.

I could clearly hear somebody snoring upstairs...

yay - Free wifi...

Judging by other reviews of this hotel i have a suspicion that quality of room varies a lot...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Noizz_Boy
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Organised a seminar here and stayed overnight. Bedroom was adequate with a good-sized bathroom and spotless throughout.
Dinner was generously portioned and well-presented. Ditto breakfast.
Slight issue with no projector available for seminar (although there is a screen?), and young girl who checked us out struggled to add up our bill without a calculator to hand!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Ffour covers average food, well presented, good service.
Wife's Salmon not cooked properly, my Chicken roulade not bad, came with rice AND mash tatties also with veggies. Enough food to feed a small country though, between the four of us.

Room Tip: didnt stay at hotel so only commenting on the restaurant
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed at the Ugie House Hotel for a friends wedding and we found the meal was the best wedding meal we have ever had. The waitresses where so polite and looked after everyone so well. The hall was amazingly decorated! They should all be very proud in how well the Ugie House Hotel hosted us all!

• Stayed: January 2013