“Clean and friendly place with tasty food”
Review of Ugie House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keith
Ugie House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Keith B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Clean and friendly place with tasty food”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Hotel is placed in a nice looking building. Its interior is good as well - including very soft carpet in the hall. Bathroom in our room was spacious and big. Everything was clean, however there were few mold spots on the ceiling.
We were confused in the restaurant as we were attended by 2 waitresses. Food was tasty (both dinner and breakfast) and dessert from a dinner set was big (so that we were not able to eat it all).
Parking place in front of the hotel is available not only for guests, so it might be sometimes tricky to find there a free place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding, wish I had taken the option if staying in friends caravan instead!

Hotel dated, no-one at reception, receptionist didn't even know what time breakfast was in morning!

Room was well old.... Sheets didn't fit bed, floor sloped, towels barely covered modesty.

Breakfast was average, though had to keep getting up to share milk with other five tables.

Thank god I was hungover when staying in room, never been so glad to get home!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Scots_Fireman
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

The food in the restaurant in the evenings is excellent. We stayed for 3 nights at the end of March and found the rooms very tired but clean.
Good selection for breakfasts but avoid the smoked haddock as the piece that I had one morning was overcooked as was the poached egg on the top of it. Apart from this the Cooked breakfast options that I had on the other mornings more than made up for my one disappointment.
Staff were helpful and friendly even though one spilt a drink over me as we sat down for a snack on the first day.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank HofIlkley
Reviewed 15 March 2013

someone to seat us. Seems staff was busy in the kitchen (Not sure). My friend and I were the only one there at the moment. On a quiet Thursday evening for dinner. The waitress finally took our drink order and handed us the menu, then quickly diapered. we did not see her again until she brought us our drinks and 5 minutes later took our order. We were only seated a minute before our starters were served. Food was ok nothing spectacular. I had the Prawn in tater sauce .... for the main I had Haddock with Steam veggies and boiled potatoes. Again nothing spectacular. Food was warm and then the meal was over. There were a few more customers. That went through the same waiting for the waitress routine. Waitress never came back to ask how the food was and if we needed anything.. but had to stop her so I could ask for some lime and butter for my fish to give it some taste.. I would have to say not really my style, and the people are not as friendly as the town slogan goes!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Due to nature of my work a do travel a lot. I've seen lots of hotels. While Ugie is not the worst hotel i have ever stayed in i can't recommend it. Unless you're out of options :)

Shower that can give you severe burns, flaky paint, bathroom not re-decorated since 60s, decor from early 50's. No chair in the room, no mains sockets near the bed. Deserted reception.

I could clearly hear somebody snoring upstairs...

yay - Free wifi...

Judging by other reviews of this hotel i have a suspicion that quality of room varies a lot...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Noizz_Boy
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Organised a seminar here and stayed overnight. Bedroom was adequate with a good-sized bathroom and spotless throughout.
Dinner was generously portioned and well-presented. Ditto breakfast.
Slight issue with no projector available for seminar (although there is a screen?), and young girl who checked us out struggled to add up our bill without a calculator to hand!

• Stayed February 2013
Craigellachie
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Ffour covers average food, well presented, good service.
Wife's Salmon not cooked properly, my Chicken roulade not bad, came with rice AND mash tatties also with veggies. Enough food to feed a small country though, between the four of us.

Room Tip: didnt stay at hotel so only commenting on the restaurant