“Becoming a regular”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have visited Bengal Spice numerous times now to dine in and have yet to be disappointed. The food is all freshly prepared and the menu is extensive. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff either. They are attentive but not overbearing. The set meal for 2 (isn't really set as you can choose whatever dish you want) is an absolute bargain at £26 a couple and the portions are massive. You are served so much food I don't think I have ever finished the meal. On occasions I've even taken a doggy bag home where staff have packed up my meal into containers from the take away next door.
When friends and family come to visit, they usually request to go out for Indian, yes the restaurant choices are limited in Keith but that's not the reason, great food, great value and great service is.

1  Thank Jacklyn S

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Recently visited for my mums birthday on a Thursday evening. On a Thursday they have a special meal deal where you get 3 courses (pretty much anything on the menu) for £12!! This was great and the food was fantastic. Definitely the best Indian we have been to in a while. They were attentive during our meal and the owner was really friendly. They also have a buffet night on a Sunday where you can try all their dishes!

1  Thank Kirsten D
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My family and I regulary visit this restaurant and was shocked to see the other review. We've never found staff to be pushy more friendly. As for the food delicious, large portions and full of flavour. Yes its usually quiet but due to locals prefering to use it's take away instead of eating out. I've eaten in lots of restaurants and rarely do you get rice included with your main meal perhaps the other reviewer should have eaten on the buffet night where you get poppadoms, starter, main meal and rice/naan/chips followed by coffee/ice cream for £12.50. Its a total bargain all freshly made from your choice of dish from the extensive menu. We recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This place looks good from the outside, but with the lack of customers it soon became clear.
Pushy staff, small meals, and who ever had to pay extra to get rice with your chicken Tikka?
Overpriced, no ambience, will not be returning.