“Not a bad spot for a few days”

Hotel Skradinski Buk
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Skradin
Dublin, Ireland
“Not a bad spot for a few days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

This a straight up three star hotel that seems to specialise for group tours. The rooms are adequate both in size and comfort. Breakfast was just about ok – but as others have said you need to get down before the rush and the coffee is horrible! Parking facility was very handy and you are in a good location for visiting the park.

Room Tip: Higher floor are probably quiter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bear4Bear

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent a week here recently as part of an activity based holiday. So we had wet suits and other gear to dry etc. The rooms at the hotel are appallingly small - and the windows open inward and knock you on the head as they protrude over the bed (if you elect not to use the noisy air conditioning). I have never seen such a poorly designed window system in a summer location hotel. There are no balconies in most of the rooms and a single room is just that - a single bed...and the room is barely wider. Perhaps the hotel was designed in the Soviet era but it is not a good place to base yourself for a week. The staff were nice, Skradin is a nice little town, and the eating area (the outside one anyway ) is pleasant, but it is more suited to a two night stay to see the waterfall than to a one week vacation.

Room Tip: Not sure there is any to give...but request a balcony if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked this hotel on the basis that tour companies use it therefore it must be ok. How wrong we were! We had a one bedroom apartment that was allegedly big enough for four. The rooms were tiny, the door to the balcony did not shut fully, the cutlery had not been washed up, the shower door did not close resulting in a flooded bathroom, there were missing tiles on the 'kitchen' wall, the list goes on.... The apartment had clearly had no checks or maintenance carried out for ages. If you booked the buffet breakfast then don't be late or there will be nothing left and nothing was replenished. Would not recommend the apartment side of this hotel. Cannot comment on the individual rooms.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fionajaneEngland

Travellers are raving about these Skradin hotels

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my partner. It was allocated to us by our travel agent because we were on a week-long adventure package with Huck Finn. As a result of this I didn't do a huge amount of research on it beforehand. It was literally to be a place to sleep between activities. Thankfully, it surpassed all my expectations and was truly a charming little place with the friendliest staff. The location was great with a number of small bars, shops, restaurants etc literally a stone's throw from our door (it is a tiny town of course). We had a double room on the 3rd floor. There isn't an elevator so if stairs are an issue maybe request a room of the 1st floor, otherwise suck it up, it's not the Empire State Building after all! Our room was very spacious and clean. The interior is basic but it did the job for us so I can't complain. We were up and out early everyday and back in the evening so it was just a base for us. That said we had plenty of room, the bed was super comfy and we had a lovely balcony to sit out on too. Fresh towels were provided each day and linen twice. I think it was room 301, to the front of the hotel. Our sleep quality was good...apart from the early morning crows of the local poultry! We stayed on a half board basis as part of our package and I couldn't fault it. Breakfast was a standard holiday buffet. Breads, meats, cheeses, cereal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, juice, tea, coffee etc. They usually left out a few sweet treats as well that were left over from dinner the night before and we enjoyed these a lot :-) We had a choice of three options every evening for dinner. Two meat and one fish option and vegetarians were also catered for. They do amazing soups which we devoured after long days hiking and biking. Lovely little salad sides, delicious mains and deserts. Great wines, cool beers etc. Aside from all that I have to say the staff were faultless. They were kind, attentive and friendly always. I've stayed in a few parts of Croatia and the staff here were by far the best I've experienced. I would highly recommend this hotel and would love to return some time in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

gave us a room on the second floor - no lift and so had to hump the suitcases up two flights of stairs. Asked for a double and got a twin, a very small twin with kid sized beds. Went back to reception and after a bit of negotiation we were given room '307'. Fortunately room 307 was next door to the previous room, so we found it easily enough, but all the signs in the hotel finish at room 306, and when you reach 307 you notice there's a paper sign on the door with the number on it - whereas all the other rooms have posh brass plates. Anyway, room was much bigger and much nicer. Again very clean.

We stayed B&B and I have to say the breakfast wasn't brilliant. Continental breakfast, which is fine, but all the croissants had gone within the first hour of opening and they didn't replace so we had to make do with bread and jam. Poor choice of cereal, cornflakes (I think) and a type of coco pop.

Would I stay again? No - in Skradin there were scores of apartments advertised, as low as 10 Euro a night - I'd pick one of those instead.

Room Tip: I think they're all very small rooms. If you are infirm you should ensure they have a ground fl...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spoonsm
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

My 2 chilren and I stayed here whilest on an adventure holiday with Huck Finn, the room was basic but very clean and had everything we needed. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and spoke all 4 languages required in our group. Food was excellant and always had something to suit everyones tastes. Will definately be returning as beautiful village and had the best holiday ever .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times now as I have a boat in Skradin marina. I love it . The people are the friendliest and helpful people I have ever stayed with anywhere in hotels all over world
the breakfast is great the room are spotless and the price is very reasonable for what you get.
having owned a hotel in USA for 12 years only thing I would say is put one euro a day on he price to cover internet and make it free. I have found that people expect full internet service as part of the price nowadays. Other than that.... perfect.

Room Tip: dont know only stayed in a single room which always by definition is small ( but adequate)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skradin
Krka Haus
#2 of 13 in Sibenik
Guest Accomodation Zura
Guest Accomodation Zura
#3 of 10 in Skradin

Been to Hotel Skradinski Buk? Share your experiences!