“Exciting stay in an oasis of authenticity and quietness”
Review of Landhaus Koller

Landhaus Koller
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gosau
Lausanne
“Exciting stay in an oasis of authenticity and quietness”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The overall impression is that the hotel itself is extremely well managed. The service is outstanding, people are very friendly and always ready to help.

We were half board and in the evening the food is excellent. Wonderful breakfast with all kind of food.

If you are looking for a quiet place this is definitely your choice. We enjoyed an absolute tranquility in our room (valley/pool view). The hotel is ideally located a few minutes driving distance from the beautiful Gosau lakes.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 March 2010

My son and I stayed at the Koller while we were skiing in the area, and it's hard to know where to begin. The hotel is such a beautiful old home, decorated with antique painting and furniture, and is very beautiful. Our room looked out over the mountains and made waking up fantastic.

The staff was exceptionally accomodating from the first moment we arrived, detailing the breakfast and dinner options, and going over the menu with my son who's a bit of a picky eater. We only selected the breakfast option and the coffee was the best I had during my almost 2 week stay in breakfast, and the buffet was very fresh with everything extremely well prepared.

On top of this wonderful stay they went way above and beyond when my son forgot his wallet in the room upon check-out. They contact me with 1/2 hour of checking out by e-mail that they had his wallet and we were able to return and pick it up without it causing any problems with our travel arrangements. When we went to fly out of Linz later that day the person checking our passports, etc. said they were contacted by the the hotel and were asked to let us know they had my son's wallet. I was incredibly impressed since just in passing had I mentioned that we were flying out of Linz. They take such a personal interest in their guests!

I earnestly hope that I get back to the Koller for a romantic weekend or week. It is not only a fantastic location for skiing (or hiking or other outdoors activities), but it is a very romantic hotel and location.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Havant, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We visited Landhaus Koller over Christmas 2008 and I must say, it was a magical experience...

With the sheer amount of snow and surrounding mountains it is a wonderfully cosy, friendly place to be.

The Hotel itself is veery old with wood panelling, lots of winding stairs and wooden beams (so not for the weak hearted or disabled!) with a large amount of stuffed birds on the walls! It is an original hunting lodge that has a lot of history (ask the exceedingly friendly staff to tell you) and was occupied by both the Nazis and the Americans during the war.
I would definately reccommend going over the Christmas period as I imagine this is the best time. However, this was apparently the first time they had opened over the festive period and they pulled out all of the stops to make sure we felt at home. (Travelled in a group as part of a Page & Moy holiday).

More to the point, the food was Michelin standard, the service was impeccable and we couldn't possibly have had a more perfect holiday, so thankyou to everyone at the hotel! (We WILL visit again...)

Tom

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosau
Heritage Hotel Hallstatt
#2 of 4 in Obertraun
Seewirt Zauner
Seewirt Zauner
#3 of 4 in Hallstatt

Been to Landhaus Koller? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Landhaus Koller

Property: Landhaus Koller
Address: Pass-Gschuett-Str. 23 | Oberösterreich Salzkammergut, Gosau 4824, Austria
Region: Austria > Upper Austria > Gosau
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gosau
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:4 star — Landhaus Koller 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Landhaus Koller reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.