“28 August to 5 September 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stella Hotel

Stella Hotel
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“28 August to 5 September 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed at the Stella for week at end of August. Very laid back and informal just what we were looking for. Allocated room 702 which was just across from reception and the balcony looked straight over to Jasmine bar. Room for 3 to 4 people but there was only 2 of us so HUGE room and balcony. Even at the end of August the first thing we had to do was activate the air conditioning! Sunbeds were always available and even people coming to the pool around lunch time got beds easily. Would recommend stella hotel without hesitation. Stayed in Pefkos 5 times before but this was the first time at stella and would definitely make a point of going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frizz6533

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Greek first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We went to the Stella hotel in September this year. The rooms were very clean, very spacious and the cleaners were great, in every day apart from Sunday with clean towels... The only down side was the back rooms didn't get any sun and not much of view, so would ask for a pool view or front room. You would get the sun from morning till night then.
The staff were great and we managed to get beds every day by the pool.
Didn't eat or really drink in the loby, but looked and smelled great.
It was only a short walk to the shops restaraunts and beach, good to get out and about.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room or poole view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicola M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with2 friends.. Great value for money and very central.. Had room 312 at back so not much of a view but didn't take away from our holiday.. If I was going back would ask for a front room as these had view plus sun all day to sunset

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank jackiepate
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have just come back from an amazing stay at Stella Apartments, there was a few of us staying there due to us getting married out there, our room was always clean and very comfortable, what you expect from a self catering appartment and more.
The staff were all great, and Joy was always very friendly and helpful, the pool bar and food was very good and very well priced and even had a couple of happy hours as well.
All of our guests enjoyed our stay and we are now planning our return trip.

A great place to stay with great staff and a friendly welcome, always :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank janis h
wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just spent a week at the Stella and had a wonderful time. the Studio was clean and modern with a lovely view. Plenty of sunbeds and a nice quiet atmosphere around the pool without noisy music that we have had at other places. Staff were friendly and helpful. We could not fault this Hotel.

newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Stella Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
We had a lovely room overlooking the pool with a great sea view, this got the sun on the balcony in the morning but not in the evening. The room was very clean and spacious. The rooms were cleaned every day except sunday and towels were changed 3 times in the week we were there - no complaints.
The swimming pool area was nice and we never had a problem getting a sunbed at all no matter what time of day we went. The pool bar serves food from 8am until 3pm and there is a happy hour for drinks from 6pm until 8pm which we got good use out of before going out for the evening.
There are some lovely restaurants in Pefkos - some of the ones we went to and would recommend are La Piazza, Nostalgia, Enigma which are all on the main street and another one which I loved which is on the road going down to the main beach.is Meltemi. There is also the Lee Beach Bar down on the sea front where we went for breakfast every morning - lovely view from there. Also for anyone staying at the Stella - she has a lovely roof top restaurant in Lindos and if you let reception know that you want to go they will give you a lift to Lindos and take you there.
There are some great bars - the ones that we liked were The Rock Bar, Eclipse, Pefkos by Night and a lovely Cocktail bar called Zig Zag.
The hotel is in is great location, everything you need is on your doorstep, taxi rank,bus stop, supermarket, bakery and ATM. The main beach is about a 5/10 minute walk away.
I loved this Hotel and would go back again but I do think it lacks atmosphere at times. Some backround music round the pool would be nice and they could do something to liven the place up in the evening as the bar area gets very quiet once happy hour is finished, maybe have barbecue or greek nights. I have been to many family run hotels in Greece who do these type of nights and they are also a huge success.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Staff are friendly and helpfull but do not get the support from the managers/owners. I have just come back today from a 2 week stay there and I vow not to go back.

On my arrival the room had a bad smell about it dispite the windows and doors wide open on my arrival. I thought it may be because the room may have shut up previously so i thought I would give it a try next morning I got up showered and went out.

Later that day I returned and the smell in the room was terrible, it smelt of smelly drains, I suspected the wet room drain so I went to the front desk and asked for it to be sorted out, with that a cleaner was despatched and all she cam with was a floor odour neutralizer and she left some more for me to put down the drain later.

The next day it was the same and I complained but no one came to investigate, it seemed I was deemed a trouble maker after the third day I complained to the rep and told him I wanted fixed the next day or I want moving to another room and of course it wasnt.

I was told if i like to pack my bags and wait in reception the next day some time during the day another room would become available. I was incensed at this decision I said I would waist a day of my holiday waiting around but frotunately the desk clerk found us another room within an hour so we just moved down the hall.

At no point has the managment offered me an apology or compensation for the 4 days of suffering that intolerable stink or having repack move and unpack once more.

The hotel has not been updated since it was built and there is dirt every where cobwebs underneath the chairs one was stuck between the fridge door and the wall (will supply images) dust everywhere. The wardrobe door I rubbed my finger along the panelling and a great pile of dust was on my finger.

I would like to give this hotel a no star but its not possible.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a good view but I would advise staying elsewhere in Pefkos, for a little more you ca...
4 Thank Stephen H