“Perfect Pefkos!”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
bridport
“Perfect Pefkos!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have just returned from a 3 week stay at the Coliseum. After reading a few negative reviews was slightly apprehensive -so it was to my relief that I discovered that although I paid a bargain price I had inadvertently booked the most perfect place in Pefkos. The location was very central - 2 minute walk to beach. The pool was far better than any other pool in the resort. Large pool and surrounding area with plenty of sun loungers and space. I had friends and family staying at the Evi and Matina apts and they were squashed like sardines around their much smaller pools. I loved the gardens and potted palms all around the pool much less stark than some complexes.I had a large studio room with large balcony south westerly facing from which I could see the sea! Having stayed in many Greek islands -this was the best studio I've ever stayed in- the girls behind the bar-Jo and Lucy and the owner Paul were fantastic and friendly whilst being unobtrusive and allowing you to relax and enjoy your holiday.Bar food was great-best greek salad in Pefkos! I stayed here on my own with two children age 4 and 5 and felt it was such a safe enviroment -very welcoming for children but very good for couples also. I met so many people who come to the colisuem every year or twice a year and hopefully I will be able to return as frequently too!

Room Tip: I think rooms 22-25 have best views and all day sun
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank esme h

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Finnish first
virkie, shetland Isles UK
Reviewed 19 June 2013

just returned from Rhodes on wednesday 12/6/13 after a week at the coliseum studios and appartments. i have seen reviews for this hotel and was worried but there was no reason to be, these appartments are very centrally located, have beautiful gardens, a fab pool and the managment were very friendly and put themselves out for us. we paid for a 1 bed appartment for myself and my husband but we got a 2 bedroomed one, they are simply furnished, my only criticism would be the fridge was antiquated but everything else was spot on, very clean and if we anted anything, we only had to ask
looking forward to a return stay next year, would highly recommend these appartments

Room Tip: we had a corner appartment at the entrance to the complex, our balcony was massive
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Philandjude108
Paul K, Owner at Coliseum Studios & Apartments, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday with us at the Coliseum. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of your company again in the very near future.

Many Thanks,
Paul Karmaniolas
Owner
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

2 weeks fantastic holiday.thanks to paul owner of coliseum.rooms very clean,sheets towels changed twice a week,linda, maid was lovely and helpful.pool best in pefkos .pool bar great ,staff jo, lucy, matt were good and a laugh to talk to.definitely go back again next year.good food at coliseum restaurant,and good funny staff. dave kay

Room Tip: upper rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dave e
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We visited the Coliseum july 2012, I came with my mother for a quiet short break. We had never been to Rhodes before but after a relative had been and gave a really good review we wanted to go and check it out. When we got to the Coliseum we didn't think there was going to be much to expect and was quite anxious on arrival. We had just got off a night flight and it was pitch black, everywhere looked deserted. The coach driver just chucked our suit cases off the coach and drove off, giving us no idea where to go. We eventually found a nice cobbled pathway which we walked down, to see the view of such a beautiful pool. However no one was around to greet us so we got worried. We eventually found our room in the dark. At this moment in time we weren’t very happy as we had to walk up stairs in the pitch black with two suit cases and look for our room. However when we got inside the room we was quite happy, big open space, lots of room for storage, clean kitchen and clean bathroom. The air con was brilliant too as we come around the hottest time. The beds were awesome; I've never slept better in my life. The morning came and the owners of the Coliseum apologised to us for the mix up on our arrival, by this time we wasn't too bothered as we both had a great sleep and understood why no one was there as we did arrive at 4am. The staff was so welcoming and being English eased us a little as we knew we could speak to them if we wanted to know anything or if we were stuck. We were very happy with the Coliseum, clean, relaxed and the staff was friendly. We were very happy with the studio we got, for the price it was a lot better than we expected. Pefkos was an amazing holiday and i highly recommend staying at the Coliseum. The night life was great, not too noisy, just everyone having a good time, very chilled out. We could hear the music from our balcony but it didn't bother us one bit as it stopped at a reasonable time every night. The view from the balcony was beautiful. The small beach about 5 minutes walk from the Coliseum was very quiet calm and relaxing. I am a young girl but I enjoy my peace and quiet, enjoy having a good time without everything being madness, this was the perfect location for me and we couldn't have chose a better place to stay. There is nothing bad I can say about the Coliseum as it was perfect for me, price range was spot on and the people were lovely. The pool was quite full at the time we were there, but bearing in mind at this time the children were on their summer holidays. This was no trouble for us, as we would go out very early in the morning for a dip and then on to the beach. It was perfectly situated near the local shops, run by lovely people and also cheap priced food drink cigarettes and other. The coliseum restaurant definately has to be tried, even if you are not staying at the apartments. The food is delicious and the staff yet again are so lovely. I will definately be visiting here again, only this time for longer. Absolute bliss, perfection, I have visited many nice places, e.g. Dubai and i would chose this one over any of them. We made some great friends and got along really well with the lady cleaner who was so loving and caring. I would move to the coliseum if I could!!! Thank You For A Great Holiday!! x

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steph G
Paul K, Owner at Coliseum Studios & Apartments, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Steph G,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I much appreciate people that look at this for what they are. We at The Coliseum do try our best for everybody to enjoy there stay with us. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Coliseum in the very near future.

Thanking you,
Paul Karmaniolas
Owner
Arnside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here for 1 week at the end of the summer holiday with our two little girls. We know Greece well and we expected the apartment to be basic. The owners were very nice - we had emailed in advance with a request for a two bedroom quiet apartment if possible and they had saved a couple of rooms for us to choose from. The pool and pool area were large and had lots of sun loungers, the beach is very close (2 mins out of the back gate to the nearest beach). The restaurant was very good and there are lots of other bars and restaurants near by. Our little girls really enjoyed it and all in all the complex was attractive and clean. The only let down was the cleaning in the rooms - or lack of it. The floor, shower, sink and bath were filthy - not just needing a rinse but needing a scrub! I don't expect daily maid service or new towels every day - our bedding and towels were changed mid week which was fine - the bins were emptied every day and everyone was friendly. If the cleaners made just a tiny bit more effort it would be a real gem of a bargain - the cleaners let it down. We just went to the supermarket bought some scourers and some cleaning stuff and cleaned up on the first day - we decided that this was the best way to make the most of it. It wouldn't be enough to put me off - on a budget holiday you have to make the most of things - but I think it is a shame that an otherwise nice place to stay is let down by lazy cleaning. The dirt built up was just the result of weeks (perhaps months) of never wiping down showers or washing floors etc. I'd say brilliant place to saty if they get some good cleaning staff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank karen p
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

just come back from our two week holiday at the coliseum (September 2012) when we arrived we new it would be basic we expected that,but what we didnt expect the shower not to work properly or the toilet to be broken. We spoke to the owner he said he would fix it he didnt we spoke to a young man working the bar he said he would fix it which he did we were gratefull I could wash my hair and shower with out sitting on the floor.We found that our bins were empted every day but the balcony was swept once,our room cleaned once,our beds changed once each week,we only had one towel each when you always get two(one bath one hand).And these were only changed once as well,that was when we asked for clean ones.We complained that the light that is on the landing out side the room did not work and we could not see to go down the steps at night as i had nearly fell down these steps in the dark.This was NOT fixed, on the landing outside our room was a mop and bucket left with dirty water to smell in the heat this was not used and if it was the water was foul. Our bathroom was NOT cleaned they only put blue liquid down the toilet they didnt clean the sink or floor and as for the shower tray there was sand left in there for OVER A WEEK we showered in our flip flops.We are NOT people who complain as we no things are basic in Greece, but i will say the Greeks are better cleaners than those at the coliseum and they were British.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda K
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

just got back from 10 days at the Coliseum (September 2012) had a wonderful stay at the apartments. We were made very welcome by Paul, Jo, Matt and Alex. Nothing was too much trouble. It was a little noisy in the original room we were given and were offered another room, which was quieter and also very nice. We knew that it wasn't going to be 5 star accomodation but it was clean and basic which is what we expected. The food in the restaurant however was 5 star and we would highly recommend eating there even if you don't stay in the apartments. looking at some of the other reviews it appears that some people were expecting 5 star plus for 3 star prices.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple