“Finas is a decent hotel!”

Finas Hotel Apartments
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Finas is a decent hotel!”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

.This was our 4th visit to the wonderful resort of Pefkos.Stayed here for two weeks in august 2011,weather was fantastic ,HOT HOT HOT.Hotel was good,receptionists were amicable,bar staff were good,room was good,bed and pillows were ok,alot better than where we have stayed in Pefkos before.air con is a must,cost @50euros a week is about the norm.Room was cleaned most days,new towels and sheets.Music was not over noisy and went off @1am,but hey ho you're on holiday.Did'nt use the pool but it looked ok,would recommend the beach,lovely sand and wonderful seas.Try to get to the beach before 10am to guarantee an umbrella and sunbeds as they go quick,8euros to hire.Pefkos is not a resort for clubbers or 18/30 types,Falaraki it is not! But is is great for a relaxing holiday.And the Finas is a decent hotel,its not the Ritz but this is is Greece and its very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This year I had made the mistake of booking the hotel before looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor so as you can imagine, trawling through the many bad reviews on here for this hotel after I had booked it, I became seriously worried that my much needed relaxing romantic holiday was going to become a nightmare!

I am a mid 20's girl travelling with my boyfriend of 30 and we have both stayed in various grades of hotels throughout the years. I am a neat freak and anal when it comes to things being in order and clean. Therefore, as you can imagine I was horrified at the ratings of this hotel and bought every cleaning product under the sun and new sheets to bring to this hotel just incase it really was a 'dirty prison cell' - dramatic but I didnt want anything ruining my holiday like it appeared to have other peoples!

Anyway, so we arrived and Kelly (who everyone seems to hate according to this) seemed to me to be pleasant and sprightly. I had no problem with her. She walked us to near our room and I was dreading opening the door. But what i found was to be a perfectly fine room, nothing out the ordinary, no special features or anything but it was totally fine. It was a good size, it had a nice size balcony that looked over the sea and the kitchen was perfectly apt for making your breakfast and little snacks - which to me is all you need as when your on holiday, the majority of times most wish to eat out. I found none of it to be dirty and not even that worn - well nothing that i would be fussed about mentioning -afterall, you're only in the room to sleep and get ready! The appearance of the hotel and gardens were lovely and being up a hill meant getting the must have views of the sea.

When me and my boyfriend go on holiday we enjoy exploring the place and use the hotel only as a base so we only ate at the hotel on our 1st night (which was nice food). We didnt use the pool as i will match other reviews on the fact that it is pretty impossible to get a bed and besides i found it to be over crowded. This shouldnt put you off as there is literally loads of free pools you can use in Pefkos and of course 2 lovely beaches. We also did the glass bottom boat ride one day (most fun we had) and a day in Lindos (totally amazing historical and quaint town) so being in the hotel pool everyday wasn't a requirement of ours.

We might have been lucky with the position of our room and indeed how well it was kept as regarding the noise of the events held at the hotel, we didnt really hear anything. However if we had been near the pool i dont think it would have affected us too much as by the time you get in after the sunny day, get ready and eat out its about 11.30pm on return anyway so its not much of a problem- unless of course you are a family. I dont think this hotel is suitable for young families because of this.

Overall this hotel was what you pay for, comfortable, accessible to the beach and nightlife with great views. We were in room 135 and we asked our rep to put in a request for a sea view room, at a height and away from the pool. This is what we got. I suggest doing the same if you are worried.

We would stay again if we could get the same type of location of room as Pefkos and Lindos provided us with a great holiday, one of our best yet! :)

Room Tip: Ask your rep to put in a request for your requirements i.e away from pool etc
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicasso
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We have just returned from a two week stay and had probably one of the most relaxing holidays ever. Our apartments were great with a fantastic view. We found the staff friendly and welcoming and met some great people. Remember this is Greece and a 3 star isn't necessarily the same as a UK 3*. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and perfectly adequate for our needs. As it says in the Olympic small print, accom doesn't make a holiday its just a base and when you consider the breakdown of the holiday cost the accommodation is just a small proportion the biggest being the flight.
There are two nights that can be noisy (karaoke) but they are really good fun and Campbell (the excellent barman) provides his own entertainment after, worth staying up for!
We plan to take our boys back again next year (ages 12,15,17) along with friends we made at the Finas. However we will do so on a self catering basis as the A'la carte menu is far more extensive and value for money. There are also some good restaurants in easy reach.
My only 'gripe' if any, was that I wished we knew how much the aircon was before we went so we could of budgeted for it. Otherwise a brilliant holiday.
See you all next summer. X

• Stayed August 2011
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel is where I stayed for 2 weeks for my holiday in greece, one of which turned out to be one of my best holidays and the hotel was a good reason for it. All the staff were more than friendly, so easy to get along with and formed good friendships with a couple of them. The rooms were a good state, all you used them for was sleeping and showering anyway. Perfect location, not right in town but not a long walk atall. Good atmosphere and nice place. Enjoyed my time, would deffonantley reccomend to family and friends.

Rossy Smith.

• Stayed August 2011
deal
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Have just got back from another great two weeks at the Finas, thanks to Aris Rachel, Campbell, Kelly and Kakos and everyone else. If you are going to read the reports about this hotel please take them with a pinch of salt. As with most places that you go to in greece the rooms are fairly basic, but i do not go on holiday to cook and watch tv!!

Karaoke nights are great fun with all the kids dancing on the bar afterwards, the friendly staff really make this holiday and is why we will be returning very soon. As for the receptionist Kelly sitting at the desk chain smoking( as mentioned by a previous report) this is rubbish Kelly always goes outside to smoke and always comes back in if someone needs her at reception, and all of the staff will help you as much as they possibly can.

All in all you will make your own decision based on other peoples opinions, however, if i had done this i would never have gone to the Finas and would of missed out on two great holidays and many more to come!!

london
Reviewed 24 August 2011

A good holiday is dependant, on your attitude towards various things, the people you meet and the hotel/resort that you hopefully would have researched before you went. Pencil into that the cost and your expectations and you shoudn't go wrong in my eyes? Well based on those words of wisdom we had a great time.

Our apartment (175) overlooking the pool was fine, clean and spacious enough for four. The noise at night from the bar was minimal with the doors shut although I probably kept people awake with my appalling singing on karaoke nights which is not normally my cup of tea but really enjoyed it.

If you engage the staff in a friendly manner then they respond likewise , its not rocket science! Never had a problem with any of them and Aris and Campbell are good humoured good guys. Remember they are helping to run a profit making business not a charity! I never felt ripped off at anytime.

I could nick pick about minor matters but the good outweighed the bad. Make an informed desicion based on all the reviews to decide whether this place is for you or not,even whether it comes in at a lower cost than others! We got value for money,I made the most of it and enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Cannot help here really. Luck of the draw
1 Thank thespudsLondon
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We booked a late holiday , olympic via Thomas Cook, 3 days before departure.We had booked a studio. This was advertised as Double & Twin beds. This was ok as we have two lads 13/15. When we got in the room, the twin beds turned out to be a double sofa bed. Not ideal. We could not change or upgrade the room as they were full.
Typical greek self catering equipment, non existent. Not a problem for us as we had not intention of eating in the room. Bad points. The furnishings were well worn and it was very basic accommodation, but it was what we expected.
Food was not very good and the service was just as bad. In contrast the bar service was good as was the service, but the bar area is very crowded. Pool has several areas for sunbathing, the main pool and several terraces. You cannot get a poolside bed unless you get up at stupid o'clock. If you don't get round the pool the other areas are shaded for a lot of the day. The pool is a lot smaller than it looked in the pictures. The pool is also shared with the nearby Lia studios.
Aircon was very expensive 50eu for the week and the safe box, which is in a room off reception, 15eu. The most I have ever paid!
On checking in they took one passport, be warned they keep it for the week as a surety against damages or other charges. When my wife asked for it back she was told it would cost 50eu to get it back. Not happy about this, the only time any accommodation supplier has kept a passport they misplaced it and only found it as the taxi was waiting to pick us up for the airport. The Olympic reps were a waste of time, no concern about an unhappy customer, just wanted to fob her off, so that she could sell car hire to the muppets behind my wife who were muttering about it not being a problem for them. 58eu for a class A car for one day!! Mugs.

Good points, room was cleaned a couple of times during the week, bins emptied every day. Towels changed 3 times and bedding once. we were there for one week. Furniture had seen better days but it was reasonably comfortable. Hot water most of the time.
Complex is quite nice and and although it is on the outskirts of Pefkos, it is about a 10 minute walk to the better supermarkets and the restaurants. Beach is about 15-20 minutes away. Not much beach left but you can hire 2 beds, umbrella and table for 8eu per day. We found this better than trying to fight the early towel brigade round the pool. Sea was clear calm and shallow perfect for swimming.

There is a good range of places to eat with some good deals on set menus, 7.90eu for 3 courses with lots of options. The most we paid for a meal for 4 inc drinks was 66eu, much cheaper than Lanzarote ( May 2011)

Would we go back to Finas? yes as a cheap deal, apart from a few minor problems we enjoyed our stay. We would not pay anything close to brochure price.

Room Tip: Dont book an inland view