“We loved it...will defs visit again!”

Finas Hotel Apartments
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Before I booked the holiday I checked trip advisor and wasn't sure what to think. So I went with no high hopes! I found the place to be gorgeous, I couldn't have asked for a better pool, bar and room in general. The hotel is very safe and secure and within walking distance to both the beach and the main strip of restaurants and the likes. We took a walk down to the bottom of the strip and found a bar called 'Eclipse'!! Great spot, if you go during the day..or night you can pay 2euros and jump of the water fall ledge. Amazing. The sea is also very warm and peaceful. Overall I will definitely return to Finas in the later future! Thanks for a great week! Oh there are also gorgeous peacocks walking around the hotel! Lovely to see. Do not hesitate to book your trip to Rhodes and Finas! J & E

Room Tip: Make sure to invest in aircon!!!! Only 46 euro for the week - money well spent
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emmaoc1987

Reviewed 5 September 2011

As stated in the previous review I also booked before reading reviews and was very apprehensive about the Finas. However I went on to have one of the nicest holidays ever!
On arrival our initial impression was unwelcoming but Kelly quickly greeted us and we began to relax. The procedure for checking in is a little strange as you have to check in with everyone from your coach and then get shown to your rooms as a group, but it's a good chance to chat to other holiday makers. Kelly is lovely and cheerful xx
Our room unfortunately was one in need of updating and cleaning so my heart sank! However we cleaned it and decided to make the best of it, after a night on a broken bed though we decided to complain. Rachel (on reception) was very helpful and apologetic and explained we had been put in our room last minute as someone had paid for late check out in the room we had been allocated. She said they had no idea about the broken bed as it had not been reported and immediately offered to move us. We moved upstairs into a brighter, cleaner room and settled to enjoy our holiday!!
We were half board and the food was lovely as was the service and very relaxed. We were even given take away bacon butties for our lazy teenagers at breakfast!!
The bar was great and priced very well for a hotel bar again the staff were lovely and helpful.
Our teenagers spent all day in the pool and were very happy, my husband and I got sunbeds every day whatever time we arrived as we chose to go onto the upper verandas with their stunning views!
Pefkos and LIndos are fantastic areas to explore with great beaches, bars and restaurants The Acropolis is definitely worth the climb we got a taxi from the hotel for 9 euros ordered by reception
On reflection our advice is ignore the bad reviews, go to the Finas and enjoy your holiday! The staff make it a holiday to remember!!
With the exception of the Olympic rep Kelly she lets the hotel and Olympic holidays down badly!!

Room Tip: Complain if you are not happy they will do the best to help
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I have just read the reviews on here and am glad to see that 'most' people enjoyed their holiday at Finas!! I am finding it difficult to believe that anybody has received bad service from any of the staff there. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left I felt welcome and able to approach any of the people, whether for help and advice or just for a chat. Kelly on reception was more like an old friend than a staff member and made my stay enjoyable. She was helpful and full of smiles (nothing was too much trouble), as were all the staff at Finas. The children really liked their holiday and along with my Mum and myself, cannot wait to make a return trip!! The hotel was very clean and rooms had bins emptied and everywhere swept everyday! The whole experience was the best I have ever had anywhere in Greece or the islands. I say to those people who like to whinge about EVERYTHING to save move money, go to a 5 star hotel and leave everybody else to enjoy their holiday!!!! Thankyou everybody at Finas....see you next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jojo363
Reviewed 2 September 2011

.This was our 4th visit to the wonderful resort of Pefkos.Stayed here for two weeks in august 2011,weather was fantastic ,HOT HOT HOT.Hotel was good,receptionists were amicable,bar staff were good,room was good,bed and pillows were ok,alot better than where we have stayed in Pefkos before.air con is a must,cost @50euros a week is about the norm.Room was cleaned most days,new towels and sheets.Music was not over noisy and went off @1am,but hey ho you're on holiday.Did'nt use the pool but it looked ok,would recommend the beach,lovely sand and wonderful seas.Try to get to the beach before 10am to guarantee an umbrella and sunbeds as they go quick,8euros to hire.Pefkos is not a resort for clubbers or 18/30 types,Falaraki it is not! But is is great for a relaxing holiday.And the Finas is a decent hotel,its not the Ritz but this is is Greece and its very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This year I had made the mistake of booking the hotel before looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor so as you can imagine, trawling through the many bad reviews on here for this hotel after I had booked it, I became seriously worried that my much needed relaxing romantic holiday was going to become a nightmare!

I am a mid 20's girl travelling with my boyfriend of 30 and we have both stayed in various grades of hotels throughout the years. I am a neat freak and anal when it comes to things being in order and clean. Therefore, as you can imagine I was horrified at the ratings of this hotel and bought every cleaning product under the sun and new sheets to bring to this hotel just incase it really was a 'dirty prison cell' - dramatic but I didnt want anything ruining my holiday like it appeared to have other peoples!

Anyway, so we arrived and Kelly (who everyone seems to hate according to this) seemed to me to be pleasant and sprightly. I had no problem with her. She walked us to near our room and I was dreading opening the door. But what i found was to be a perfectly fine room, nothing out the ordinary, no special features or anything but it was totally fine. It was a good size, it had a nice size balcony that looked over the sea and the kitchen was perfectly apt for making your breakfast and little snacks - which to me is all you need as when your on holiday, the majority of times most wish to eat out. I found none of it to be dirty and not even that worn - well nothing that i would be fussed about mentioning -afterall, you're only in the room to sleep and get ready! The appearance of the hotel and gardens were lovely and being up a hill meant getting the must have views of the sea.

When me and my boyfriend go on holiday we enjoy exploring the place and use the hotel only as a base so we only ate at the hotel on our 1st night (which was nice food). We didnt use the pool as i will match other reviews on the fact that it is pretty impossible to get a bed and besides i found it to be over crowded. This shouldnt put you off as there is literally loads of free pools you can use in Pefkos and of course 2 lovely beaches. We also did the glass bottom boat ride one day (most fun we had) and a day in Lindos (totally amazing historical and quaint town) so being in the hotel pool everyday wasn't a requirement of ours.

We might have been lucky with the position of our room and indeed how well it was kept as regarding the noise of the events held at the hotel, we didnt really hear anything. However if we had been near the pool i dont think it would have affected us too much as by the time you get in after the sunny day, get ready and eat out its about 11.30pm on return anyway so its not much of a problem- unless of course you are a family. I dont think this hotel is suitable for young families because of this.

Overall this hotel was what you pay for, comfortable, accessible to the beach and nightlife with great views. We were in room 135 and we asked our rep to put in a request for a sea view room, at a height and away from the pool. This is what we got. I suggest doing the same if you are worried.

We would stay again if we could get the same type of location of room as Pefkos and Lindos provided us with a great holiday, one of our best yet! :)

Room Tip: Ask your rep to put in a request for your requirements i.e away from pool etc
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicasso
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We have just returned from a two week stay and had probably one of the most relaxing holidays ever. Our apartments were great with a fantastic view. We found the staff friendly and welcoming and met some great people. Remember this is Greece and a 3 star isn't necessarily the same as a UK 3*. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and perfectly adequate for our needs. As it says in the Olympic small print, accom doesn't make a holiday its just a base and when you consider the breakdown of the holiday cost the accommodation is just a small proportion the biggest being the flight.
There are two nights that can be noisy (karaoke) but they are really good fun and Campbell (the excellent barman) provides his own entertainment after, worth staying up for!
We plan to take our boys back again next year (ages 12,15,17) along with friends we made at the Finas. However we will do so on a self catering basis as the A'la carte menu is far more extensive and value for money. There are also some good restaurants in easy reach.
My only 'gripe' if any, was that I wished we knew how much the aircon was before we went so we could of budgeted for it. Otherwise a brilliant holiday.
See you all next summer. X

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This hotel is where I stayed for 2 weeks for my holiday in greece, one of which turned out to be one of my best holidays and the hotel was a good reason for it. All the staff were more than friendly, so easy to get along with and formed good friendships with a couple of them. The rooms were a good state, all you used them for was sleeping and showering anyway. Perfect location, not right in town but not a long walk atall. Good atmosphere and nice place. Enjoyed my time, would deffonantley reccomend to family and friends.

Rossy Smith.