“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”

Finas Hotel Apartments
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed 27 July 2013

When I booked this hotel for myself, husband,son and grandchildren I was not sure if I had made the right choice but the price was good so went with it. The reviews were very mixed but thought go and make our own minds up. We had been in Pefkos the year before, for my youngest sons wedding so knew it was a lovely place.

Firsts impressions, not bad, our room 113 was at the front of the hotel with fantastic views. Our son was given 143. This room was much more old fashioned and the view not good. We didn't arrive until about midnight and the staff were great. They even cooked a pizza at 1am for us.

The next day our son ask if it was possible to move rooms. Rachel, said it would be but not till Saturday (we arrived on a Wednesday). On the Saturday he was given room 141 much better, view fantastic so thanks.

This hotel is in need of work doing to it. I could go on for a long time regarding health and safety issues but it is Greece, and I don't think that they even know what they are. We have been to Greece and in particular Rhodes numerous times and love it so knew what to expect, therefore we were not disappointed or surprised with any cleaning issues etc.

One thing I was disappointed with was the cleaners for the room. They did very, very little. In the week we were there they did not change the towels or sheets until Monday and as we left on the Wednesday could not understand this.

This hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the centre so be prepared to walk. In the heat it can be hard work. Please if you have any walking difficulties or any disability be very careful before choosing here. It is on a hill so you have to go up hill to all rooms except the rooms on the front and even then you have to use steps or a small hill to get to the main hotel reception and pool.

Drinks, not too bad. Pint of Mythos 2.50 euro, bottle water (small) 90 cents. Food, bacon bap 4.50 euro so not too bad. Self catering facilities simple but enough, but please don't expect to cook full meals it will be very difficult.

Staff great, they were fantastic with my grand children and my son sat at the bar most evenings and they were very friendly.
i
Would I go back, maybe. Will I go back to Pefkos Yes, going next year so looking for a hotel nearer the centre. If I can't find what I want I will return to the Finas but will ask for the same room.

Room Tip: When you get there if not happy see Rachel on reception. If she can she will move you.
There are newer reviews for Finas Hotel Apartments

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this holiday really late, and although I was a little concerned by some of the reviews on here, I think you could put some people at the Ritz and they would find something to complain about. This was my third trip to Pefkos, but my first to the Finas and I have to say I found the hotel to be the most enjoyable one I have stayed in. The atmosphere is so friendly from the moment you get there to the moment you, reluctantly, leave. All the staff make an effort to get to know people and are always happy to have a chat, it makes you feel really special.
The value for money in the hotel is great too - its 2.50 for a large draught Mythos - I seem to remember paying more than that a few years ago, and the food is both cheap and very good, especially the pizzas. Best of all however are the events they put on. You can pay a fortune to go to a Greek night, but the one in the hotel was 10 Euros, including all your food, and was every bit as good as what you find anywhere else for a lot more money. I dont generally like Karaoke, but I have to say they even managed to make that fun too. The air conditioning cost is 95 Euros for two weeks, which is roughly the same as everywhere else.
I have seen a few people complain about Olympic in their reviews too, but I found Becky the rep lovely, and nothing was too much trouble for her, even when she was just there socially and not even working.
The only minor problem with hotel, and the one that all the complaints seem to be about, is the cleaning - its ok, but its not great, but lets be honest here, you are in one of the most beautiful places in the world, so why you would want to spend all your time in the room is beyond me, surely its just for sleeping in. The showers are powerful, and I never ran out of hot water. The views from the balcony are truly stunning as you can see from the pics, and the hotel itself looks like an old fashioned greek village - all white blocks with blue painted shutters, it looks stunning.
One thing to note however, it is a pretty steep hill from the beach, so if you struggle walking, its probably not the right place for you. The main beech road is maybe a 5 minute walk, or 10 minute stroll, so the location is pretty good.
So, in summary, dont listen to the doom mongers, if you go here to enjoy yourself, you will enjoy yourself, if you want to have a moan about a couple of minor details, stay away.

Room Tip: I can only comment on the room I was in, which was 187, and this was fine. I guess the ones nearest...
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I am adding this review because by chance we had room 110 the week after a previous reviewer (17th to 24th July) and I guess things are down to pot luck regards cleaning. (Perhaps the cleaners have gone on their holidays)

Personally I cannot believe how poor the accommodation was. We have been to 6 Greek Islands and know their standards are low but this was the worst we have stayed in. (Why do we all accept Greece is sub standard with the accommodation compared to other European Countries ?)

We had a one bedroom apartment and the bedroom is so small when you open a wardrobe door it cannot open fully as it hits the bed, the kitchen is a cupboard the bathroom was filthy and the lounge was 4 bare walls with a 2 seater setee and nothing else.

The bathroom floor was very grubby as were the wall tiles, there was a stain on the side of the bath which looks like it is burnt in, The shower curtain is black at the bottom and our towels were all discoloured and frayed at the edges.

Unlike the previous reviewer our cleaning was non existant (we spilt some sand on the floor but had no broom, the sand remained for 4 days until we complained), we asked after 5 days when we would get clean towels and bed linen and were told "tomorrow" - great with one day left.

When we complained to the Olympic rep we were told it was not a problem she deals with and we need to speak to the hotel staff - strange as I booked with Olympic not the Hotel !

The flooring in the apartment throughout is wooden laminate strips which are uneven , loose and with no edging, the skirting boards are not connected to the walls in places and sticking out into the rooms.

Its a real shame about the accommodation as the resort is super, very well situated has a fantastic atmosphere, a nice pool (but with a lot of broken sunbeds), the bar and restaurant staff are great helpful and friendly.

The Karaoke nights turned into good fun and we left the bar at 1.00 am with at least 10 people still dancing on the bar and apparently this went on until nearly 3.00 am, so I understand the complaints about noise from the bar.

I understand that Olympic have booked exclusivity at this hotel for 6 years - great but what about monitoring state of repair and cleaning standards ? If they can get this right the Finas would get 5 out of 5 reviews. We and others chose to ignore the poor/bad points and had a very enjoyable holiday and would probably recommend it but with a health warning.

Room Tip: If 2 travelling don't bother with one bedroom apartment you won't use the "Lounge"...
2  Thank IanSeaford
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just got back from the Finas 17thJuly 2013,had room110 on the front away from the main block,didn't hear any music from the bar at night,bit of noise from the road at the front of the hotel but that was only because we slept with the doors open.Staff are very friendly room was cleaned every day except Sunday and towels also changed,no complaints about the rooms in fact no complaints about anything,
I would certainly go back to the Finas,I also must mention Aris's roast leg of lamb to share,this is a meal for four delicious.pool was excellent most reviews have mentioned too many sunshades but you can move your beds.
Our neighbour's were very quiet ( thanks Lady J) Pefkos beaches are very clean plenty of resteraunts and bars in the town and as I said before,would holiday there again.

Room Tip: If you go in peak season get the air conditioning and a room away from the main building
1  Thank Bigfella999_13
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I booked this a week before the departure date and got a very good price so I didn't expect too much. I was allocated an upper floor room at the front of the complex which was brilliant for me. Sea view, peaceful (lovely quiet neighbours - thanks guys :) and plenty of sun in the afternoon. I thought the room was clean and more than acceptable for Greek standards (and I have stayed in quite a few). Admittedly the self catering was in a strange place, however as I only used the fridge, kettle, plates and cups it was fine for me. My sheets and towels were white and not stained so perhaps its pot luck compared to other reviews?

The hotel set up is very nice, you can spend your whole holiday there if you want as there is food, entertainment and the pool. But if you choose not to then there is no problem at all - as sometimes the owners of accommodation can be funny if you do not spend your Euros there but its not like that here.
The staff were all friendly and I personally thought the grounds were well maintained. I had a few meals there and the food was very nice.The location is fab, not far from the beaches and main area of Pefkos.
The pool was very clean and the water refreshing. Towards the end of my holiday it did start to become busier so yes you will have to expect other holidaymakers playing bat and ball and having inflatables - but that's normal in a hotel swimming pool! I didn't experience a broken sunbed but they were a bit like sardines but personally the hotel can't win - too many sunbeds or not enough........

I was very impressed with my stay and had a lovely relaxing time but after reading some of the other reviews I do think it depends on what your expectations are and also what room you are allocated. Some of the sea view rooms at the front are quieter but you will experience 'a little' entertainment noise from other hotels in the bay but it didn't bother me as it was nice to sit on the balcony and people watch/listen. Would I stay here again? Yes I would providing I could have the same room again.
I would say most of the information on here is correct, the personal bad experiences are just bad luck as Finas Hotel is a very nice budget place to stay in a fab location.

Room Tip: Some sea view rooms at the front are quieter although smaller in size.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LadyJMidlands
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a review of the hotel and staff NOT Olympic, who I will never book or travel with again.
GOOD POINTS.
On arrival we were shown to our room by the delightful Lakis. Funny, friendly and full of great stories.Efharisto Laki.
Racheal the main receptionist is an absolute gem. She did all she could to ensure our stay was great. Thanks Rach. Also the lovely Casha.
Aris was fantastic in the bar, as were all the bar staff. Polite and courteous. Apologies I cant remember anyone else's names.
Big hello and thank you to all the cleaning staff. The whole time we were there, someone was always cleaning somewhere and the place was spotless.
Rooms were a good size. Basic, but you dont go to Greece to spend all day in your room!!
Cleaned every day to a high standard.
Beds comfy and 2 singles .
Food was great, Greek night was good fun.
Resort itself is great, lots of choice, whether you want good traditional Greek food or pie and chips , its all available.
BAD POINTS
We found the pool area too crowded. far too many fixed umbrellas, which limited the amount of good sunbathing spots.

Too noisy at night. OK, until about midnight, but why have it so loud after? Its not as if there are any other hotels sound systems to complete with nearby! Luckily, we always take ear plugs with us.

Overall a good hotel with great staff.

Just dont book with olympic. Although, their rep Rebbeca was very helpful. Thanks Bec.

Room Tip: Ask Rach for a quiet room away from the pool/bar area. The peacock likes crisps
2  Thank keeperno13
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Noisy dirty poor standard. Pool beds too crowded together no room to move. Pool full of people playing with balls, bat and balls lilos no.room to swim. Tried to charge me double for a meal dont know if that ws on purpose on not when i said to him he just looked at me as if i was going to say just leave it i will just pay left feeling uncomfortable.cleaning in rooms very poor standard,rep not very helpful she spent most of the time at the nearby elisa hotel as we did,we got a very very cheap deal so it was worth what we paid for it compared to what other guests i.talked to paid. Would not go to that hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near pool and bar area.
2  Thank Sheila C