Finas Hotel Apartments
Pefki Islands Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Pool
Summer Memories Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$29
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$44
  • Pool
Pefkos Village Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
Pefkos Beach Hotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$29
Coralli Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$28
Stella Hotel(Pefkos)
Elvita(Pefkos)
  • Pool
All reviewsresident peacockair conbar areaself cateringslight inclinegreat holidaysea viewmountain goatsnext yeartwo weeksbbq nightplenty of sunbedswet roommobility issueskavos beachgreat funcleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely 2 weeks here but I had read the reviews so I had very low expectations and came armed with my toilet cleaner and antibac surface cleaning wipes. Our flight was awful 'Small Planet' - no trolley service just water! so we were tired when we arrived. The check in process was laborious as each client was asked if they wanted air con and a safe and then payment and explanation of each key and air con control (x approx 15) - better customer service would have been to say please return to reception to organise later so everyone checking in doesn't have to wait half an hour extra. We were then shown to our rooms and I was actually pleasantly surprised. We had a lovely terrace with sea view and more importantly the room was clean. The fridge was not but the bathroom and rest of the room was. However during our stay despite the maid coming in everyday except Sunday she did not once touch the bathroom or the kitchen sink area. She made the beds and cleaned the floors. All very nice but in a 2 week time frame it would be normal to clean the bathroom at least twice. My bleach and wipes were put to good use as 4 of us were using the bathroom.

We had clean sheets and towels a few times but did have to return the sheets once as they were heavily stained. I offered to bin them but they were taken off me and probably recycled! They didn't quibble (or apologise) but I got fresh sheets.

The staff were all friendly and hard working especially the breakfast chap but they do all seem to live in slight fear of the management which did create some atmosphere. Steve on reception was fab and would do his best to help with anything you needed.

In terms of general cleaning there is no disputing that the pool area is dirty and not maintained. The sun beds are not tidied up and the small tables are filthy with what ever food and drink has been spilt. Many sunbeds are broken but there were generally enough to go around. I don't think any member of staff has responsibility for cleaning this area so it gets left.

The dining area is also a real disappointment - not very clean and generally just one poor member of staff trying to cope. The floor is concrete so not easy to clean but I think it is just hosed down at the end of the night - this attempt at cleaning just leaves huge puddles of water all over the floor that you have to negotiate at breakfast.

If you are planning to book Bed and Breakfast or Half board think again! The menu for B&B is very limited and not very nice at all. If you book breakfast when you arrive you can have a much better menu with more choice for 25 Euro and they do a 3 course meal in the evening for 8.90 Euro which I'm sure is probably better than the HB option.

Overall we did have a lovely holiday. I recommend trying other pools for more comfort although it's nice if you have children to stay around the Finas pool and make friends. The walk to the beach only takes 10 mins through the gardens of a lovely 4 star hotel! but it is a bit of a slog back up the hill in the heat.

If you go to Kavos beach the little taverna there is lovely.

Finas is a great base, the staff are generally friendly and the type of people that go to the hotel are fun and friendly which does make your holiday. You can avoid the bar by asking for a back room but some nights your French doors will still vibrate so don't forget to pack some earplugs!

Room Tip: If you have children make sure you are away from the bar
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just returned from the Finas for the 4th time, and once again had a fantastic holiday. Called Rachel a couple of days before travelling to ask if we could have the same room as the year before and she sorted this no problem. The welcome we got from the whole team was fantastic, there were lots of new staff this year who were all friendly and helpful. The room itself, as many others have said was basic but cleaned daily with fresh linen and towels on a very regular basis. The food at the Finas is very reasonable and very high standard, you can get a 3 course meal for 8.90 euros, we ate there on numerous occasions, and decided to have the breakfast option for 25euros for the week, which is a great deal. On the evenings we ate in Pefkos we were not disappointed either, the restaraunts in Pefkos are excellent and good prices. Pefkos By Night is a good bar for music and dancing, and the Rock Garden has great music. If you are going to Finas please do not be worried or put off by the negative reviews, if you go with the attitude of a fun holiday that is what you will have. On a final note good luck to Aris and Rachel for December and thank you one again for a fantastic holiday we are sure to be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TraceyP123490
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Booked a week at the Fina Hotel with olympic and got an amazing deal so started with low expectations. I am glad to report we had a fantastic time and all the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The accommodation was basic but rooms came with a hairdryer, kettle and a full size bath. Arris the bar manager was an absolute star along with the rest of the team. Pefkos is a small village I have driven through several times on my way to the south of the island or lindos. I am so glad I had time to explore and found many gems. Firstly the beach is fantastic and although small one of the best on the island. Secondly the number of quality restaurants is unbelievable and you could chose a new one every night and not be disappointed. The prices ranged from 15 to 25 euros per head. Those looking for lively nights need to head into lindos as the whole resort is very quiet after midnight.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Todka
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is the first time that I have used trip advisor, as I have always left other holidays with a positive note!
First impressions of the Finas hotel when you arrive is that it is in very pretty grounds and did look like an appealing typical Greek sugar box hotel! Unfortunately, once inside the room we were greeted by a filthy bathroom (take bleach for the toilet), stained towels, which were only changed after 4 days and ants crawling all over the joke of the kitchen! The air conditioning is fantastic though, but did cost 50 euros for a week! We decided to try the pool the next day and realised that you have to get up a 6 o'clock to get a bed as everyone puts towels down the night before! The pool area is dirty and most of the beds are broken. The pool bar is a nice shady area to have a drink but just don't expect any of the staff to be friendly to you unless you spend every day there drinking beer and tipping them! On the plus side if you have a room at the top of the hill the views are fantastic and it is only a 5 min walk to the beautiful resort of Pefkos! Another point if you have already booked this hotel and are not happy, you can use the pool facilities of other hotels in the area if you ask and then buy a drink or two!! I would definitely visit Pefkos again but would not go back to the Finas!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Michellearc
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Yes the place is a bit dated but they are working on this , what do some people want for what they pay ! They make up for any small problems with lots of help and they can not do enough for you .
The resort is very nice and we saw a lot on the trip back that made us think we had picked well and will deffo go back !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple