“Cheap and has character”

Finas Hotel Apartments
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the foams for one week with our 1 year old. The setting and views are beautiful and the staff very helpful and friendly the pool area was not busy and could always get a sunbed, the walk to The main strip is a 10 min nice walk my parents stayed at the bottom of the strip at the colosium it was discusting to say the least!!!we had a lovely meal at the Nikolas restaurant out of the hotel and turn left. The kareoke night was fun, the food in the hotel was nice and value for money except the breakfast which was abit pricey for what you got. We we positioned just above the bar area and was a little noisy some nights but silent after 1.15. We paid for the air com and was definetly worth the money. Overall had a good week and if we were to go to Rhodes again would stay there. It's a three star Greek hotel and that's what it is

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Macie301011

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just arrived back from Pefkos a lovely resort, stayed at the Finas apartments WHICH IS A BIG NO NO . Our apartment was very poor no shower for the last 3 days never repaired, cleaning very very poor.as for the bar area very dirty, glases dirty too.
Its about time they up dated it all and gave everything a deep clean.
I'm surprizes that Olympic recommend this place on there web site.
The grounds and gardens were very well keep,shame about the apartments.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank SouthamptonMillwall
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I have returned from a one week stay from 4 - 11 September 2013, at the Finas Apartments in Pefkos Rhodes. We have stayed in this resort many times in different apartments. This was our first experience of Finas and unfortunately there was little to commend it. Although from the outside the apartments look very Greek and well maintained the apartment we were allocated was not clean and had a musty and dirty smell. We tracked this down to the wardrobe where we found dirty blankets and spare pillows which were quickly banished to the balcony where they remained for the duration of the holiday. We arrived on the Thursday and by the following Sunday as the apartment had not been serviced ( no change of towels or bed linen or rubbish including soiled toilet paper) I had to complain to the manager. We were grateful that he arranged for the room to be serviced on the Monday and surprisingly again on the Tuesday. We were leaving on the Wednesday! My sense was that if I had not complained (many do not) we would not have enjoyed any relief! In any event the cleaning undertaken was only superficial which ensures that decent apartments remain shoddy and unkept which is such a shame. The pool and bar area is quite packed, sunbeds very close together and so we spent our time at an adjacent Taverna and pool which was roomy and appealing with pleasant friendly staff. We went to the bar on a couple of occasions for a night cap but found it geared to an 18 - 30 clientele which was surprising as in September there were few of these about ! Lots of middle aged people trying to play the 18 - 30 games - lots of cheap/free shots, banging cymbals, dancing on the bar etc. which to my mind seemed slightly sad. If you choose to remain outside of this group service was very poor. I think that Olympic holidays need to take a good luck at how these apartments are maintained and managed as I really doubt that with the poor standards of cleanliness and questionable levels of management and service to continue to rate the apartments as 3 Star may breach the trades description Act. We will not return as there are plenty of much cleaner and pleasant 2 Star accommodations available within Pefkos and the surrounding area that treat their guests as guests and not as punters to be exploited if at all possible! This is the first time that Olympic has let us down and I am disappointed !

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Garyt00
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I booked this hotel for my son and his girlfriend so they could join us on holiday this year. Although I did not stay there myself, I of course went to see his apartment and felt I had to write this review (with my sons input too).
The price was very good so was not expecting anything special, just somewhere safe and clean for them to sleep and use as a base, WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE!
The room was not just a bit run down but absolutely FILTHY! Sheets were stained as was the bed and towels, the bathroom was full of mould with a broken toilet, the flooring was coming up in all the rooms, the bed was dirty and broken, the kettle was a death trap with wires exposed, the kitchen area was dirty and rusty, the curtains were mouldy....the list goes on!
We tried to complain and get the room changed but kept being told to speak to Rebecca who was never there, if she even existed at all!!
To top the holiday off, my son returned to his room on the last night and found black bits over the bed (these turned out to be droppings) to then come face to face with a large RAT in the kitchen area!
We have been going to pefkos for many years now and have NEVER seen such a bad hotel/apartment or heard of one this bad.
There are many nice, low cost places to stay in Pefkos, this is one to AVOID!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!! AVOID this one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank LondonLooby
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here for two weeks in August the rep was very unhelpful the apartment was dirty mould on bed and on the shower curtain cooker and utensils rusty basically the place needs some tlc be careful with sunbeds most of them are broke I would never stay there again rather sleep on the beach

• Stayed: August 2013
13  Thank Tania L
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our apartment was basic but very clean and everything worked . The beer was excellent from the bar. My only winge is that the pool was far too small for the amount of guests staying so it was impossible to get a sun lounger and hang around the pool. The food was very good and reasonably priced. If you stay here go to beach which is one of the best on rhodes and about a ten minute walk down the road .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on my own. As someone used to hostels it wasn't the worst I've stayed in, but given the cost veruses hostels it was terrible. The facilities weren't great. Staff just ok. Cleanliness was just simply not there! Constant problems while I was there (toilet not flushing etc) the pool area was over crowded, pool itself was fine. The room was very small, would not like to have been more than just me! Self catering facilities is pushing it, a fridge and a sink.
If you can afford it try and stay somewhere else. I had friends staying at multiple different hotels/resorts in pefkos and they were all much higher standards.

• Stayed: August 2013