“So relaxing !!”
Review of Island Blue Hotel

Island Blue Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the island blue for one week at the beginning of september. We had a ground floor room, it was huge, clean and very well presented, much more than we expected. We spent most of our days at the pool by the Elia restaurant, it only has around 25 sunbeds and was so quiet and relaxing and the larger pool next to the pool bar is great if you like it a bit more lively or have children. We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis, the buffet had a wive variety of food and we never had a bad meal, we also are at the restaurant in the evening and it was the best meal we had while we were there! Great room, service and staff , we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: September 2011
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review if your stay here with us here at the Island Blue Hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Firstly I must say I love Rhodes, and have had some of the best holidays in my life there. We were recommended the island Blue last year as its a new hotel and very modern.
We decided to get a taxi from the airport to our hotel as a treat to ourselves and a nice start to a holiday. On arrival we went into reception and my husband started to praise the taxi driver for being so informative and friendly....the response was "well he talks alot!!" from the surly British receptionist was not what we expected.... but hey... maybe she was having an off day??
Our room was spectacular..... very spacious and modern, lovely decor, ground floor and straight out to the pool PERFECT! :)
The hotel in itself is lovely and the grounds and particular the pool are kept immaculate.... ( sort of)
We were on a bed and breakfast basis and we actually found breakfast to be the worst we have ever experienced... not once were we greeted with a"good morning" from the staff it was the same repetitive thing EVERY day... and unfortunately quite cold. As it was a buffet style you could obviously have a few different things, but the waitresses ( who were standing around) did not think to remove dirty plates..... it just seemed poor service for such a lovely looking place. it also put us off eating in the restaurant in the evening.
I may be ultra fussy but sticky finger prints on all of the doors windows for the whole duration of our stay in the restaurant was just another small niggle to add with the rest.
Our maid was lovely, very very friendly and probably the happiest member of staff..... however her cleaning skills I have to say were poor. I could literally write in the dust left on our mirrors, and to find tooth paste and water marks all over the sinks taps etc after she had been ,it was clear she was doing the bare minimum. I could go on, and ON but she was a nice lady and dont want to get her into any trouble :/
I agree with previous comments that this hotel is SERIOUSLY lacking in atmosphere.... there is literally nothing going on EVER... we stayed in one evening for the live music, which was so depressing and weak, that we had to go into the town again. We were also told that entertainment was in the 2 sister hotels... we did look for it on a couple of occasions, but it was never found. We werr certainly never informed about it!
I assume there was an animation team as most mornings a girl with an orange top would slouch through the restaurant whilst we were having breakfast and mumbled good morning?? Apparently aerobics was supposed to be in the Island Blue Pool every day at 5 pm......again we didn't see it, despite our room having direct view to the pool.

We made a conscious effort to be friendly to the staff and by the end of our stay we did get a hello or good evening, which was nice and made us feel slightly more welcome. Stergos at the pool bar was fab, and so hard working, a really really nice guy, also the barman in the evenings at the Elia restaurant was friendly and made an effort ( he also makes fab Margeritas)
Pefkos itself is very nice, lots of bars and restaurants. The BEST restaurant by far is Lee Beach Bar for the day and Kyma Restaurant ( which is attached) for the evenings. You simply wont find better.... from staff, cleanliness, food quality, atmosphere... Costa and his team have it right 100% LOVED IT! and it will be my main reason for returning to Pefkos!!
The beach is rocky in parts but some places are just sand , its a lovely beach, and always clean. Although try Agathi for all sand and also Glystra ( You need a car)
Palm Cocktail bar is a very good bar, really good fun, and nice drinks and atmosphere... lovely staff, that ask if you are enojoying your holiday and are happy to help. ( NO ONE in our hotel asked us if everything was ok and if we were enjoying our stay.... they didn't care) The restaurant above Palm Cocktail is also very good, and highly recommended with stunning views.
We had a car for 11 days and got out and about to see the beautiful island.... how anyone coped with sitting around the hotel day and night I just dont know. Its a real shame to say anything negative about this holiday as it was fab and I will always go back to Rhodes... but unfortunately the hotel let itself down, with really silly small things when its does have the makings of being perfect.
We didn't really see much of reception as Island Blue is shared with Pefki Islands, but we did pop in to just find out when our coach would leave for the airport. I approached the British receptionist once again, and asked politely. where I would find the information needed.. all I got back was "Its in the book!!!!" Her manner was rude abrupt and totally unnecessary. I have always found reception staff to be warm and welcoming what ever their nationality.... trust an English woman to be the worst ever!!
All in all a lovely destination, Lindos is great as is Rhodes Old Town lots of lovely beaches, and restaurants etc.... just need to get the hotel right next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room with accesses to the pool... all are large spacious and modern.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tequila_baby

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us at Island Blue hotel. I appreciate all of your comments both good and bad as this enables us to constantly review our facitlities and services to our guests and maintain our high standards.
I am dissapointed that you felt let down with some areas of your stay and the ponts you mentioned will be looked into. As you will probably see from previous guests reviews such incidents are a rare occurance and so I thank you for bringin this to my attention.
There is indeed nightly entertainent in the 2 sister hotels which is advertised at the reception desk daily (except weds) which includes 2 kareoke evenings, fire eating show, quiz and our Greek night at the Elia Restaurant.
I am happy that you enjoyed your holiday though and do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

My wife and I spent a fortnight at Island Blue with our five year old daughter.
We had two bedroom ground floor apartment which was spacious, spotless and 2 seconds from the pool. The breakfast in the Elia restaurant was more than adequate but do try the restaurant in the evening as the food was as good as anything in Pefkos. There was a mix of people at the hotel, young, old, with and without kids and everybody was catered for. We hired a car from reception for two days, good service and it allowed us to see Rhodes old town which is a must as is Lindos.
Do not hesitate in booking, as it is a very good hotel for everybody.

2  Thank CCandH
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us here at island Blue hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday and very much look forward to bveing able to welcome you back once more to Pefkos for another great holiday.
Antonis Stavroulis - General manager

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed from 24th August until 7th September at Island Blue. This is our 3rd visit to Pefkos as we love it that much. There were 34 in our wedding party and not one complaint.

Most of the comments have been said already.

Basically, the hotel is top quality and I can't fault it at all with the 1 exception of the wifi which requires pre paid cards to be puchased from reception and can work out expensive. I bought one but then just used the free wifi available at most of the resteraunts and bars in the town.

The pools, rooms, facilities and resteraunt are all top quality and kept very clean at all times.

We got married at the chapel onsite at the hotel and then had our reception at the Elia resteraunt. We cannot fault anything on the day as it all went smooth as clockwork, and my wife and I were treated like VIP's during our whole stay!

Top hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone. We will definately be staying again!

3  Thank tom197

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us here at Island Blue hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and more importantly your wedding with us here at our chapel and the Elia Restaurant. It was a beautiful day and hope that you and your guests all enjoyed yourselves.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to create more memories.
Kind regards and best wishes for your future happiness

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Recently got back from two weeks at Island Blue. We got married at St Paul's whilst on holiday. The hotel could not do enough for us to make our holiday/honeymoon as special as possible. A special thank you to Katrina and Louise. The accommodation is very clean. I didn't see a single fly there all holiday. Food at Elia Restaurant is excellent. The salads at lunch time where nice especially the Chefs salad! It's also well worth going at night. The pool areas are really nice and we always got a sun bed.

We had our wedding reception at Med East in Lindos. It is on the hill on the way down into the village. The food, view, staff & atmosphere is fantastic at the restaurant and would recommend to go there.

Our wedding planner Anna Nixon again was fantastic and can't thank her enough for all her hard work.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guywalker
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Just returned from this hotel after a lovely week. We travelled with Jet2 Holidays and had a stress free experience all the way with them. We had a ground floor room.....literally 3 steps and you were in the pool which was great. Yes, people did get up early to reserve sunloungers and not come down until after lunch but you could generally get a lounger at any time of the day. We didn't go to the other pools around the complex but they looked ok. We stayed b&b and the breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of hot and cold items to choose from, we also ate in the Elia restaurant on our first night, the food was lovely and beautifully cooked, my only criticism was there wasn't much atmosphere in the restaurant when we went. They also have a greek night once a week but the date had been changed when we were there due to a wedding so missed that one. The hotel is pristine in all areas and there is always someone cleaning. If there was one thing to mention, once the pool bar closed at night, it was ever so quiet with not a lot of atmosphere, I think there may have been entertainment at one of the other hotels but we didn't find it, though to be fair we didn't actively look. The beach down the steps at Lindia Thallassia is very thin but well worth an afternoon down there, the water is clear, shallow and warm! Trip wise, we went on the glass bottom boat to Lindos, Captain Jeannot has his patter well honed, but its a lovely trip out with a swim stop on the way back, the Acropolis at Lindos is a must, just try and go out of the heat of the day, Lindos itself is well worth an explore as well. We also went to the water park at Faliraki which is excellent if you have children and a night time trip to Rhodes Town. All in all an excellent holiday, hotel was lovely, Pefkos had some fab restaurants for eating out on a night and is totally geared towards families. Would I come back? Most definitely but would hire a car next time to see more of the island as we saw just a tiny section of it.

Room Tip: ground floor straight onto pool
2  Thank KathLee222
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of the Island Blue Hotel and of your stay here in Pefkos. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Island Blue hotel. We got married in Lindos during our 2 week stay and had an amazing time with 26 family and friends!!
The hotel, rooms, service and food were absolutely brilliant in the hotel. There is nothing at all to complain about!!

I noticed that someone complained about bad service when in a small group as the weddings were taking over and getting better service - absolute rubbish!! We were part of a wedding group but most of us ate seperately and went to the greek nights as tables of 2 or 4 and we had no problem at all with service.

Some people have also complained in other reviews about the sun loungers being reserved, however this is something that goes on everywhere and has done in all the holidays i have ever been on in 27 years!!! but people have to moan about something i suppose :)

We had champagne, fruit basket and goodies delivered on our wedding day and breakfast in bed with champagne the morning after the wedding!! And then the day after when we returned to our room the maid had covered our beds with flowers and petals. Just lovely personal touches.

The hotel is very close to the beach, yes there are some steps to it, but if thats a problem there is always a ramp to go down to the beach.

Overall an amazing holiday/honeymoon. I hope Island Blue keeps up to the same standards as we have already booked to go back for our first anniversary next year!!!
If you want a little bit of luxury with not a huge price tag like some of the luxury hotels Island Blue is definately the place to go!!

Room Tip: All rooms have pool views
1  Thank Laurancarl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pefkos
Pefki Islands Resort
#15 of 34 in Pefkos
Atrium Platinum Hotel
Atrium Platinum Hotel
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Island Blue Hotel? Share your experiences!