Island Blue Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Evi Studios(Pefkos)
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf buggygreek nightpool barblue poollovely hotelwedding partiesbed and breakfast basisbuffet styleelia barpefki islandsstayed on a b b basisnext yearair conwalk in showeriron and ironing boardcooked breakfastadult only pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our first impressions of the Island Blue were excellent - we were taken to our apartment in a golf buggy (a first for me!) and it was great not to have to lug our baggage across the complex!
Our room was on the ground floor - so sadly no balcony - but the quality of the room more than made up for the lack of height! Spacious and modern, clean and stylish - it felt more like a hotel room you might be lucky enough to stay in on a European city break rather than on a little Greek island. The bathroom was high spec (wet room shower, great water pressure and good hairdryer), the beds were comfy and air con was excellent. We had a lovely terrace area too; had a little trouble with the handle of the patio doors but the maids obviously noticed it too and (although we hadn't reported it ourselves) they got the maintenance guy in to fix it!
The hotel has a number of lovely pools but our favourite by far was connected to the Elia restaurant. The setting was beautiful, with comfortable sun loungers (important if you're planning a day reading and relaxing in the sunshine...!) which matched the restaurant furniture - a small detail perhaps but aesthetically very pleasing! Although we did spend a couple of hours by one of the other pools, the loungers were no where near as comfy (!) so our first choice was always the Elia.
Bizarrely the guests at this hotel seemed desperate to reserve their sunbeds at the crack of dawn; this must be an ongoing problem as there are signs up around the complex stating that towels laid out before 8.30am will be removed by staff!! Quite amusing really but no need to worry - there was always space at one of the pools and the Elia seemed to get much quieter in the afternoons too.
We stayed at the Island Blue on a bed and breakfast basis and found the food to a good standard, although the choice was a little limited. With only two types of cereals, two fresh fruit options and two juice options (the third juice in the machine didn't work on most days) we'd have loved a little more variety. However, the pastries and greek sweet treats were lovely and the hot food was definitely up to scratch. To be honest I think we were so spoilt with the quality of our hotel breakies in Cyprus last year nothing will compare to that!
As well as being a great quality hotel, the Island Blue is close to the beach (10 min walk) and the centre (10 mins again) where you'll find lots of lovely restaurants - most of which have roof terraces or gardens which are beautiful. Prices are really reasonably too.
All in all we would highly recommend both the Island Blue hotel and the resort of Pefkos - we'll definitely be going back there in the future.

1  Thank Ljbarual
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review of your recent stay with us here at the Island Blue Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had a great holiday here with us.

Thank you for all your comments which are very much appreciated and do help us to review the faclilties and services we offer our guests here in resort.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

After spending the last 10+ years going to Pefkos the Island Blue has to be the most fantastic hotel in the area. The room was large enough for 4 but was a room for 2-3 people. There was a complimentary bottle of house wine and a fresh fruit basket but what was most appreciated was the bottle of water in the fridge, i have stayed in most of the hotels in the area and none ever provided water for guests arriving on night flights so thats a huge thank you from us for getting it right. Breakfast was fabulous and must thank Rebecca for her dedication to her guests and hope that they never lose her to another hotel as she is excellent at her job and goes that extra mile. All the staff were fantastic especially Louise who was able to get an answer to my daughters question about her bouquet for her wedding next year in 5 minutes in her own time as she was not on shift you just don't get that dedication to your job unless you love what you are doing which clearly she does.

I found nothing that i can fault and if you read any of my other reviews I have always find something that was not for me but the Island Blue is perfect, the pools were clean and always enough sun loungers and we ate lunch most days at the hotel something i never normally do but it was lovely, we ate at the restaurant and again could not fault the food or service. Clean towels every day and the maids work tirelessly.

There were a few gripes that other people had and would like to set the record straight the Thomson brochure DOES state local charge for safety deposit box and this is the same with Wifi and if you don't want to pay for it then use free wifi in the bars theres plenty around but then base what you are spending on drinks at the bars versus pay as little as 5 euros for a card . Did I purchase a wifi card yes more than one but that was MY choice and I could have done without wifi but chose not too and the Island Blue is the only hotel that includes FREE air conditioning and too me that is more of a perk than free wifi, stay proud Island Blue you got it right.

We arrived home at 0530 on the 22/06/13 and were booked back up for the Island Blue by 1300 the same day for our daughters wedding June next year all arranged by the hotel, think that says it all !!!.

I only has one issue and it was with Thomson not the hotel but the receptionist tried her damndest to sort it out for us and would never allow this to influence me returning in 2014 and 2015 I will book my taxi transfers through the hotel not Thomson and that would be my top tip as you are not guaranteed your taxi at the time Thomson state as they can change your departure taxi time without the need for telling you and this happened to us and another couple where we were not told taxi transfers were going to be upto an hour late and the rep never bothered to tell the hotel either so reception was in the dark too but the hotel reception staff were fantastic and professional calling both the rep and Thomson 24 hours, its unfair that the hotel had to resolve the issue while Thomson sat back and took no responsibility.

Room Tip: Block J overlooks the little church
3  Thank Giuliana42
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write yur great review of your recent stay with us here again at the Island Blue Hotel. I am very happy that you oce again had a great holiday here in Pefkos.

All your comments are very much appreciated and its always great to hear that our valued customers are happy with our services and facilities. Your comments will of course be passed onto the staff and its great to hear that they are doing their job well and show the guests they enjoy it too which as you say is very important.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel next summer with your family for your daughters wedding which Im sure will be a very special and memorable holiday.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

When we arrived we were very pleased with the size of our room , 2 Bedroom /Bathroom for just the 2 of us which meant that we both had a bathroom, the only issue I had was the 3 out of the 4 bottle of complimentary toiletries in my bathroom had been previously used and were half empty, I threw them into the bin hoping they would be replenished but this did not happen, good job I had bought my own with me.
Im the Brochure It states the Room Facility-Safety Deposit Box and Wi-Fi with the Safe Box-there is a shockingly High charge -for the week it cost us 25 Euros, plus a charge for the Wi-fi I feel these charges should be shown on the brochure. The Hotel was clean and the staff friendly but I do feel it was overpriced.

Room Tip: Top Floor, near the rear Swimming Pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen c

Dear Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write yur great review of your recent stay with us here at the Island Blue Hotel. I am very happy that you had a great holiday here in Pefkos.

All your comments are very much appreciated and its always great to hear that our valued customers are happy with our services and facilities and also hear where we can make improvements.
The hotel & Thomson website/brochures do state that it is a facility in the hotel and payable locally for safe and wifi. The cost of the safe is on average across the area. The WIfi is by pay card as the area is too large to have free wifi system installed. The wifi costs from 5 euros which is not a lot to pay. You have to remmeber that the free wifi in bars is not actually free as you have to purchase drinks to obtain the code.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future,.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was our first time to Pefkos and staying at the Island Blue hotel made it the best experience!

Everything about the hotel is attractive - the exterior buildings, the pool areas, the restaurant and the room interiors. Everywhere is very clean; the cleaners work extremely hard and are very friendly, despite the long hours they work. Breakfast includes a good selection of pastries, fruit, yoghurt, toast, cereal and beans, eggs etc. We only used the main Island Blue pool area and never had to reserve sunbeds, we were always able to get a couple no matter what time we went; this had a pretty 'chilled out' feeling so probably isn't the best suited pool area for children, I would assume the sister hotels have more child friendly set-ups. Access to the beach is quite unsafe (in my opinion) as it is down some very steep steps either via the Philosophia restaurant or (even more risky) via the Lindia Thalasso hotel, where the steps essentially lead you directly into the sea rather than on to sand, and is also quite rocky. The sea is crystal clear though so worth a look.

The Greek Night in the Elia restaurant is a fun night and good value for money - but be prepared to get involved in the dancing as they are quite insistent!

Pefkos itself is a lovely resort, very relaxed and very pretty. One thing I would say though (and is probably my only criticism regarding the Island Blue hotel) is that the resort is very hilly, so be prepared for some hard walking! But its worth it :)

If I was ever to return to Pefkos I would definitely come back to the Island Blue hotel!

1  Thank HollieM1990

Dear Guests

The 2 sister hotels are very family oreintated as you say especially the Lindia Thalassa as tey have the kids club based there.

The steps from the Lindia Thalassa usually lead down to a stretch of beach in front of the hotel but sadly this summer the tide has been late to go out meaning the water stayed up to the steps. The nearest alternative was to use the Philosphia restaurant steps however we did have signs on our reception advising this was at guests own risk.

Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in more expensive hotels than this in Lindos/Pefkos and had far worse. Based upon price this hotel is a gem and I would not hesitate to recommend it. One note of caution is location which is at the top if a hill so either an appetite for walking or a short taxi ride is required to get anywhere. Still a great little hotel though!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ChrisB1406

Dear Guests

Thank you for your comments which are much appreciated although Im not entirely sure if you have reviewed the correct hotel as we are not based at the top of a hill?

We look forward to being able to welcome you to the hotel in the near future,.