This was our third stay at the Island Blue and we have already booked up again for next year, so I think we can be counted as very satisfied customers!
Last year there were problems with accommodating everyone at breakfast; this year that had been solved and there were plenty of tables available at all arrival times. The breakfast food quality, choice and service are up there with the best.
The room was spacious and well-equipped, huge shower, superb maid service and free air conditioning. The hotel has 3 great swimming pools with ample sunbeds and a popular pool bar.
With one exception (although very efficient in other regards), the staff recognise and greet returning guests enthusiastically and genuinely. Even the manager says Hello, how often does that happen in a hotel? Particular praise goes as ever to the wonderful Katerina in charge of reservations, the lovely Maria in the restaurant, George the maintenance man (and outstanding bazouki player on the Greek Night) and of course Kostas! (pool bar manager at the Pefki Islands and brilliant Greek dancer at the Island Blue on the Greek Night).
Just a couple of comments as to how things could be made even better:
1. I agree with the previous reviewer about the hotel's facilities being used by the sister hotels' guests. It does detract from your holiday experience when you see people using 'your' facilities that they have paid much less for.
2. There is free WiFi in the restaurant which is great - but if this was extended to the whole hotel it would make for a real 4 Star holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our World...Spread over a 12000m2 area, this newly built (2009) complex has 34 self catering apartments & 52 guestrooms. Modern in design , the complex is adjacent to Pefki Islands Resort.Two expansive pools with separate children’s swimming pools & free sun beds are available, along with pool bar, billiards, game room, playground, snack bar, restaurant & a nearby super market.A brand new restaurant and Lounge Bar named ELIA is now open on our new complex ISLAND BLUE HOTEL. It is open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.You can make reservations or arrangements for all your special occasions at reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Blue Hotel Pefkos, Rhodes