Island Blue Hotel
Summer Memories Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$73
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$79
  • Pool
Eagle's Nest Hotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$698
Pefkos Beach Hotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$59
Coralli Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Pool
Pefkos Village Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
Hotels.com
Pefkos Blue(Pefkos)
Stella Hotel(Pefkos)
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf buggygreek nightpool barblue poollovely hotelwedding partiesbed and breakfast basisbuffet styleelia barpefki islandsstayed on a b b basisnext yearair conwalk in showeriron and ironing boardcooked breakfastadult only pool
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Island Blue hotel is the latest addition to a small group of hotels which are all situated close together in the same area of Pefkos.

All facilities were really good. From the pools (we used 2 - the main one for Island Blue and also the one near the restaurant.

Our room was very well equipped. Lovely big bed, good bathroom, TV with English channels (BBC1, ITV, Channel 4 etc). Reception desk were always very helpful and upon check-in we were taken to our room on a golf buggy.

Breakfast each morning had a nice selection of hot and cold items - really enjoyed it. Only thing missing for me was pancakes, but I am sure had I asked they would have made some!

We ate in the hotel once. Food was of good quality, very hot temperature wise, service good - until near the end where we were not offered puddings or hot drinks and kind of forgotten about (we were full and enjoying our drinks anyway though and the bill came quickly when asked).

Bar service was outstanding. Very quick, friendly and efficient. I asked for a drink not on the menu, they couldn't make it due to not having all ingredients, but the barman asked my preferences and he made me a personal cocktail - fantastic service.

There was never a need to reserve sunbeds either - any time of day you could get one in any area you wanted. Very little reserving was taking place.

Highly recommend. We would stay again.

Room Tip: I would suggest you try to get a first or second floor room with pool or sea view. We had ground floor, which was fine, but you don't get the same views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gareth_thomas80
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay here with us at the Island Blue Hotel. Im very happy to hear that you had a great holiday here with us in Pefkos.

Thank you for all your comments which are very much appreciated. and will of course be passed onto the staff. Thank you for bringint to my attention about the service at the end of your meal at the Elia, which always helps us to review the service we offer our guests. Im glad you had great service and enjoyed our new range fo cocktails.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Island Blue for my sisters 30th. We couldnt have been more impressed with the hotel from the location, the rooms, the food, the staff, then pools, the beach. It was a great hotel, fab location. Very clean. Staff couldnt have been more helpful. The reservations manager Katerina was very helpful. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Becky B

Dear Guests

Thank you for all your comments which are very much appreciated. I hope your siser enjoyed spending her 30th birthday here in Pefkos with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

You really can't fault this hotel. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and the staff are friendly. Our room was on the ground floor directly opposite one of the pools and it was massive! I'm not sure what size the bed was but it was three pillows wide and was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. There was plenty hanging space for clothes (could have done with a few more coat-hangers though) and loads of drawers too. The safe in the room was reasonably priced and the fridge was a very welcome free addition. The air con was really effective and cooled the whole room (quietly) rather than just in odd areas as sometimes happens. The bathroom had a massive walk-in shower enclosure with a really powerful power shower but beware - the water here is scalding hot! There are notices warning you about this though. The usual Greek plumbing problems mean that you have to use a bin for toilet tissue. A larger sign regarding this would have been helpful as for the first day we were happily flushing and only saw the small notice by chance when swatting a mozzi! Talking of which, they are out in force this year. Plug-in mozzi killers and body sprays didn't seem to have any effect on the little blighters. Flip-flops did though! The TV had the main British channels which was unusual.

The supermarket on site is brilliant. I don't think there was anything they didn't stock that you may need on holiday and it's reasonably priced too. Can highly recommend the doughnuts! The library in reception is only a couple of small shelves with a poor selection of books so don't rely on it for your holiday reads.

I didn't do my research properly before we booked this holiday and presumed that with just 52 rooms and 34 apartments this was a smallish hotel. It is actually part of a much larger complex - almost a small village - and I know I wasn't the only one to be caught out by this having chatted with our neighbours who had made the same mistake. The focus is definitely on weddings and the settings for this are beautiful. Some of the paths around the complex and resort are fairly steep so if you don't have good mobility please be aware. The beach was about 5/10 minute stroll away through the complex but was very narrow (emphasis on the narrow!) and it seemed to shelve quickly in to deep water. I only paddled at the edge so not sure about how deep it gets how quickly. There are a lot of rocks on the beach as it widens out and also broken wire fences and metal tubes sticking out of the sand so watch out if you have small children. If you walked further up the beach the other way there were sunbeds and parasols but the sea swirls around them as the beach is so narrow! No leaving your bags or clothes on the sand unless you don't mind everything being soggy! Further along the bay are more sunbeds and parasols but again the beach isn't massive and was always very busy.

We had excellent meals in the hotel's Elia Restaurant. Artemis and Philosophia (fantastic location overlooking the bay) were also very good. We tried some others but once was enough! The Elia bar was really nice too. Breakfast in the hotel was lovely with a good selection of hot and cold food.

So, would we go again? No. If we could pick this hotel up and put it somewhere else then yes we would but we didn't like Pefkos at all and as we were both taken ill during our stay it put a dampener on our holiday. The 80 euros we spent on a trip was lost because of me being ill. We were offered an alternative date which we then couldn't make because my husband became ill. We weren't offered a refund. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday seemed to be the main days for new residents to come in and most of the flights seemed to arrive during the night. Little buggies take you and your luggage to your rooms but this is noisy for other residents especially when they drove over the metal grille outside the room which clanged loudly. We had very little sleep on those nights and on our last night we were kept awake for hours by the people who moved in to the next room who, having arrived at 3am, decided to unpack and slam the wardrobe doors and drawers for ages whilst conducting a conversation at the top of their voices. Inconsiderate doesn't begin to cover it!

There are loads of bars, cafes and restaurants along the main road in Pefkos and down the side streets but there is very little "Greekness" about the resort. Maybe it was because of the world cup. Everywhere you went it was wall to wall football. Add to that the flights both ways, apart from both being delayed, were like creches! Don't get me wrong, I am not a child-hater (I even have one of my own!) but they (and I mean loads of them) screeched constantly through both flights which wasn't a pleasant experience for other travellers. One member of the cabin crew even said to us that she would never do the Rhodes flight again because of the noise the kids made! The airport at Rhodes is a nightmare for both arrivals and departures. Chaos doesn't begin to cover it! We were left to queue outside in the sun when we arrived as about four flights arrived together. We then had to wait ages for our luggage as it appeared that a flight from Moscow that came in after ours was given priority. Departure saw queues to check in (online booking-in means nothing to them apparently as they still do it manually), then a queue to put your luggage through then a queue for security. The toilets in the departure lounge area were disgusting. Sorry Rhodes, we won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie186317

Dear Guests

Thank you for all your comments which are very much appreciated. and will of course be passed onto the staff. If you have 5 minutes to write a quick review on your Elia Restaurant trip advisor page that would be much appreciated.
Sorry to hear that Pefkos wasnt the place for you in the end.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future if you return to Rhodes.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just got back from a fantastic stay at the Island Blue. We were part of a party of 46 on the Island for my daughter's wedding. We were staying between the Island Blue, Pefki Island and The Thalassa, and I think they were all great places to suit whatever you would want from your stay. The wedding was at St. Paul's Bay and my daughter's day was very well taken care of by the Thomson rep and the hotel guest relations manager. The reception, food and Greek Dancers at the Island Blue made a great end to a great day. I must also mention Maria, a Greek nail technician who put a smile back on my daughter's face at the 11th hour. I cannot thank the hotel and staff enough as they made my daughter happy, which made me happy.

Room Tip: All of the rooms at the Island Blue have a pool view, so every room is fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay here with us at the Island Blue Hotel. Im very happy to hear that you had a great holiday here with us in Pefkos especially as you were here for such a happy occasion for your daughters wedding.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our second time at the Island Blue for our daughters wedding, everything was beyond perfect, room was amazing we had two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and it was just my husband and I, because it was a ground floor apartment we were right in front of the pool so not far to go for a swim, plenty sun beds too and always some available. Breakfast was very good had cooked breakfast nearly every morning, good selection of fruit, yoghurt and breads. The hotel also went above and beyond when it came to my elderly mother who is disabled by providing a golf buggy to get her to Elia Restaurant for breakfast which they did not need to do and we want to say a huge thank you to the lovely buggy driver who my mum wanted to bring home!! The hotel also made my daughters dreams come true with the perfect wedding, the wedding planner in the hotel is one in a million, every single thing my daughter asked for she managed to do, she also managed to get her a videographer with only 48 hours notice. Can highly recommend this hotel to everyone and have booked again the minute we got home for June 2015 hopefully the same room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay here with us at the Island Blue Hotel. Im very happy to hear that you had a great holiday again here with us in Pefkos especially as this time it was for your daughters wedding.

Thank you for all your comments which are very much appreciated. and will of course be passed onto the staff. The wedding day was lovley and great to see you all enjoying yourselves.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future for another great stay with the family,