“Stella view is a lovely place!!!!!!”

Stella View Studios
Ranked #3 of 7 Pefkos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Some people who review hotels saying the self catering facilities are basic or rubbish etc need a reality check!!! why anybody would want to cook a 3 course meal in 90 degree heat and sit in their apartment is beyond me!! there must be at least 20+ restaraunts to choose from with the best greek food I've ever tasted. I've been to 5 star+ hotels in the dominican that didnt serve food as good as I had in pefkos. If you want england but with sun go to spain eg benidorm like the rest of the uncultured scrotes!!!

Anyway rant over. I've visited Pefkos twice now with my better half, first time was at the finas hotel which was very nice but stella view blows the finas out the water. The rooms are basic yes but we are talking greece here and lets face it all you need is a place to crash, shower, sleep and get changed for a night on the town??

Rooms are clean and yes sometimes you might get a bug or 2 but have you never had ants in england???? I think so!! we never had any problems with ants, the room next door did but they sorted it straight away with repelant and even give us some just incase they came under the door.

maid service came every day with linen changes every other day. we had a stunning view from our balcony, which was lovely to sit on at dusk and watch the sun go down over the town and beach.

Pool is extremely clean and beautiful, I sat in the little part most days reading a book. Pool bar is great for snacks and not over priced. The staff are friendly and make you feel right at home. My parents and brother were staying elsewhere in pefkos but when the visited us they decided we had the nicest pool so walked to ours everyday, of which the owner of the apartments was very greatful for the extra business and thanked me on several occasions with a free beer.

I would recomend to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

place to visit.......The Rock Garden Cocktail Bar, great music, great owner (yanis) and great times!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dexter1982

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We ended up in the Stella view thinking that I had booked the Stella hotel because travel republic had given all wrong info .stella view is very basic how they can say these are s/c is beyond me there is nowhere to prepare any food not even toast ants are everywhere the room we were given everyone by the pool could see into the room .there are lots of people on here who think they are staying at the Stella hotel which is right opposite the taxi rank which is of a higher standard .so if you stayed right at the top of the hill you were in the Stella view and you would have more comfort if you stayed in a tent very very basic and would not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Edna G
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed at these apartments for 1 week on my own. The apartments are basic, they could have done with a table and a couple of chairs just for sitting on if you wanted to eat. On arriving in the room it was a little dusty and not as clean as I would have hoped. The table on the balcony was absolutely filthy and it stayed like that the whole week I was there. There is a major problem with ants, I would suggest taking a can of Raid with you. This is my 6th visit to Pefkos but my first to these apartments and we have never been bothered with ants on any other visits.

The floor was never swept, the toilet was never cleaned the only thing that was done was removal of the rubbish daily, the linen was changed once a week. The beds are so hard I hardly got any sleep at all and my back was sore.

The pool area is ok again plagued with ants who bite by the way. No issue with sunbeds. The only thing is that the woman in the bar was welcoming when she thought you would spend your money not so friendly when she realised that it wasn't going to happen. I only had toast a couple of times for breakfast for the simple reason that I didn't think the area was that well kept or looked that clean, people will probably disagree with my comments but its not the standard I have come to expect from this resort.

These studios are at halfway up Bakery Road not to be confused with the Stella Hotel which is at the bottom opposite the taxi rank. The walk up the hill never bothers me but I can see how it would be an issues if you have small children/buggy or mobility problems. Great view tho.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again there are far nicer and cheaper places to stay in Pefkos, shop around, oh yeah forgot to say these apartments seem to be quite popular with German tourist.

As I said each to there own but I wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MACDONALDS07
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Basic but ok, one lady surrely cant manage 24 studios, but who needs every days sweeping of floor.....she done her best
Problem of Stella view: ants.....but they are the "tax" for nice garden.....
Noise-very unpleasant-big slope and old vehicles......noting good for those who needs calm nights...
and young british couples.... they are not able to understand, that there are people who are not interested in their loud music, night talking and night vomiting on the terraces.
owner of Stella can be very nice when she invites you on expensive drinks on their bar, but if you dont buy......heartiness vanishes.....
all in all-if you are on the budget and dont mind of the problem mentioned above-it is ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jack L
Reviewed 15 August 2012

i stayed at Stella view fom 18th july 1st aug and would recommend it to all. Rooms clean and basic, as somebody else has posted they would benefit from having a chair or two in the room but was easy enough to bring one in off the balcony, Towels changed frequently bed was only changed twice during the fortnight but would you hange your bedding more frequently at home? Food was lovely at the snack bar,.. didnt find it over priced at all, and always got free watermelon or cake after eaten .Drinks at the bar.. beer and alcohol about the same as in bars. cans of pop slightly more expensive than the supermarket but this tends to always be the case. Always took own water to the pool and was never told that couldnt drink it. Popi who works at the pol bar is lovely, she cant do enough to help you and she works very long hours. Her husband very obliging too(well i presumedit was a husband hope i havent married her off)
Always plenty of sunbeds to choose from and pool nice and clean.The view over Pefkos fatastic and its def worth the climb up the hill. This was my fifth stay in Pefkos and i would definatly retun to stella view .. OH i thought of a negative .. water very slow out of kitchen tap. not that i did much washing up lol

Room Tip: all rooms sea facing
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nicknack67
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned from the Stella View Studios. The accommodation is basic but pretty good as a base. You wouldn't want to try and cook too much on the two rings but are adequate for breakfast needs. The rooms are clean and tidy but could have done with a chair or two. The shower was lovely and powerful but could have done with a hook to hold it up - try washing your hair with one hand and holding the shower with the other! The pool was lovely and clean as were the surroundings and everyday there were plenty of sunbeds. The bar was a tad expensive and we were told not to bring our own water to the pool. There are signs which say no food to be brought from the apartments to the pool area, but felt it was rather severe to stop you drinking your water when the temps are in the high 30s and especially as we had just purchased ice creams from the bar and had previously bought drinks from them.
Views over Pefkos are stunning but the hill is a bit of a killer at the end of the evening. Great restaurants in Pefkos and we really liked Roumeli's set price menu. Lots of choice and portions large.
Overall a lovely break and would go back to Pefkos again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Nice quaint apartments, lovely pool and there were always sunbeds available. lots of ants about, but they were harmless. Yes there is a steep 200m hill to climb from town, but it's not that bad. My only real negative was that the bedding was changed once in the 7 nights we were there and also the apartment was cleaned only once too. Food was decent and the lady who served there was very nice, they took a few liberties with the prices of stuff they sell compared to supermarkets, pretty much 2.5 times over supermarket prices for water etc. Pefkos is small, but has a lovely atmosphere. There is a place called jasmines at the bottom of the hill which serves lovely gyros and has a play area for children.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family