We needed a break and I spotted a fabulous deal on a weeks bed and breakfast in Pefkos with Thomson flying from Glasgow. This took us to Pefki Islands, a venue we were familiar with having stayed several years previously at the sister hotel, namely Lindia Thalassa which is literally across the road.
The rooms were very clean and had an excellent fridge for keeping a stock of cold Mythos or some champagne for the pre breakfast Bucks Fizz. The beds were firm but still comfy. The shower is excellent but a little cramped. Our towels were changed every day bar Sunday, and were soft and fluffy.
I am delighted to say Pefki Islands had upped their game quite a bit since our last visit to Pefkos by building the Elia restaurant at the rear of the premises we knew. Elia is simply stunning, and the staff working there are an absolute credit to the place. We were made to feel so welcome, and all of the staff very quickly were treating us as if we were old friends.
The food is excellent, and easily comparable with any of the good restaurants in town. Prices were on a par with the town, possibly slightly more expensive for some dishes, but the quality was excellent. Breakfast is taken there if you are on B & B or half board, and is a buffet with an excellent choice.
Our only slight moan was the volume of the music by the two main pools. We prefer it a little quieter, but again, Elia comes to the rescue having a superb pool surrounded by cushioned sun beds, and the music volume is lower. I was aware of some older guests complaining about the noise from the pool bar near reception at night. My wife is a very light sleeper but coped admirably, and it was generally people laughing and having fun rather than screaming and fighting, so we were not concerned and our room was on ground level almost opposite the bar.
Nothing to do with the hotel, but as a bit of advice to readers is the excursion costs. We felt Thomson's excursions were very expensive even by their normal standards. As a result we booked two trips via a travel agent on the main strip. The cost was literally half of that asked for by Thomson. The coach picked us up a few hundred yards up the hill from the hotel and was bang on time each time. The guides were great, and the coaches immaculate. I regret I lost the card with the agents name but it was on the main street.
No hesitation in recommending this accommodation to any reader who needs to relax and chill out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our world...An unusually built hotel in 12000 m2, the Pefki Islands Resort looks like a miniature village. It is 104 studios and apartments are separated into little blocks doted around the central reception building. These apartments are all named after Greek islands. The resort also includes luscious gardens. Two expansive pools with swim-up bars, separate children swimming pools, billiards and game room and children’s playground. Appeals to those looking for a quiet retreat in a peaceful, friendly resort. Particular for couple and families with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pefki Islands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pefki Islands Hotel Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Resort Pefkos, Rhodes