We stayed at Pefki Island in June/July 2014; this is our 7th visit which speaks for itself. At the end of every holiday the reception staff gives you a questionnaire to complete asking things about your holiday, and my only complaint on the questionnaire is always “the beds are so hard and uncomfortable”. Well guess what…they all have new mattresses! Which has resulted in the best 2 weeks sleep I have ever had (obv the Mythos helps). The beds are now perfect and huge so much so I was tempted to try and get the huge mattress into my suitcase to bring home. I am now going to start saying the shower cubicle is teeny tiny and see if they take note and make them huge like the Island Blue showers (we can always hope haha).
Pefki Island is the same as it always has been clean, well organised, friendly staff from the gardeners & maintenance to the lovely cleaners, receptionist and the wonderful bar staff, special mention as always to Sam & Lucas. It is what makes us keep coming back time and time again. We were in block D which is right beside the reception and also the Pefki Island bar which is open til late on a night, it can be a little noisy (probably the noisiest block we have been in, but not horrendous) but this didn’t bother us at all, we were out quite late most nights but if you are someone who goes to bed early and a light sleeper you might want to avoid D block but we quite enjoyed it as my other half normally goes to the bar on a night before me while I am getting ready and it was straight down the steps from our room and straight to the bar. Perfect.
I did notice this time that there seemed to more and more weddings which resulted in large groups of people which sometimes can be a bit overpowering when you are travelling as a couple but I know that the hotels are geared towards weddings so it isn’t a problem & it is such a beautiful location that it’s a place made for weddings, so that’s not a criticism just an observation (and to be honest if we got married we would do it here as it is perfect place). We never had a problem finding a sunbed around any of the pools or at the beach, you don’t have to get up at stupid o’clock in the morning to get a sun bed, which is great.
We did miss Lucas this year not been at Pefki Island Bar but he is at Lindia Thalassis so just meant we had to go and have a drink with him at the end of the night, still the same Lucas just at a different bar.
All in all a fabulous hotel in a fabulous resort, cant fault it so much so that after been home less than a week we have booked up to come back later this season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our world...An unusually built hotel in 12000 m2, the Pefki Islands Resort looks like a miniature village. It is 104 studios and apartments are separated into little blocks doted around the central reception building. These apartments are all named after Greek islands. The resort also includes luscious gardens. Two expansive pools with swim-up bars, separate children swimming pools, billiards and game room and children’s playground. Appeals to those looking for a quiet retreat in a peaceful, friendly resort. Particular for couple and families with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Pefki Islands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pefki Islands Hotel Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Resort Pefkos, Rhodes