My husband, 15 yr old daughter and I have just returned for 2 weeks at the Pefki Island Resort. Lovely apartments. Nice big room kept impeccably clean by a lovely lady.
All local staff are great and kept everything clean. All 5 pools across the three linked resorts are lovely with plenty of sunbeds, even in August. We used the Delfini pool most of the time as it was less busy and the nearest to our apartment.
We were also told at our welcome meeting about the bug and although we did have lunch now and again at the Delfini Pool Bar we avoided Elia. The bug was so rife that we felt the Elia was the most likely culprit. The Island Blue is B&B so everyone eats there and we at Pefki Island received a token for a free bottle of wine with our first meal at Elia which I think a lot of people would have made use of. It was also the nearest restaurant and looked nice. We also used hand gel more than usual and managed to avoid the bug. On the second Sunday the Greek night (very lucrative) was cancelled and nobody seemed to know why and on the last day they have started to take room numbers whenever you ordered food to establish who was eating where and I assume work out the problem areas.
That aside I would recommend these apartments and the resort as a whole of Pefkos. Travelling to and from Rhodes you go through other resorts none of which looked at all pleasant with a lot of empty shops. Pefkos and Lindos were the only places that looked lively and thriving. We spent two days in Lindos using both the taxis (set price from Pefkos of 8 euros and the public bus !.60 euros). We walked up to the acropolis which was wonderful with fantastic views. The climb isn't as bad as it looks - easy really, we did it in flip flops. No need to get a donkey.
All restaurants we used in Pefkos were good. Our favourite was Peperoncino's an Italian, after 12 greek meals we fancied a change. Philosophia is in a beautiful location but two to three times the price of anywhere else but the food is average -you are paying for the seaview.
For anyone who wants to keep up with football there are a couple of bars that show matches. Pefki by Night even put the Brentford V Charlton game on the big screen for my husband!
Avoid Elia and hopefully you too will avoid bug,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our world...An unusually built hotel in 12000 m2, the Pefki Islands Resort looks like a miniature village. It is 104 studios and apartments are separated into little blocks doted around the central reception building. These apartments are all named after Greek islands. The resort also includes luscious gardens. Two expansive pools with swim-up bars, separate children swimming pools, billiards and game room and children’s playground. Appeals to those looking for a quiet retreat in a peaceful, friendly resort. Particular for couple and families with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pefki Islands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pefki Islands Hotel Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Resort Pefkos, Rhodes