I would like to endorse the positive comments made by others about these apartments. The apartment itself was typical of the ones we've booked on other visits to Greece - basic. I had no problems with cleanliness. Our cleaner was friendly and regularly changed our bedding and towels. As others have said the family owners are really friendly and as a consequence quite a number of the guests choose to return to the bar after an evening meal which made for a good atmosphere. I found the pool of a sufficient size for the number of apartments and we were always able to get sunbeds (although some of these are in need of replacement). The apartments couldn't be better located, being close to the beaches and the tavenas of Pefkos. We took the bus into Lindos on a number of occasions and didn't have a problem at all. Would advise people to take a taxi back though. We also took the glass bottom boat in one day and would thorougly recommend it. We would also endorse the Jeep Safari we went on, the Rhodes by night trip and the Lordos evening festival which takes place fortnightly on a Friday.
We ate out throughout our stay and found the standard to be good to very good. Particularly like Coralli (not the only ones), Tsambikos, Spitaki and Mary & Ginas in Pefkos and Mythos & Alex's in Lindos. Unlike many others we weren't impressed with Anixis. Perhaps it's the victim of the positive feedback others have given this restaurant. It was busy but we didn't find the welcome or the quality of food worthy of positive endorsement.
Called into the Oasis Bar on a number of occasions after evening meal and found Mark and his quiz a fun way to pass a couple of hours.
The one downside to our holiday was the attitude of the tour operator Thomsons. We took flight and resort transer with them. Flight was fine but the transfer was a nighmare. Because we weren't taking their accommodation we were treated like lepers. I had to tell the driver where to drop us off on arrival and then had to find a Thomson hotel in the resort to confirm arrangements for return pick up. My advice to anyone thinking of using Thomsons for transfer is don't!! Take a taxi (expensive) or use someone like "Resorthoppa."
In summary we found Pefkos to be a good place to enjoy a relaxing holiday with enough going on without it being brash at all. Summer Memories was the perfect base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Memories Aparthotel is ideally located, with its own swimming pool and pool bar, just five minutes from the beach and even closer to the centre of Pefkos where you will find bars and tavernas. There are a number of twin and double studios for 2, some sleeping 3 people, and one and two bedroom apartments sleeping up to four people. There's a supermarket just a couple of minutes away. All with: private shower/wc, kitchenette, balcony or patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Summer Memories Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Memories Apartments Hotel Pefkos
- Summer Memories Apartments Pefkos, Rhodes