I stayed at the Pefkos Beach with my Wife and 2 friends and found it to be a fantastic hotel.
I want to start by addressing a few complaints people have have made on here.
1) Lack of entertainment: this is a hotel, use as a base to explore, it's not a self contained all inclusive resort. Get out and enjoy what the Village/Island has to offer.
2) No one to take bags to room: If you want a bell boy... book a 5 star resort, (They took our bags to just below apartments for us).
3) Air con and Safe costs extra: Doesn't it everywhere?
4) It's close to the main road: Yes, but its the quietest main road I've ever seen. Hardly like being in Falaraki
5) Its on a hill. Yes it is... as in mentioned on the website of the Hotel and clear from most pictures. If you don't like hills, go on holiday to Holland.
6) There is no complimentary soap: So what, no one ever uses it, it gets taken home as a 'souvenir' where it gets left in a drawer and thrown away in a few months.
The only valid complaint that I have read on this site is that there is no welcome bottle of water, this on reading I felt was trivial till I arrived. Airport arrivals only has vending machines (which most people arrive on holiday with only notes, and when you have flights arriving at Silly O'clock in the morning when all the shops have shut and you are advised not to drink tap water a bottle of water was desperately needed. If not a free one in the room, at least have a fridge in reception to sell them
Anyway, enough of everyone else's complaints.
We stayed here for a week in September 2013, and arrived in the resort in just over an hour (quicker then stated in Thomson's Brochure) and was greeted at the hotel by Andy, the night receptionist. Andy was very friendly and helpful, got us booked in quickly before someone took our bag on the back of a van up to our rooms. This was up a steep hill but this is something we expected. Andy didn't push the sale on air con as some owners do, he told us to go to the room, see how it was and call if we wanted it switched on.
Our rooms were side by side and hidden with no view, as we didn't request a 'sea view' or 'pool view' we didn't mind this and with temperatures of up to 36°c at times, having a balcony away from the heat was very welcome at times.
Our rooms were clean, smart and although basic, all that we needed on a holiday to Rhodes. With so many fantastic restaurants you wouldn't need to use the kitchenette.
The pool areas was perfect for what we needed always clean, separate pools for kids and always enough sunbeds.
The pool bar was great value and never too busy. The Cocktail bar wasn't as good value for breakfast (same menu) but the hotel does tell you to eat at poor bar as cocktail bar does cater for non-hotel guests.
The Nostalgia Restaurant does produces a good meal at a reasonable price but only eat here the once, there are too many good restaurants to eat in the same place twice when in Pefkos.
The trips out offered by Thomson from this hotel were a good price when compared with what you could book independently and the Rep Nicki was not pushy with the sale of them as I have experienced with other reps (eg Thomas Cook and 2wentys).
Nicki our Thomson rep was fantastic and on hand for every need. She even found us the perfect location for our friends to get engaged. She took us there after she had finished work so that we could discretely scope the location and checked with the owners of site that we were ok to use it. This was above and beyond what she had to do and I know my friends are really grateful for her help.
As well as Nicki (Rep) and Andy (Night Reception) the other staff there were fantastic. Always helpful, friendly and happy to help with anything.
We went to this hotel as 2 couples (left the kids at home) but will hopefully be returning next year with the children (7 & 17 years) as we feel this hotel to be perfect for families as well as couples.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Pefkos Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pefkos Beach Hotel Rhodes