“Low Cost Luxury”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Low Cost Luxury”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was the PERFECT Hotel. Stayed here twice now. The rooms were cleaned on a two-day basis and cleaned well. Everything worked as it should and the room itself was modern, spacious and clean. We stayed in the premier rooms at the top of the complex. The restaraunt which is owned by the hotel was probably the best restaraunt in Pefkos with such an incredible choice of food; for good value and the food itself was SO good. The waiters were very friendly and if you go in there often tey give you free drinks. We tipped them every night even though they didnt ask for it because they were so charming. Te cocktails were great too! The entertainment provided was tacky but fun, and we had a laugh. As far as the pool; it was a little crowded, but we went to the Eagli (Up the road and round the corner) where there was a HUGE pool with hardly anyone there. Pefkos itself is one of the loveliest places in Rhodes in my opinion. Would definately reccomend it to anybody. The only thing I would say is that for the premier rooms you have to walk up a steep hill and its not ideal if you have leg/heart/breathing problems. Its also not great in the hottest part of the day to trapse up and down so take everyhthing you need for the day with you so you dont have to amke unnecesary journeys.
overall a beautiful holiday :)

Room Tip: Go for standard rooms if you dont fancy a hill climb; go for premier rooms if you want something big...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tamsyn B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My Wife and I recently stayed here for two weeks, it was so relaxing. The views from our balcony were lovely and the room was well equipped and quite big. It was cleaned every day with fresh towels and sheets.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast choice was amazing and always served with a smile.
We will be back to this wonderful Hotel for another relaxing and stress free Holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BigKeith58
Bristol
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I spent 2 weeks at Pefkos Beach during late September. We cannot recommend highly enough. From when we arrived to when we left the staff were excellent. We found the hotel to be very clean, tidy and in very good condition. The pools were very clean and refreshing! slightly cold but once in, you got used to the temperature. My wife suffers from a bad back and after 4 nights we asked to be moved to another room due to the beds mattresses being firm. This was not the hotels fault as we are used to our memory foam mattresses back home and to be fair the hotel have installed new mattresses in all the lower rooms. We were upgraded free of charge and from then on we slept much better. Our rep Nicky was fantastic during the whole of our stay and we cannot recommend her highly enough. She was there for any question or issue that needing answering and was generally just a breeze and great fun. The hotels restaurant next door is decent enough, we didn't have a bad meal or service but if you want something different and somewhere that doesn't serve rice or chips, try terpsis, the best food we have ever eaten in Greece. We will be back in years to come :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Starkmark3
Cheshire
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My friend and I recently stayed here for a week and loved it, we requested a high floor with sea views and we were pleased to get one. Unfortunately I have walking difficulties and found the hill and steps up to our room 104 hard work especially carrying up the luggage, so next time I would prefer to stay lower down having said that the views were spectacular. I have never met such friendly staff in all my years of going abroad so Yannis, Ray and Andy you really are such lovely people and a credit to Pefkos Beach. We never had to get up and put our towels on the sunbeds as there were plenty although the complex was full, that was a first for me! The hotel is on the flat with a restaurant and supermarket attached which was handy and a bus stop across the road where the buses ran to nearby Lindos and Rhodes town, and plenty of bars and restaurants close by and a gorgeous sandy beach a short walk away. There was also a laundrette on site with an iron and board for use which I thought was a good idea. We met some lovely people here and would highly recommend this hotel and would definately return.

Room Tip: The ones higher up are more modern with better views over the sea, however as I stated in my review...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank CarpetbaggerCheshire
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed at pefkos beach hotel the rooms were clean spacious maid service daily and few special touches flowers on pillows then flowers in room inc.
Food great and staff very friendly.
Had a great weeks stay.
To top the week off I decided to leave my car keys in the room safety box. I spoke with the hotel from the airport they located my key but it was too late to get it to me at airport. They told me they would send it back to me and I offered to cover cost but they wouldn't take that. I received my keys back today :-)
Yannis and the team at PKB many thanks we will be returning.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank FOPefkos
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We have been back once or twice a year for many years now and the Pefkos Beach is great. Lovely staff, nice pools, great apartment, great supermarket and well positioned in Pefkos. The only negative this year was the Palm bar which didn't have the same fun atmosphere without the old guys serving. We hated the hassle with the WiFi. WiFi used to be so good as you walked through you heard the ping of new mail, but now there is logging in, adverts, out of quota etc. Urghhh.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank BriSed66
Rhondda S. Wales
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent two lovely weeks at this Hotel. The views from out balcony were breathtaking, room 514. We had half board, and the food was "outstanding", we never had a bad meal, the only drawback were the portions - and that's not a complaint its a compliment. The room was superior, and had a screen door on the balcony, so we could leave it open in the night. The staff, all of them from cooks to cleaners, waiters and waitress' , and bar staff, were always friendly and made us feel at home. The gardens were landscaped beautifully, and well looked after, and there was a lift to the top level where we were, glad of it on the way up, but didn't mind the walk down. Only 10 minutes from the gorgeous Beach, one of three all in walking distance. We are both in our 60's and didn't mind the walk down the drive, but not for the faint hearted! We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Studious on several levels, surrounding pools and up in gardens. Would not recommend rooms in garden...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple