Pefkos Beach Hotel
US$122
  • Pool
Summer Memories Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$73
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$79
  • Pool
Eagle's Nest Hotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$700
Hotwire.com
Elvita(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$62
Coralli Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$81
  • Pool
Pefkos Village Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$125
  • Pool
All reviewsnostalgia restaurantpalm cocktail barsuperior studiopool barair conlovely hotelself cateringnext yeargreat holidaypool sidesteep hillrooftop restauranthalf wayper weeksea viewreception staffbars and restaurants
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just back from a week here.
All the staff from check in to check out couldn't do enough for you and if it weren't for a few wee things I suspect it would be a 4 star rather than a 3.
We were originally allocated room 110 and the first thing I noticed was the smell of the drain in the kitchen area, although there was no smell in the bathroom. I then checked out the balcony only to find that the view was of the next block some ten feet or so from the balcony, at this my heart sank, but I knew I had got a wee cheapie on late availability so thought there was probably nothing that could be done.
On opening my case two thirds of my clothes were wringing, probably having been left out in the rain at Glasgow airport so I proceeded to hang them up on the line on the balcony and finally went to bed.
In the morning I went to the welcome meeting and took the chance to ask Yanni if there were any better rooms available, he said he would look and I thought wrongly that would be the last of it. After the meeting he offered us the key to room 108 (note this room number) and said if we liked it to transfer our stuff and if not just to hand back the key. Well what a shock as room 108 was easily - provided you were fit enough to walk up to it - the best room in the up the hill blocks. No smells, fabulous views over the water and humongous double balcony, the only room as far as we could see that had this. He said there might be a bit of electrical work going on nearby but if there were it certainly never disturbed us.
The further up the hill you go the cooler it is therefore we didn't need air conditioning.
The safety deposit boxes are 15 euros per week with no deposit required. They can't accommodate an iPad but will take your passport, wallet, purse, keys etc comfortably.
In Room Facilities
In the room there was a two ring stove, kettle, toaster, pots, pans, cutlery and a tea towel. There is a hair dryer but unless your hair is mega short I would take my own. There is no iron in the room but there are laundry facilities on site so I don't know if they would let you use this iron on its own or if you would need to pay for the full package at 8 euros.
Towels are provided as is toilet paper but no toiletries.
The beds are firm but I found them comfortable, they come with a coverlet, pillow and under the pillow is the sheet for you to use if you wish. There are blankets in the wardrobe. This room had 2 wardrobes 110 had one. Our room was cleaned every day except Sunday and was spotless.
I would be careful of children in the shower as it spikes, I found it best to turn on till it was hot then turn it right down to almost the off position where it was still hot but comfortably so. If you started in the cool position it never went hot.
Many have said the wifi is dear, I paid 5 euros for 90 minutes that could be used over 30 days, I got this for use in the room but you can get free wifi in the Palm Lounge or by the two pools nearest the Palm Lounge. Lots of other places in resort also have free wifi.
Apart from breakfast we ate our meals out and Mingos the supermarket at the entrance provided fresh bread every morning, open 8am to 1am.
Ate just once at Nostalgia the hotels restaurant, it was good but so were so many other places in Pefkos.
The snack bar seemed to do a roaring trade and the staff were again lovely we only ate there once on the Sunday for a cooked breakfast but purchased drinks for the pool there. Directly behind the snack bar is an Internet area with pc's and there are two pool tables.
There are three pools and ample sunbeds. For those who are less able there are also blocks of rooms around the pool.
Sorry for the ramble, I type as I remember things. I can understand why people return to this hotel time and time again, I'll certainly be back, just hope room 108 is free.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChucknJoany
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in an updated Superior studio up on the hill at the back of the Hotel.New shower room just like a holiday Inn. Very much not like any accommodation you expect in Greece.

The Pool area is a bit over crowded with sun beds and will be very claustrophobic in the hight of the season .Room kept very clean bar prices a little high in comparison to the best in the resort . As you can get a 500 mm cold Alpha beer for 2.5€ in most bars.
10 % discount on food at the hotels Nostalgia restaurant (Prices are a little high any way but food OK)
Overall location good for the village (But not on the beach), accommodation good,staff friendly.Ask for a sea view !
This resort and location not for any one with walking difficulties. Hills ,Stairs,uneven surfaces .

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petersun55
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just returned on the 14/05/14 from an enjoyable week in this resort. We went here because the reviews were so good. I will say the rooms are kept very clean with maids appearing every day and the reception staff are helpful and pleasant. We were in room 118 and the only complaint we had was the smell from the drains in the toilet, it was disgusting. We reported this to reception and they sent the maintenance man to look at and resolve things. Well, he looked at it and said there was nothing wrong and left. If you can imagine walking into a room stinking of rotting cabbage and thinking there was no smell then this room is for you. The smell was so bad that even with the toilet door closed the room was stinking. I will say that the smell disappeared on the day we were leaving which was annoying as the holiday would have been so much better without the stench. As mentioned in previous reports the resort is very hilly and I really wouldn't recommend this for anyone with mobility issues. I know the resort blurb mentions a lift, this only takes you three quarters of the way up the hill which is steep. Another thing to keep in mind is that to get to reception or the apartments lower down the hill. there is a steep climb or a number of stairs to get there. The beds are comfy and the balcony allows a place to sit and dry the swimming trunks etc. The views further up the hill are great if you are mobile enough to get up there. If you are looking to extend your check out on the last day from 12:00 to 18:00, we were charged 35 Euro, we did think this was a bit steep however it did give us the day to do with as we wanted then grab a shower before coming home. In summary good value and have spent a lot more for a lot less.

Room Tip: If mobility allows get a room further up the hill, you are away from the bars and will get any breezes coming off the coast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel and the place. Been coming for the past 10 years it is like coming back to family they make you feel so welcome. A wonderful family who run the hotel. Rooms are lovely but tbh only spend time in the room for breakfast or getting ready and sleeping. Good size pools. Restaurant serves excellent food and cocktails in bar are amazing. The hotel shop has everything you need.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best in Pefkos. I've been here on and off for 20 years and this is the only place I'll return to. The rooms are immaculate and the service is second to none. Plus the bars and restaurant are very good. Top Quality :-) I'll be back x

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple