Me and my better half went for 7 Days, Self-Catering w/ Thomson (2nd May - 9th May). We arrived at the airport around 21:30, greeted by a cheery Thomson Rep who directed us to our transfers, took around 45 minutes (varies depending on how many drops there are).
We arrived later on in the evening to check-in where again, a very helpful polite woman greeted us, gave us our room key and directed us to our room (Block B room 209).
On entering our room we were overjoyed with how spacious it was. Well sized bed (so she could sprawl), TV with English channels, beautiful view out onto the sea from our balcony. The bathroom was as expected, smallish, clean (apart from not being able to flush paper, not to keen on).
We then took a pleasant walk into town to grab a bite to eat and a few beers before turning in for the night,
Next morning got up and lay by the pool. PLENTY of sunbeds available, little did I know we had booked the first week of the season so there wasn't many people there at all (35 i think the receptionist said). However, this suited us perfectly. Gorgeous cool pool to take a dip in, if you have children there is a fairly sized play area within a 20yd walk from the sunbeds and pool.
Lolos-barman was great, I was told he is the only one who makes the cocktails because he's so good at them. Reasonably priced drinks, beer, cocktails, soft drinks etc. Also Maria the chef cooks up a mean Pita Gyros for lunch.
The weather was amazing, it topped out around 32ºC and an average of 27ºC. The final day was the cloudiest-obviously we didn't mind.
The walk to the town is short, around 5-10 mins if that. Plenty of cocktail bars, some we didn't go in as being so early season they weren't open. Spent alot of time in Jasmines due to the free Wi-Fi, everyone was so friendly everywhere you went;
Beautiful area, nice people. Will definately be returning, hopefully this year some time.
The only downside was due to us going so early on the water had been standing in the tanks for 6 months in the "off" season, so the water had a sulphuric smell-like eggs, for the first day or so, we just kept the taps running and the shower running. If you experience it tell the staff and they put some smelly stuff in it to mask it.
Also make sure you have a good meal and drinks BEFORE you get into Rhodes airport, the "cafe" is crap and overpriced and don't accept card, also there is no cash machine upstairs so ensure you've got money if you're hoping to buy food there. The duty free takes card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our World...An elegant a comfortable hotel, like its sister hotel Pefki Islands Resort, it’s built like a village.It’s 90 rooms are divided into 5 blocks spreads over an area of approximately 12.000 m2The hotel is build by the seaside and it also boasts of beautiful gardens and a separate reception building with a spacious Super Market. It includes an indoor bar, billiards room and kids club room.The reception overlooks the large swimming pool with the swim-up bar.Additionally the reception building houses a folklore Museum – a unique collection of artifacts and costumes from the Dodecanese Islands.Appeals to those looking for a quiet retreat in a peaceful, friendly resort, particular for couples and families with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindia Thalassa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindia Thalassa Hotel Pefkos
- Lindia Thalassa Pefkos
- Lindia Thalassa Resort Pefkos, Rhodes