Lindia Thalassa Resort
Thalia Hotel(Pefkos)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsblock bpool barsea viewair connext yearhead receptionistminute walkgreat holidaykids clubgreek nightself cateringbed apartmentrhodes townevening entertainmentfamily holidaysister hotelrecommend this resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is our 4th time to Pefkos and 3rd time in the Lindia Thalassa, our 1st time with our 1 year old daughter. We travelled as a party of 4 adults and 1 child, over 2 apartments. We had another lovely stay, we arrived at around 10:30pm and the onsite supermarket was open which was very handy for water, milk etc. On arrival days the supermarket stays open until midnight. We emailed Maria with our room requests, apartments next to each other on a higher floor in block a,b or c, once again Maria met our requests (Thank You Maria). Both apartments had 2 bedrooms and we were lucky enough to be allocated one with 2 balconys, my parents had one balcony and room was a good size. There was never any trouble getting a sunbed no matter what time of the day you went. The beach was a little bit more narrower this year, I think this was due to the weather neing breezy and the tide being a bit further in, but this did not bother us. A pint of mythos at pool bar 2.90 euro very reasonable and snacks were very reasonable in price, although we did like to go into the resort to eat at both lunch time and evening, Our favourite restaurant, as always, was Philosophioa. Philip the owner remembered us from our previous visits and gave us some wine on the house, a lovely touch. With it being the first time with our daughter, we made use of the playgrounds in resort which are attached to some of the restaurants, making pefkos very child friendly. All in all would recommend agian and again. The only negative, which I hate to say, is that the beds/furniture is all concrete based so therefore when having a toddler in tow, you need to be careful for them bumping heads and things. This was never a concern before as we did not have our daughter on previous visits. That being said it would not stop us from returning.

Room Tip: block a and b for sea views, block d and e for pool views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KJC99
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed at the Lindia Thalassa 16th - 23rd October on a last minute break and have to say it was delightful. From the moment we were checked in by Maria - who gave us the warmest welcome we have ever experienced, to the moment we checked out - again by Maria who made us feel she was sorry to see us go (she is definitely one of the best assets of this hotel - a shining example of exemplary customer service); the Lindia Thalassa offered everything you could wish for for a warm and friendly break.
We arrived at approx 10:30pm, and as mentioned, greeted by the wonderful Maria on reception who gave us a brief but informative rundown of what was available. The Elia restaurant was open late for us to be able to get food if we wished, and there was a bottle of water in the fridge.
When we awoke in the morning and looked out from the balcony we were greeted by the most amazing view of the sea - again - thank you Maria for allocating this room to us :)
Stavros down at the pool bar - another great asset to this hotel - was fantastic. Very patiently trying to teach my husband a little of the greek language, it was always a pleasure to go down to the pool bar, and a great bonus that the food and drink were excellent value and quality in comparison to the establishments in Pefkos.
The pool area was never crowded, can't imagine it would be the same at peak, but the beach down the steps was also wonderful, beautiful clear seas that you could out for some distance in - very child friendly, and fabulous to see fish swimming around your legs too!
Our room contained more or less everything that was needed for a self catering break - the george forman style grill an excellent touch - we rarely use the facilities for more than simply making coffee and cool drinks, but we did enjoy making our own breakfast some mornings just to be able to appreciate the view from the balcony.
The cleaners were very efficient an friendly - clean towels every morning and bedding changed every other day and the rooms were spotless. The whole site is kept immaculate and is just so lovely.

The only fault we could find was as is mentioned in a large number of reviews - and that is the hardness of the mattresses - this caused my husband and I to have disturbed sleep, which prevents me from giving the overall review a full 5 - and that saddens me as overall this is an amazing hotel staffed by some of the nicest people we have ever met, and despite the mattress situation we fully intend to visit again the same time next year.

Overall the Pefkos has a wonderfully relaxed vibe, which made this a perfect choice for a last minute sunshine getaway and thoroughly recommend the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our second trip to the Lindia Thalassa and it was just as fab as last year. The whole place has a lovely atmosphere about it, the staff are welcoming, especially Maria on Reception and Stavros on the bar, who has a cheeky wink and a smile for everyone. The place is kept spotless as so many other reviews have mentioned and it is ideally placed to get to the beach, which is also a lovely haven, if you want to just chill out and listen to the waves gently lapping on to the sand.
My one and only moan is the BEDS and I know it's been said before but please, please, please Lindia Thalassa replace the mattresses, these are the hardest, lumpiest ones I've ever had to try to sleep on. I don't remember them being this bad last year. Even my fiancé who quite literally can sleep anywhere found it difficult to get comfy on them.
We are bringing 24 family and friends back with us next October for our wedding so fingers crossed they've been replaced, or it will be back to sleeping on the sunbeds for us.

Room Tip: A & B Block's have the best rooms with a view but they come at a premium. The sunsets are stunning though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue-JohnnyLondon
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I did stay at this hotel in July 2012, and had the best holiday, I wanted to stay again this year however I found that the prices had increased (a lot) since last year, at the moment it looks like myself and my boyfriend can just about afford a 2 week break here next year (but we'll be surviving on gyros all holiday lol) - BUT that is so worth it! couldn't go back here just for 1 week like we did previously it has to be 2, amazing location/beach/town, amazing staff, amazing pool, amazing food and drink and amazing rooms, no wonder the prices have increased if you choose to go here as a package holiday - we're paying DOUBLE what we did the first time, but like I said, they're worth it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IssyMcNultz
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent seven nights at Lindia Thalassa in early October having decided to book at the last minute. It was our first trip to the area and we were greeted very warmly at reception. I'd go so far as to say that it was the best welcome I've experienced at any hotel and the reception staff proved to be very helpful throughout our stay.
Our room (204 in Block A) had a lovely view of the sea - perfect for lazy breakfasts/brunches and enjoying a glass of wine in the evening as the sun went down. (Our balcony even served as an excellent viewing point for a wedding that took place during our stay!) The room was immaculately clean and the self-catering facilities had all that we needed. The only downside was that the beds were very hard indeed and unfortunately this ruined my sleep throughout the week.
The accommodation is right next to the beach, which although narrow, is very clean and it did not feel over-crowded. Pefkos itself has a good choice of bars and restaurants (Enigma became our firm favourite).
I would visit Linida Thalassa again but I would be reluctant to return in the height of summer as I got the impression that it swarms with British tourists on package holidays (as conveyed by the 'typically British' menus in some of the restaurants).

Positives:
1. Friendly and helpful reception staff
2. Located next to the beach
3. Very clean rooms
4. Well-stocked supermarket next to hotel

Negatives:
1. Hard and uncomfortable beds. Bedsheets were also of low quality.
2. Cleaning staff loudly using walkie talkies outside of rooms in the morning.

Top tips:
1. Request room 204 in Block A if you want a sea view. It looked to be one of the best rooms available.
2. The restaurant around the corner called Elias is well worth visiting in the evening as is the Enigma restaurant along the main street of Pefkos. Lee's Beach Bar is perfect for lunchtime.

Room Tip: Request room 204 in Block A if you want a sea view. It looked to be one of the best rooms available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family