“The staff is what makes this place great!!”
Review of Coralli Apartments

and 1 more site!
Coralli Apartments
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We arrived on the 27th april and stayed one week. We got this apartment for £3.50 each per night and the reviews looked great.

I had been working a 12hour shift before the early flight and didnt really sleep much on the plane. So I was really croggy and half asleep when we finally got to Coralli.

We were staying across the road and all the apartments looked lovely. As we entered the room we were gutted! The bathroom looked dirty, it was all really dated and just looked really bad. We even considered changing hotels but we didnt really want to dip into our spending money. So I spent a little bit on cleaning products and gave it scrub. But there was no black marks on my sponge, my sponge was spotless. The cleaners attually clean, the bathroom just needs updating.

We had a very long nap and when we woke up with a fresh brain, we realised we only paid £3.50 each a night its not gunna be amazing. You get what you pay for.!!

We freshened up and went for a meal in Coralli! The service and food was OUTSTANDING! It was faultless. Our stay had got alot better! The owner, billy and jimmy and the till man were fantastic and loved to please.

We went back most nights for food and to chill at the bar and the apartment started to warm to us.

The apartment has everything you need. Who needs the Hob, when fantastic food is served across the road. Yes the bath had no shower curtain but it does the job. You dont come on holiday to spend it in the apartment .

We hired a car for the week from georges car, I would highly recomend.

We know for next time to go a little bit later as hardly anything was open and the weather was hit and miss.

Would we stay again?

Deffffooo! But after the 4th of may:D

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flick86

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Hey everyone

Although I am a regular contributor to the Rhodes TA Forum, this is my first review so here goes. First of all, I would like to make it clear that this was my first stay at the Coralli as I always stay in Lindos, so on account of this, this is a totally unbiased review.

I booked the Coralli independently after reading the numerous fantastic reviews on both the accommodation and the restaurant, as I was looking for somewhere outside Lindos for a change. I got a brilliant deal for £160 for 17 nights.

I arrived on 27th April late afternoon and was greeted by Jimmy (one of the restaurant and bar staff). I was shown to my room at the back of the property situated over the road by the cleaner. I mention this as a previous reviewer deemed it necessary to mention being led to their room by a cleaner and clearly thought this was an issue??. Not an issue with me, I dont care if its the cleaner, the bloke who delivers the fish or the guy who collects the money for the sunloungers on the beach!!

Anyway, pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, I am a solo traveller and the room was more than sufficient for me and is a lot bigger than equivalently rated properties in Lindos. It was clean on arrival and was cleaned every day throughout my stay with a regular change of bedding/towels. Facilities are typically 2/3 star self catering but does include a kettle, which you dont always get in Lindos. Sufficient utensils and kitchen items but to be honest I was always out. Large wardrobe and good sized fridge for all self catering needs. Air conditioning unit and safe if required (payable locally), I didnt need either.

Now for the bathroom, recent reviews have expressed disappointment with bathroom facilities. Lets keep it real, this is classed as 2 star accommodation and the cost is unbelievably cheap. Yes there is no shower curtain over the bath and the shower can spray over the edge of the bath onto the tiled floor area, so what, its Greece and wet room accommodations are the norm in this type of accommodation. If I was not happy with this I would dig deep and pay for 4 or 5 star accommodation! Not a problem at all with me, maybe because I have got used to self catering facilities I am happy to accept a bit of water splashed around. I accept that this may be an issue for young children and care needs to be taken. The toilet was close to the bath but again I cant see the problem, it was clean and was cleaned each day and the bin emptied.

All in all, no problems with the room and facilities.

Tsambika who owns the property greeted me the following morning and went out of her way to introduce herself and spent 20 minutes sitting chatting about everything I may need to know. Expenses in the bar/restaurant can be paid as you go along in Euros or you can open a tab. A number was allocated to me and everything I purchased went onto this tab number. Tsambika offered me full flexiibility to pay this off daily, every few days, each week or whenever I wanted. She was happy to check the running balance for me whenever I asked her to so I could keep an eye on expenditure. She also provides a fully itemised receipt for me to view whenever I wanted. This was so handy and meant I didnt have to carry cash around when I was in and around the Coralli pool, bar or restaurant. I asked if I can pay a cumulative tip at the end of my stay depending on what I thought was right and she was happy with this.

The Coralli is a 10 minute leisurely (flat) walk from Pefkos main drag (Pefkos by Night/Eclipse). The walk along the road is easy enough but their are no pavements as such, however, there is plenty of room to walk at the side of the road. Just walk facing oncoming traffic and hold kids hands. Loads of people doing this and not an issue.

The Coralli swimming pool area is elevated slightly and overlooks a long stretch of beach. The pool area is very clean and has loads of sunloungers and parasols but not overcrowded. No matter what time of day, I could get a lounger. There is a lounging area next to the bar and pool with a choice of comfortable seating areas for more relaxed eating and drinking. The bar staff will all come out to the pool area to serve drinks/food as required. There is a pool table and a couple of 'pay as you go' internet terminals (1 Euro for 15 mins). I believe they offer money exchange facilities but I did not use it.

The Coralli restaurant which is situated at the front of the property is the jewel in its crown. Lovely setting with small nooks and crannys and more private eating areas dotted about. The food is fantastic! I have regularly eaten in the 'high end' eateries in Lindos such as Ambrosia, Arhontiko and Mavrikos which are fabulous. Seriously the Coralli food is just as good, if not better! The menu is so extensive but the surprising thing is the reasonable cost bearing in mind the fantastic food. The fact that locals from all over the island come to eat there each day says it all to me. Many holidaymakers staying in Pefkos, Lindos and Lardos also make the effort to dine there and often return after experiencing it.

From the swimming pool area, there are steps down the side which leads directly onto the beach area. The beach is an extension of Pefkos beach and extends right the way down to Lardos. There are no loungers etc on the beach by the Coralli and parts are rocky/shingly. However there are little nooks and crannys where you can take a towel and sunbathe, relax with a bit of privacy. Because of the lack of loungers, the beach is very quiet and peaceful. If you turn right on the beach by the Coralli and walk about a 100 metres, you will find a part of the shoreline which is all sandy and great for swimming. If you turn left on the beach by the Coralli and walk for 10 minutes, you will come across another small beach with sunloungers/parasols with great swimming. Cost 4 Euros a bed. There is a very basic Kantina at the back of the beach which sells very basic snacks ie burgers/ baguettes/toasties/ice creams /soft drinks and beers. There are little wooden tables under a thatched roof with a sandy floor. The simplicity is the attraction. Toilet facilties also. You can also carry on walking along the beach into Pefkos rather than using the road.

Regarding the staff at Coralli, Tsambika is a lovely lady and looks after you. Nothing is too much. I often spent a day or two on local beaches and would eat where I was and quite often wouldnt see Tsambika for 2 days. When I next went in she was really worried that I did not like the facilities and wanted me to tell her if anything was wrong. Bless her. I had to explain that because I know the island very well I do get out and about a bit, however I did spend equal amounts of time at the Coralli. Jimmy and Billy who serve the bar and restaurant are brilliant. So friendly, fun but also very professional and speak great English. Once again, nothing is too much trouble for them and everything is done with a smile on their faces and always with courtesy.

Regarding Pefkos itself, some great restaurants including Spitaki, Dama Dama, Philosphia and Kyma. Bars including Pefkos by Night, Rock Bar, Caprice Bar and The Rock Garden. As said earlier its an easy walk into Pefkos and there are a number of great child friendly beaches there with a variety of watersports. Pefkos bakery is worth a visit and the taxi rank is centrally located. Having said that, if you need a taxi Tsambika will call one for you. There is a bus stop outside of the Coralli heading in both directions, either towards Lindos or Lardos. It is a 15 minute bus ride to Lindos costing 1 and a half Euros. It is 5 Euros 50 cents to Rhodes Town and can take an hour or more.

In summary, this is a fantastic property, well situated with good facilities including a top class restaurant. Staff are fantastic and genuine and other holidaymakers so friendly and chilled. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. It is very good value for money. One of the recent reviews makes the statement that they 'they simply do not believe that all the previous good reviews are genuine'! Hmmmm. This review is entirely genuine and dare I say that the last 2 reviews have been the exception rather than the rule. This suggests to me that all the great reviews ARE entirely genuine and that the authors of the last 2 reviews have unrealistic expectations. Just my opinion, thats all! Either that or they have been very unlucky with their room experiences.

As an established Lindos fanatic, I would definitely return. So much so I extended my stay for 7 days

Hope this review helps

Tsambika, Jimmy and Billy, THANK YOU

Martin

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
18  Thank FugeeBlues
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We are arrived at the coralli about midnight on the 7th of may for a 5 night stay in pefkos, when shown to our room We were in shock it was small, dirty, old and there was holes in all the sheets, everythin looked like it was falling apart and having a toilet right next to a shower with no curtain water went everywhere, there were flaying ants everywhere too just disgusting. As it was so late we had no choice but to spend the night there. We barely slept but first thing next morning we left and found great accommodation at the Stella apartment what a world of difference. I would not recommend the coralli to anyone younger or older, boyfriend and I are 28/27. I don't think it's even a fit place to stay of you were spending the whole day out thats how bad it is.. Glad it didn't ruin our stay tho as the management at Stella were fantastic..

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Sara84london
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We booked this holiday on the cheap, we thought we where getting a bargin as it was just before the season started, how wrong we where, we certainly got what we paid for and a whole lot Less.
On booked I checked the reviews for the Coralli Studios Pefkos and I was really very pleased with the great reviews they had, to this day I simply DO NOT belive they are all genuine. Our apartment was not just basic, it was dirty, grim and falling to pieces (Pictures to show), the ONE thing it has going for it was the view from the balcony, however the balcony was grim too so we would not have wanted to ever sit there.
We checked in with the owner who suggested the cleaner would show us our room :-/ Ok, we where then taken across the main road away from the beach and restaurant section (which by the way and in fairness did look ok) and we where then walked up a very steep drive to our apartment/cell, to what I can onyl describe as grim. With bright white bulbs without shades, 5ltr water bottles to collect drain water, cupboard boards falling off, only ONE pan to cook with and no utensils. The shower room / toilet was impossible and a sight to be hold. Really old pink wall tiles with a hand held shower right over the toilet basin, so you can imagine the toilet roll after one shower....the water did not drain away, so actually going to the toilet after anyone had showered meant you had to undress first in order to save your clothes from being wet through. The next day we awoke at 6am, got our cases and did an about turn out of there. We managed to get other super clean and nice apartments in Lindos town and resccude what would have been a nightmare holiday. I would seriously think twice about booking here, I would Never in a million years go back again. See pics.

Room Tip: I would never book to go here again.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Markanthony118
Reviewed 7 February 2011

The Coralli Apartments are situated about 10-15 minutes walk from Pefkos along a reasonably quiet, if unpaved road. So you are just out of the way of the noise of the town but within easy walking distance. One day we decided to walk back from Pefkos along the largely deserted beach front, such a lovely experience you wonder if you should bother going back home!

The apartments are split by the road with the main block across the road from the restaurant/pool, the situation makes for a fantastic view as your are literally a few metres from the sea, but with a nice sized pool if you don't fancy the sea!

The rooms themselves were basic, with a small bathroom but plenty of storage space, and very clean with cleaners around every day. We were travelling on a tight budget and found ourselves very fortunate to find such a lovely little place right next to the sea for the price we paid for it.

There is an on-site restaurant which arguably serves the best food in Pefkos, we ate out at different places every night but it was nice to have somewhere serving such fantastic greek food (especially lamb kleftiko) on our doorstep. As an extra bonus it has a little shop and poolside bar if you fancy picking up a few bits and bobs, although I would recomend walking into Pefkos to the slightly bigger shops to get more value for money.

We already pre-booked breakfast for our stay and were slightly let down by the fact that we wern't offered any form of menu, just given some bread, cheese, cold meats and juice every day. This was a shame because the rest of the food was brilliant so I wouldn't recommend pre-booking breakfast.

The staff were very pleasant and met us on arrival despite it being 5am, couldn't ask for much more really, there is also a small room offering Internet PC's for a small charge!

The Coralli Apartments were mainly frequented by older couples at the time we stayed there (May), most of them had come back many a time as it is such a lovely little place to stay

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were greeted by Jimmy who was so friendly even at that time of the morning lol.we got up early and had the biggest and best breakfast ive ever had!the waiters Billy,Mikey,Jimmy and George are amazing they are full of fun and so friendly!tsambika is a real nice lady always greets you with a smile.i must reccomend that you try one of Jimmys cocktails.....WOW! Mythos is their local beer and it was really nice!i cant wait to get back there it was amazing!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Well i booked this holiday because i needed a cheap get away, i looked at the reviews of this place and it seemed to be ok.
We travelled with 8 adults 4 teenagers and a 7yr old and 4yr old and a 20 month old toddler.
We arrived at 2am in the morning and was greeted by Jimmy. The rooms where small but clean and had an iron and ironing board and kettle fridge ect very basic but that's what you get in greece, and to be honest i was'nt really expecting much from the place considering it was cheap to book, but it was more then i was expecting.
Tsambuka was a lovley lady and mikey,jimmy,george,billy where a right laugh very flirty with the the women but all in good fun.
The pool area was great the pool was clean and there where always plenty of sunbeds to be had.
When we arrived the temp was 34 at 2am in the morning and we tried to sleep for a couple of hours but it was too hot, so next morning i spent 100 euro's on air con.
The food at the coralli was very nice and the portions quite big, it is a 10 min walk into pefkos center where there are plenty of bars and tavernas to eat and drink, we can recommend the PEFKOS BY NIGHT bar and ECLIPSE is a must we had a couple of great nights in both!! especially jumping of the waterfall in eclipse that was an experiance!!
one place i would recommend eating at is a little taverna called maria's and i cant remember the other bit lol, it has a little archway and is set off the main road it was gawjus food in there. I would'nt recommend smile resturant or zorbos resturant both had rubbish food!!!
we visited the water park which turned out to be a big dissapointment!! it may the the biggest in europe but not for the rides!! but for the distance you have to walk between them!!! save your money as it not worth it and i love waterparks. one tip i will give is dont use the lockers that are around the park as these cost you 1 euro everytime you open them, but use the ones in the supermarket, you pay 6 euros for the full day and you get 5 euros back when you return the key!
But if you do go DONT go on the free bus! it gets very crapped and they will fit as many ppl on as they can!!!
We went with pefkos travel very nice ppl and the bus was very nice.
A visit to Rhodes town is a must i reallyplenty to see enjoyed it plenty to see and you may need to go twice!
Getting back to the coralli, tsambika was a great lady even did a birthday cake for one our kids.
All of the bar staff where hillarious and i've forgiven Jimmy for wiping my I-pod!! lol
I would defo recommend this place for a holiday and if we ever return to Rhodes I would return here no problem.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family