“are there two Pefkos gardens????”

Hotel Pefkos Garden
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed 5 August 2013

read reviews before i went but thot too late to change. arrived 20th july for two weeks. checkin no prob we had first floor room with sea n pool view close to bar so a bit noisey at night, room could do with updating but we had clean sheets and towels everyday i did hear one guest complain that she didnt get this to be told by reception towels arent changed everyday, but ours were.,, The owners are lovely and yes barbara does shout on the phone abit but is always pleasant to guests as for the dog laddie hes a big softie and not agressive at all. if u go to the beach u will see barbara there with laddie in the water. the food i thot was good u could always find something to eat and i didnt starve put on weight lol. no tea or coffee at lunch or dinner but u can get it at breakfast and after that at the bar. The food isnt as bad as ppl have said lots of salads pots pasta and meat dishes which were all delicious. all the staff were lovely and the hotel gardens etc are goegeous. The childrens pool is emptied everyday i should know i watched him do it and clean the big pool too. didnt see any mice or bugs. This is a 3 star hotel remember that, if the rooms were better this hotel would b fantastic. location is great. would i go back??? yes in a second. pefkos lovely and so is this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank justkaz41

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have just arrived back from Pefkos Gardens (28th July 2013 ) after a weeks holiday. There was me my Sister and my niece and as 3 women we chose this as the man we booked it through assured us that it had entertainment!!. So lets start shall we, firstly we arrived at 3am in the morning, there was no one manning reception! we waited about 10 mins and then I started shouting hello but still no joy! until my niece saw a man asleep on the sofa and we woke him up. After what seemed like ages he got us our key, but we had no drinks or food provided and we had paid for all inclusive. He was very keen to take my 50 euro for the weeks air conditioning. Little tip here make sure you get a receipt for your air con as the lady on reception tried to get another 50 out of us before we left !!! The good bits start now, the pool was great, never any problem finding a sun bed. The roof top restaurant was fab, food a bit repetitive but after a week of just eating salad and swimming I have lost 6lbs so every cloud has a silver lining !! The waiters were great especially Daniel he is lovely and made sure we had everything we needed. As I said before we booked this hotel because it stated entertainment but please be aware this is not true, there was none at all. The lovely Daniel came to our rescue again and escorted us to the ECLIPSE CLUB in Pefki which is absolutely fantastic ( all ages go there and it also has a great swimming pool and waterfall we didn't feel out of place at all ). Lindos is well worth a visit and you can catch the bus outside the hotel and it's about 1euro 50 cents. Rhodes Town is also worth a trip that was 5 euro 50 cents on the bus. The room was always clean and tidy but the the bathroom could do with a bit of a revamp. The pool bar was ok but be careful with the cocktails as we were never quite sure what had gone in them as they tasted different every time !!!. All in all we had a great time. I lost weight, made friends with a little black cat ( but couldn't manage to smuggle him out in my suitcase) and had a fabulous Friday night at the Eclipse club with Daniel, would I go back well the answer is Yes, it's in a lovely area, the pool is great ( food not so good) Waiters great ( especially Daniel ) and it is a good base for seeing the sites, but just one more thing, in the blurb it states that the hotel is 500 metres from the beach this also is untrue it's more like 1/2 a mile and then 100 steps down to the beach. All in all we had a great time and would definitely give it another go.

Room Tip: We were in room 108 overlooking the court yard A/C was fine but balcony door wouldn't shut but...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lois W
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Repeated food, dirty water in the pool, rats in rooms! (ok, maybe it was mouse, better?) The only staff was nice. It was our first visit on Rodos, and first impression was - Grey stones everywhere. The best lamb gyros, aquapark in Faliraki is great, one of the best I was.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wiktor S
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stopped at pefkos garden hotel at the end of June for 10 days all inclusive. The hotel is very pretty. its a traditional greek hotel. We arrived and had a few other people in our party. Luckily my family's name was on the list, we used lowcostgolidays to book ours. but other people in our party who used onthebeach, were not on the list so were sent down to another hotel just2 minutes down the street because it was too late at night to get a room sorted as they were supposedly full. That also happened to a few other people who went there. So not very reliable as some companies are booking too many people into the hotel. Nobody got the runs, the food was fine. Don't expect a la carte and you won't be disappointed. The choice of salad was fantastic, there's always pasta and the different potato's each day were delicious. Puddings were ice cream mainly and that was lovely. Bar and restaurant staff were very helpful. Drinks aren't great, it's ok if you love your fizzy drinks or beer and spirits. Can only have tea and coffee at select times, and the machine for the juice in the restaurant is only on in a morning but you can get cordial at the bar, it's just you're not brave enough to drink it because you're not sure if its tap water or not. They'll give you a glass of water (again not sure if its tap water or not) but you have to buy the small bottled water for 50cent. But if you buy 6x 1.5ltr of water from the supermarket for €1.30 and some cordial then you're fine. The room wasnt big enough to swing a cat, but like they say 'its only somewhere to go to sleep and have a shower. Cleaners... The girl who cleans there is great, she uses bleach on her section of rooms to clean, unfortunately we had the lad who cleans there. And he doesn't use bleach anywhere. Our bathroom looked like it has never been cleaned, there was even a scrunchy sponge left in the shower cubicle. And previous people's hair stuck in the drain.the bathrooms are the only thing that really let it down, some of them could do with a bit of a re-vamp. But the pool was fantastic for adults and children. We tried a couple of other hotel's pools just to see what they were like but with us having children, the other hotel pools didn't have very good children's pools. But our children's pool was huge and had room around it for splashing so that people don't get drenched while they're sunbathing. There is a dog at the hotel and it lives there. We were right near where it slept and didn't hear it barking at all. Very harmless dog. Just wanders around and sits outside the gate at night. As for the cats, the whole island has stray cats wandering around. Again, they're harmless. It's not far from the beach or restaurants, supermarket or shops. If we could guarantee a room there and it was clean we would probably go back because we still had a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Smilerj
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We arrived at 12 midnight to be told thete was no room for us and we were bundled down to a hotel down the road where I got bitten to high heaven. Returned next day to be told that thete wad still no room for us. After a lot of persuasion by my friend we were given a room. From then on things improved. You are paying for a basic all inclusive so what do you expect, the food was good, Kristos the barman was a star and treated us well and we met some fantastic people and I'vebooked to go back next year. Enjoyed

Room Tip: Check beforehand that you have a room.
3  Thank linda e
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Where do I start. Told me I had no room left me sitting in reception from midnight to 9am. Dirty room when I did get one. Food was disgusting. Rude unhelpful staff. I wouldn't go back uf it was free, worst hotel ever stayed in

8  Thank kim h
Reviewed 26 June 2013

just returned from a week in this hotel everyone was bitten to hell.Food , where do I start disgusting I wouldn't feed it to my dogs even there dog wouldn't eat it.Snacks well if u want dried bread no butter or anything with stale ham and cheese you are in luck as that's all u will get we asked if they would toast these for us make it more edible they refused even though there was a toasting machine in full view at the bar.Meals upstairs not much better pretty non descript other than pig swill will say the bread was nice.Entertainment did not exist in description it states Greek nite and a barbecue and lol a nightclub only entertainment was smarmy barman who kept running out of drinks and as pleasant as Hannibal lector.Rooms on arrival were double booked the room we did receive would not lock on the inside and balcony was the same young lad behind bar was pleasant must say owner Barbera was like a shrieking banshee how anyone could work for her is beyond me.All in all loved Rhodes met some great locals but I would seriously book another hotel

Room Tip: read reviews book another hotel.
4  Thank Dorothy C