Family of 4 (2 boys aged 5 & 6 years old). Mid August 2 Weeks.
Lovely place to relax with beach extremely close-by. The room was clean and spacious enough with hangers on the balcony for drying out towels/clothing. Enough powerpoints to charge several electronic devices simultaneously. Everything you'd expect for self-catering was present.
Complex has plenty of amenities meaning you don't really have to leave the complex. Supermarket has large stock of goods and the bottled water is very cheap. Supermarket was also able to source a birthday cake for our son's 5th birthday. Restaurants and bars are clean and the service is particularly excellent with all the staff speaking very good English. The variety of meals on offer at the Restaurant is good and the rooftop seating area is beautiful on a night giving the meal that extra special element. The service is prompt which is not the general experience we had from other restaurants in Pefkos (Pefki). The pool bar is great fun with Stergos & Mark always willing to make you laugh. Both bars have the sports channels and put on Football & Rugby. They are more than happy to change the channel if there is a match on you wish to watch.
The pools are extremely clean and have plenty of sun-loungers and umbrella shades. They have varying depths and are brilliant for families with young children. These pools are the focal points for the entertainment activities organised by April & Abby. April & Abby help make the holiday even more memorable for kids and adults alike with quizzes, night-time pool parties, discos and competitions. Like the rest of the staff at the complex they are happy, helpful and seem focused on making you enjoy your holiday.
The complex has a few arcade games, air hockey table, table tennis and several pool tables to provide a different distraction.
There is free wi-fi in the public areas but unfortunately none in the rooms, but we were hardly in the room so this didn't bother us as a family.
The prices at the shop and bars are very reasonable and doesn't hit the wallet hard for families.
At the end of the day the acid test is that I would recommend this complex to my family and friends back home in England, especially if you want a family biased location that has good transport links to areas of interest such as Falaraki Waterpark, Lindos and Rhodes Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 50 metres from Pefkos main beach, the Matina hotel is the perfect location for a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday. The peaceful location and the friendly, fun atmosphere appeal to all types of guests, from families to couples and everything in between. Most importantly, we, the management and all staff at the hotel will do our very best to ensure the only thought in your mind when leaving the hotel is the idea of coming back again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Matina Pefkos Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel Pefkos
- Matina Pefkos Aparthotel Rhodes