Just returned from a week at the Matina (2 adults and a 7 year old), and had a great time. The hotel is very much a family hotel, and our daughter made some great friends whilst there - making our daytimes much easier by the pool. The weather was very hot but extremely windy on some days, which I loved. Only downside with this was that towels, bottles etc were blown around - no problem, but there were still bottles and cans in the hedges by the pool in the morning - a little more attention to picking up the rubbish in the morning would have been nice.
Didn't really use the Matina Bar apart from the Kids Party one night, but the People Bar was lovely. We ate either breakfast or lunch there most days - very friendly service, and lovely food - big portions too!
A walk to the bakery up 'Cardiac Hill' in the mornings was nice - they sold great raisin pastries and apple pies - worth the walk up the hill.
Before going, we emailed the hotel and asked for a top floor room in the new block, and were extremely lucky to be given room 915 - really well maintained, clean, and great view of the pool. Would have liked our towels to be changed more frequently - were only changed once during our stay. I put them in the bath one day (normally means you'd like them changed), but the maid just hung them back up. However, she did clean the room to a high standard, so really can't complain.
The supermarket on site is very well stocked, and the prices are competitive with the other supermarkets in Pefkos.
Our daughter used the Kids Club a few times, and took a particular shine to Ashley. The Chocolate Party was great fun, and she came back plastered in chocolate:)
Abby and April try hard with the entertainment, but I think it is quite difficult to really get much going as trying to pull together guests from both pools. Bit disappointed that the BBQ evening had no entertainment - it lacked in atmosphere, but the food was lovely.
The staff all work very hard and are always smiling.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and met some lovely families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 50 metres from Pefkos main beach, the Matina hotel is the perfect location for a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday. The peaceful location and the friendly, fun atmosphere appeal to all types of guests, from families to couples and everything in between. Most importantly, we, the management and all staff at the hotel will do our very best to ensure the only thought in your mind when leaving the hotel is the idea of coming back again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Matina Pefkos Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel Pefkos
- Matina Pefkos Aparthotel Rhodes