This was our 1st time staying at Matina and after reading all the great things people had to say on this site and matesofmatina I certainly was not disappointed. The Matina is ideally situated for the beach and just a short stroll up to the main street.
I was pleasantly surprised when our coach journey from airport only took us approx. 40 mins with being the first drop off. Check-in was straightforward and we were then promply shown to our room. Our 1 bedroom apartment was located in an older block behind the launderette on the ground floor and was surprisingly spacious. Shaded by trees, the terrace only got the sun a few hours a day, but we didn't mind as this helped to keep the room cool. Room was a bit dated, but clean with linen being changed every other day(except suns). Only gripe would be cost of aircon.
Our room was close to the new pool & baby pool, which my kids loved. The first week we had no problem getting sunbeds round the pools but going into the second week found it harder with more and more people putting their towels out earlier. Although additional beds did appear.
Facilities at Matina were great for the kids, they had the TC kids club, well equipped playground and games room, they also loved the go-carts next door.
I can genuinely say we never had a bad meal in our 2 week stay in Pefkos, a few favourites were Enigma, Meltima, Red Dragon, Alexandras.
We tended to go to bars with kids play areas - where we could relax and have a drink while the kids made new friends and played safely - Jasmine Cafe Bar & Armonia (which also had free wi-fi) were a couple of favourites.
Staff at Matina were all extremely polite and friendly and would go out of their way to help you have a most enjoyable holiday.
All-in-all we could not fault the Matina and will certainly make a return visit soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 50 metres from Pefkos main beach, the Matina hotel is the perfect location for a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday. The peaceful location and the friendly, fun atmosphere appeal to all types of guests, from families to couples and everything in between. Most importantly, we, the management and all staff at the hotel will do our very best to ensure the only thought in your mind when leaving the hotel is the idea of coming back again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Matina Pefkos Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel Pefkos
- Matina Pefkos Aparthotel Rhodes