“Modern, clean and quiet”
Review of The Nunnery

and 1 more site!
The Nunnery
Ranked #1 of 4 Te Aroha B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Really lovely place to stay, with beautifully renovated rooms and all the mod-cons. It's in a very quiet area too, and just a short walk away from the main street and mineral spas. We stayed in the ensuite room and would highly recommend it. Thanks for having us!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen W
There are newer reviews for The Nunnery

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The nunnery is situated close to the rail trail, so perfect after lugging children and gear from Waihi. Very clean and well presented, would definitely stay there again. Loved the price, best value for money for a family of 5.

Room Tip: Hire the room with the ensuite, if you want privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TildaSwinton
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed 3 nights here, I was spoilt with the first two nights being the only guest and having the place to myself. I biked the rail trail so its a perfect location for this. It was extremely clean, my towels got changed each day, and new soap. My only complaint is that on the last night, four other people arrived, and my room was in the middle of the other two, the walls are very thin and you hear all conversations and noise. The shower had great hot water and good pressure, their is just a bit of a queue to use the shower, as their is only one. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in the king suite. It is right near the end of the Hauraki rail cycling trail, so was perfect for our trip. The whole place was immaculate and sumptuous. Price was $208 for 2 nights.

In the room was a T.v., microwave, toaster, air-conditioning, fridge, plus private bathroom. The guest lounge was very nice and also had an electric frying pan that worked well; although a second hotplate would have been welcome.

Owner friendly but unobtrusive.

I would happily go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed for one night at The Nunnery as I was down there for a birthday, travelling solo and it was recommended by a friend of mine.
I chose the Pohutukawa Suite as it had its own ensuite and was perfect for my needs.
Firstly the suite is situated where the morning sun comes in so is lovely and warm during the day, and the room does come with a heat pump for the cold winter nights.
Though its not large it's nice and cosy for two people has a small kitchenette with coffee/tea/sugar also a fridge/toaster/microwave/jug and kitchen utensils and a built in small table with two chairs. It has a flat screen tv on the wall and a clothing rack with hangers to hang your clothes on.
Nice clean ensuite,
Bed is really comfy and the suite itself is tastefully decorated. Unfortunately I did not get to see the rest of The Nunnery as I was out most of the time but the location is great as it is away from main road so it nice and quiet, and just a few minutes walk to town where there are cafes if you want to eat out.
There is also an allocated parking space right outside the suite door.
Lastly this place is absolutely great value for money! I will definitely come back and stay in the Pohutukawa Suite when I visit again. Thanks Paul and Denise

Room Tip: Pohutukawa Suite - away from the main part for some privacy and has an ensuite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I often think of writing reviews on various places I stay in but never quite get around to doing it but this time I must. The Nunnery is the most comfortable place to stay and excellent value for money. It was a welcome haven to come to after cycling the 21kms from Paeroa. The kitchen/dining/lounge, although not overly roomy, is beautifully decorated and fairly well equipped. Showers were great with plenty of hot water and the hosts were most welcoming. I would recommend The Nunnery to anyone wanting accommodation in Te Aroha. I can't think of many places receiving 5 stars on all counts.

Room Tip: I had Room 1 and my friend had Room 2 which was very comfortable with its own handbasin and a nice t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Our group of 14 stayed here after finishing the Hauraki Rail Trial. The place was incredibly clean and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms were spacious and all 14 of us fitted in beautifully. Paul and Denise very great hosts and even came out to dinner with us! We chose The Nunnery because we liked the idea of the communal deck and lounge for a group. The lounge also had tea / toast / cooking facilities and a fridge so those who wanted could also have breakfast.

Room Tip: The music room, which they allowed us to use because of our group size, was beautiful. Lovely bathro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TrippychickNZ

Been to The Nunnery? Share your experiences!