“Needs some work”

Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Hastings
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Benvenuti a Mama Mia!This little nest of Italian delight based on the south coast of Barbados is a favourite with both locals and tourists alike. Mama Mia provides an intimate and authentic slice of Italian heaven right here in Barbados.Upon entering our restaurant you are greeted by Mama Giuse who welcomes you to her home away from home. You can then head straight to each food station and choose from either our paninis, salads or our hot food specials which change daily. If you fancy something extra special then you may want to try our pizza station equipped with a traditional Italian pizza oven!Our lovely staff will take your order and you can sit down and relax. You can settle your bill later. Mama wants to make sure that first and foremost you are enjoying yourself and her food.In a rush? Then feel free to give us a call and we will prepare food for you to collect to take with you! However you choose to enjoy Mama Mia's restaurant, we know you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The décor is damp as can the staff be also until they warm to you - try the Antipasti starter and the pasta dishes are pretty good but its not the Ritz...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to this restaurant as it was rated 4 stars...what a let down. All three diners agreed that their dishes ranged 1 star for catch of the day - Mahi mahi...tasted stale, spaghetti w muscles 2 stars and penne pasta with canned tomato sauce and cheese was 2-3 star. I told the server that we do not want beacon in the penne...well as I started to eat chunks of beacon became obvious. We told him that i ordered without beacon ..oh sorry, I hope it was not bad...really....

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious pizza. Amazing service. Reasonable pricing. If you're vegetarian like me, this is definitely a good place to visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined here last night, and it was fantastic from start to finish. Great service, food and atmosphere. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Had this been my 1st visit to this restaurant, I would never have gone back and I have to say the visit tonight has put me off going again in the future.
I have been here several times in the past and always loved the place. The food, the service, the atmosphere...everything has always been spot on. Most recently we went for lunch last week and the pizza and Greek salad were gorgeous. This is the only reason I’m giving 2 stars instead of 1 for tonight’s experience.
I don’t know what went wrong with the service...it was very busy and we’re used to Barbados time but it was more than/worse than the norm. Our food order was taken and everybody’s mains were brought at different times. There was a 15 minute wait between the 1st meal being brought and the last one, so one person had almost finished their meal before another had started theirs. There was an American gentleman, (I use the term loosely), serving, who sounded and acted as if he was bored and we were an inconvenience rather than customers. Extremely arrogant, abrupt and rude. Rattling off the desserts, then walking away mid sentence and telling somebody else how to go to pay at the front with their card before he’d finished speaking to us. Almost throwing the desserts down...never known anything like it!
The actual food, (apart from the pizza),was mediocre at best. The chicken dish I had made no mention of it being breadcrumb coated on the menu. I have stomach problems and suffer badly if I have anything breadcrumb coated and wouldn’t have ordered it had I known. The fish dish had a few tiny pieces of fish in it and the rest was made up of vegetables. The spice was so overpowering it overwhelmed the taste of the tiny amount of fish there was and the pasta had only a couple of pieces of chicken in it. The service charge was already on the bill, which is terrible considering the level of service provided.
It’s a real shame as had I been asked about the place before tonight, I would definitely have recommended it, now I most definitely wouldn’t.

1  Thank Badness