We have just returned from a marvellous stay at Savannah Beach and lucky to be amongst the first guests after a new management team has taken over and refurbished the hotel.
Initially we were sceptical due to the earlier poor reviews but this hotel seems to have been transformed and the staff are some of the friendliest I have experienced. Unlike previous reviewers, we found the food very good at both the resturant and the beach bar and our experience of the service was good, if occasionally a little disorganised in a charming sort of Bajan way. As we were fully inclusive, I can't comment on cost as we didn't have to pay a cent for any of our food or drinks for the whole stay. The rooms were spacious, the king size beds comfortable and rooms were kept spotlessly clean.
I've not given it 5 stars as there were a couple of problems which other reviewers have also mentioned. One was a plumbing problem that flooded one of our rooms and the other was lack of a functioning safe. To their credit, as soon as the problem was reported, the management immediately got a team of plumbers and cleaners to sort everything which was done well and promptly.
The beach directly in front of the hotel is probably not the best for smaller kids as it is rocky in the shallows but it's absolutely fine for sun lounging and has the benefit of natural shade from trees on the beach. Within 2-3 minutes walk along the beach in either direction there are sandy bathing areas and a good surfing spot too. At the adjacent hotel (Amaryllis) it was possible to hire snorkelling kit for US $10 and different surf boards from between US $10-40 a day.
The hotel provided a free shuttle every 2 hours to the Copacabana cafe on neighbouring Carlisle Bay where it is possible to snorkel or scuba dive on wrecks with turtles in the marine park just off the beach. Again all the food, drinks, sunloungers and umbrellas were free to all inclusive guests as they are part of the same hotel group as Savannah Beach.
All in all we had a great stay and thoroughly enjoyed the company of the other guests who felt like old friends by the time we left. I'm happy to recommend the hotel to people who want a laid back vacation in a beautiful location but are happy to accept that things sometimes don't always go exactly to plan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, TravelUp, Southall Travel, HRS, Kognitiv US Corp, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings