For a lovely Birthday in Barbados... It was fantastic. Its my second solo visit to the Hotel but from the moment I arrive and saw the lovely Susan in recepton it was stress free heaven.!
I am a beach girl at heart and although the beach is a little rocky I still loved looking at the fish
and some guests saw whales out at sea my vison not so good. I snorkelled with the turtles wiv Neville at Carlisle Bay and it was wonderful. I also had a nice walk to the Hilton and saw baby turtles being rescued...
The food in Rachels was excellent please thank the chef Henderson he came out and talked to guests and I told him that I missed the Banana and ginger pancakes on the menu and he offered to make it for me before I left !! how lovely is that!! however after I tasted the Wild Berries and lemon mascapone in ginger basket this was my fave dessert!!!
Of course a long lazy breakfast was my favourite as I don't get time at home - always dashing out to work ... the staff kept me topped up with twinnngs tea.
The entertainment was great I loved the Tropicana show with the bajan dancers and the limbo...
All in all I had a wonderful time thank you to all the staff and the Manager who I didnt meet in December I think the problem with the bad reviews is that some people have booked rooms in the old plantation house through their travel agents... if you book direct with Virgin you get the Courtyard Deluxe rooms - so relaxing.
There are over places in the caribbean I want to visit ... but I know I would miss the Savannah beach and lovely staff. If you come on you own you wont feel lonely here... I met some lovely guests ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Kognitiv US Corp, Hotel.de, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings