Please note that this review is only of the hotel and its facilities, not the rep, trips, airport or island. If you would like any information about these things, please contact me directly and I will be happy to help.
The trips we went on are: Atlantis Submarine (day), Atlantis Submarine (night), Island 4x4 safari, Powerboat adventure.
The check in to the hotel was easy enough and we were shown to our room. Our bags arrived instantly. We had just booked the standard kingsized court yard rooms. The room was very comfortable both in terms of the bed and the sofa that was also in there. The wardrobe is large enough and there are lots of drawers for storage. A fridge, kettle and ice bucket are also available. The balcony is of a large size and has very comfortable furniture, power sockets and a towel rail.
Rachel’s is your option for breakfast every day and is buffet style. There is the usual array of fruit, cold meat as a continental breakfast, or help yourself to bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans, potatoes etc. If none of that is what you are looking for there are cereals, juice, and an egg station where you can request omelettes, poached, fried or boiled eggs which are cooked to your liking.
Drifter’s is your option for lunch every day and is also buffet style. There are many foods on offer which vary every day and there is more than enough choice to keep anyone happy. There are always hot dogs, burgers, French fries, soup and plenty of salad available.
For your evening meal, you can choose either Drifter’s or Rachel’s. Rachels is either buffet or A La Carte depending on the day. Once again, there is always plenty of different choices for the buffet option. The a La Carte menu varies but there is plenty of choice to suit everyone. Drifter’s is buffet in the evening and there is plenty to choose from.
The staff in the hotel are always very friendly and will always speak, special mentions are for:
Tracia – Food and Beverages Manager
Tyrone – Restaurant Manager
Nicholas – Reception
Keitha – Waitress/Bar staff
The Sun Bed man
The staff in the hotel work very hard and if you tell them about a complaint, they will address it very quickly. For example, our air conditioning stopped working one day. I mentioned it to reception, they got the maintenance man in who identified that it could not be fixed that day and we were moved to another room the same day.
There is entertainment available most nights in the bar, but it finishes at around 10:30pm. The entertainment is of a good standard and is just the right level for the hotel. Do not expect massive discos or the pyramid stage from Glastonbury.
The beech is a very relaxing place to lie, a light breeze will keep the temperatures to a reasonable level. If you are lucky you will sometimes see turtles popping their heads above the water to grab some air before diving down again. The sea infront of the hotel has a reef so is very rocky – you will need beach/sea shoes. Some people do not like this but the water is very shallow and has an amazing amount of animals such as puffa fish, sea snails, muddy eels. It is fantastic for snorkelling despite only being knee deep.
The sunbeds are very comfortable for chilling out on and soaking up the rays. Beech towels are provided in the rooms (1 per guest) and are changed on given days.
I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel. It is a small compact hotel with a fair few stairs but is a lovely place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings