We stayed at the Savannah hotel for 2 weeks in June. The hotel is small and just perfect, we had a lovely welcome off front desk and a rum cocktail upon arrival.
Heather the rep is lovely and very knowledgable about the island and will help you with anything if she can.
We were a little disappointed unable to use the beach to swim as a mass wall of seaweed descended making it Impossible to use. I understand this is not the hotels fault but after speaking to locals who say it happens most June s i feel Virgin Holidays should make customers aware ! The hotel has a free bus on wednesdays and Thursdays to another beach also carlisle bay is a 10 min stroll away.
The rooms are lovely and clean with a huge four poster bed and flat screen telly , our house keeper Janelle was so friendly and happy. The rooms are cleaned daily with linen and towels changed every other day , beach towels are also provided.
We mainly ate in Drifters which had a good variety of dishes we found something to eat every day, the only thing were the birds flying around the restaurant happily coming to your plate whilst you were eating really annoying ! also bird droppings on the chairs not very nice whilst your eating!
The staff tried their best to move the birds along but i feel something more appropriate needs doing!
Rachel's restaurant was lovely we had buffet and al a carte meals there the food was delicious and the cocktails aplenty .
The Bajan locals are very friendly and we felt it was safe to leave the hotel and do a little shopping in Bridgetown a taxi will cost you $20bajan (£6ish) or a local reggae bus is $2 bajan or $1us dollar definitely worth a day out to Bridgetown . Whilst your there go to Carlisle Bay beach do a bit of snorkelling see some turtles and coral just stunning .
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Savannah and we would go back again it really was a fab holiday. Also thanks to richard and David for keeping the drinks flowing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Hotel.de, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings