We stayed at the Savannah beach hotel 7th-21st July 2014, we stayed for two weeks. The hotel is very clean and the rooms very comfortable. We had room 367 which was a pool view room and you could also see the beach from our balcony.
We had read lots of very good reviews before we booked our holiday but feel that we could have easily been in a different hotel when it came to the reviews about the staff. We felt that if you upgraded to a blue band (this is a club upgrade which you pay extra for) which gives you little extras, you receive better attention from staff and they are much more friendlier towards those guests. Most of the staff are miserable in the restaurants and the bars. One thing that annoyed us was that you had to stand and wait to be told where to sit to eat but the staff would see you waiting to be seated and they would ignore you for a while then finally come over and direct you to a table. We have never known this before in any of the hotels we have stayed at in the past on various Caribbean Islands. At Drifters you can eat lunch and dinner at night. All the plates and dishes are plastic as are the glasses!! There is not a great choice of food but there is always something you can find to eat but it does get repetitive after two weeks. We were quite shocked at how small the restaurants were. The best bar is the one off Rachel's restaurant, the cocktails are very good but at Drifters bar the cocktails all taste the same. It's as if the bar staff do not know how to mix them properly. The entertainment is not very good either, some of it was ok. It is mostly singers.
The beach is nice but very shady in places. Plenty of sun loungers though. There is dead coral which makes it difficult to get into the sea without sea shoes. We felt that this would be better removed and this would make the beach much nicer. It also gets quiet smelly when it is exposed when the tide is out.
We did the submarine trip which was excellent. You dive to 150 feet and watch for the fish etc and you also see a ship wreck.
On the whole we had a relaxing holiday but a smile once in a while from staff would have made us feel much more welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, TravelUp, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings