You work hard all year, save hard all year then WHAM you get introduced to the Plantation Room. Jeez, these rooms are not fit for purpose. No outside space so were do you put your wet clothes and towels from beach to dry. Also we overlooked were the bins get noisily emptied at 5 o'clock in the morning. Plus you get the noise of the main road. After complaining we were moved the next day thanks to Trisha the operations manager at no extra charge even though we would have paid to move. Our new room was brill, poolside in the Emerald block. I am surprised that Virgin let their customers stay in these rooms.
The beach in front of the Hotel has a reef in front so is very rocky so you need the beach shoes to walk out. But you can walk left or right for five to ten minutes were there is no reef so you can walk out and swim properly. You do not even have to get up early for beds as there are plenty.
Chopsticks noodle bar is the best place to eat in the hotel but is not open every day. The food is really tasty and cooked freshly in front of you
There is a good selection in Rachel's were you go for your breakfast. Omelettes, fried / poached / boiled eggs all cooked in front of you. Cereals , toast, jams , croissant etc. Rachel's is were you go for the A la Carte dining which is good also.
Drifters is the Beach / Pool bar were you eat every dinner time and some evenings all buffet style. Dinner time you get Burgers, Pizzas, Tacos, fries. All desserts were very good across the hotel. Birds are a pain, if you both had your food on the table you both couldn't move and leave the table as the birds would take your food.
Entertainment poor only saw three good acts in two weeks
This Hotel ideal to see the turtles nest which we seen and also hatch which we missed.
Staff very friendly and helpful couldn't praise them enough. Espically the management who sorted my room out. We had a great time once we settled into our new room.
Don't book this holiday early as you pay top price as I found out . If you can hang on till about 2 months before you go you can save a fortune
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings