“Another great holiday”

Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Well Dec 2nd we arrived at our hotel and its so nice that everyone remembers you when you consider how many faces they must deal with throughout the year. We again booked the apartments across the road next to the Blue Room (how convenient) The apartment works well for us as we need to separate bedrooms. Everything was clean and tidy and very comfortable just as before. The food in there main restaurant was very good and all the evening meals that we took in the Blue Room very good as well. All the staff we as friendly as every and would help whenever they can. Met up with Antonio down in the beach bar again and he really does do a great job down there (hope he enjoyed the car mags I left him). I also have to mention the gorgeous receptionist (Not sure of her name but I think it was Jamelia or something similar) god she is nice!. Anyway off subject, if you would like to visit Barbados and stay at a family run very friendly hotel right on the beach then this is it. Go on book it you will love it. Thanks to everyone there and look forward to seeing you all in about 10 months or so.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Phil M

Reviewed 15 January 2014

It really did feel like a great family run hotel , you certainly wouldn't get the owners of the big corporate chains welcoming you with a cocktail party and telling you about the great things to do on the island . first time to this hotel and will sure be back . all staff so friendly and reading other reviews about noise the only thing that we were woken by is the sound of the sea in the morning which I don't think is a bad thing! would recommend half board as didn't ever get bored of the choice , yes breakfast can be a little different each morning but that can be a good thing . beach bar was great just to chill out at and beach you could not fault . happy hours twice a day great and so cheap!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lee g
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Friend, thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased that you had a lovely holiday with us. We truly are a family owned and operated hotel and our weekly Rum Punch Party on Monday nights is a great way for us to meet and mingle with our guests. I look forward to it as I really enjoy chatting with everybody. Please come back and see us again soon.
Best wishes, Linda, Jason, Mark and your friends at Coconut Court!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here for three nights after one week at the Crane. There is a contrast.

Front office was fine, friendly and efficient.
The sea view room was OK with balcony, safe, shower room (no bath) and cooking facilities. It could be noisy at night, particulalrly Saturday when the Blue Room played music loud, late.
The beach was fine, no umbrellas but plenty of tress to give some shade.
Evening meals seemed to be all buffets (weonly had one) and the christmas buffet on sunday after christmas was very nice.
Lunch was fine, snacky but no compaints.
Breakfast was a mess, limited continetal choices with a scramble for toast. Staff were not overly aware of anyone who wanted to order hot food.
Location is OK, close to Garison Savannah and the boadwalk and a short taxi to the Worthing, the Gap or the Hilton.
Would look for somewhere else because of the noise at night.

2  Thank JohnCamberleyUK
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I returned to Barbados to visit friends who I'd not seen in 10 years. I know the island very well as I used to be on Barbados an awful lot back then. Rather than staying with friends I thought I'd treat myself to a hotel and chose Coconut Court after a friend in Barbados suggested it saying that it was family run. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming and the setting is beautiful. The beach is just gorgeous; quiet, white sand, calm sea. There is also a nice fresh water swimming pool and a lovely beach bar. As with all beaches in Barbados it is a public beach and I did find that people were coming from other hotels to use it which would be fine if they weren't taking the sun loungers. The beach is big enough that you can find a bit where nobody is right next to you too which I loved. Added bonus of free wifi on the beach!

My room, while very clean (the cleaners were great) seemed rather basic. I was disheartened that there was no stove in the room given that there was a big fridge, microwave and toaster. I was keen to buy fruit and veg and make my own breakfast (as I did not do all inclusive) but I couldn't even boil an egg which was disappointing. Some of the rooms do have stoves though...I'm not sure if the price alters if you get one. The bed was comfy, the balcony lovely. My wifi in the room was also not great...it constantly cut out and it was better on the beach.

I only ate in the restaurant once and had a couple of flying fish cutters from the beach bar. Prices are fairly steep as with most restaurants on the island. The one morning I paid for breakfast I was disappointed with the lack of fruit. The continental buffet is sold as 'fresh fruit, pastries, toast etc' but there were just apples and oranges...no paw paw or pineapple like I was hoping for given being on Barbados and the pastries were all really sweet cakes etc not croissant. I am not somebody who needs to keep going back or indeed eat a giant amount of food so I was frustrated that it was so expensive to just buy for example eggs on toast. Similarly, one night I paid for an evening meal (the evening meals are always buffets) and it would have been nice to have the option of just paying for a plate of food rather than paying a rather large amount for the all you can eat...because I only wanted one plate of food.

The location is great; yummy Mama Mia Italian restaurant is across the street, Mojos nearby, St Lawrence Gap pretty close and Big Bs supermarket nearby too.

Over all though, I would definitely return to Coconut Court and have recommended it to others. I would just make sure I got a room with a stove!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a stove in the newer rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Jesseecar
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was our fifth stay at Coconut Court and as usual we really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and hospitality of the staff. The hotel is located on a beautiful beach with the natural shade of palm trees and a protected swimming area. The beach is situated just west of the South Coast boardwalk, and beach walks in either direction are enjoyable. As usual we requested an upper story room for the best view of the beach below and the stunning sunsets. We have always been struck by the friendliness of the folks who live in Barbados, and the staff at Coconut Court is no exception. They will go out of their way to accommodate you and to be sure your stay is a pleasant one. Our room was large and airy with sea breezes and no insects, which meant that we could open the doors to our balcony and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean. As a result, we rarely used the air conditioning. Though this is an older property the staff keeps it very clean and our room had been recently renovated. The hotel is located, as are most of the other South Coast resorts, on the main road leading from Bridgetown at least as far as Oistins, with the result that while you can hear traffic you are steps away from access to the municipal bus service and the even more fun independent mini vans that will take you to the many restaurants and other locations along the cost for a fare of only $2.00. You are also only a ten minute walk from Garrison Savannah, site of horse racing, the changing of the guard at the old Barracks, and the historic house occupied by George Washington during his stay in Barbados as a young man (the latter offering historic dinners on Monday nights). The hotel offers a minimalist continental breakfast each morning in the open air dining room just off the beach, though more substantial fare is available at charge. On previous visits we enjoyed several dinners in the hotel dining room and found the food to be very good. However, during the week we were there most recently (Christmas to New Years) they offered a different menu focus each night (i.e., "BBQ night", "curry night", etc.) and did not offer the regular menu, which we thought was a shame and was hopefully only due to the holidays. The tiny beach bar provides refreshment along with the larger bar adjacent to the restaurant, and two for one "happy hours" seem to be frequent. The guests at Coconut Court are a very international crowd, and you may hear several languages spoken during your stay. This is a nice chance to get to know people from all over the world. While families with children are present, they seem to be in the minority, and the vast majority of guests on the beach are adults. In fact, there is a lack of activities for children compared to other resorts, and this makes for a more adult crowd. While we always enjoy staying in a fourth floor room because of the view, you don't have to go that high to have a wonderful view, and you might want to consider the fact that there are no elevators. All in all Coconut Court Beach Hotel is an affordable, friendly, clean hotel on a beautiful beach and within easy reach of the many attractions of the South Coast. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you are OK with no elevators, the fourth floor rooms offer the best view, especially the sunsets...
7  Thank james V
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel for 7 days prior to taking a cruise. It is a family run concern and has recently been refurbished. We had a lovely twin-bedded room with a balcony and an idyllic view overlooking the beach, palms and turquoise sea which was very comfortable – fridge, microwave and kitchen utensils also provided so that you can make your own snacks if you want. The staff were extremely helpful with support and advice whenever required, even late at night. A delightful array of birds visited around our balcony and the surrounding trees and they even pop into the breakfast room from time to time as there is no glass in the windows. After breakfast, we used to wander a few yards onto the beach for an hour’s swim and sunbathe on loungers before deciding what to do with the rest of our day. Minibuses pass by the front of the hotel every few minutes and will take you up and down the west and south coast for just 2 BD$. We thought the hotel was very good value for money and we would definitely stay there again. My only complaint – the pillows were rather lumpy!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank HelenD0rset
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I can't be too hard on this hotel as the hotel works for most. On the plus side the rooms are airy,clean and fairly big although some are a bit dated.The beach and trees (for shade) are perfect with a gentle breeze. The air con, room safe and fast wi-fi are all free so that's another few pluses. On the downside the sunbeds are in need of repair or renewing, the food isn't great although the beach bar is well run by Antonio and the food from there is good. Plenty of happy hours in the hotel and blue room bar. Another plus. But the one and only reason I wouldn't return is the traffic noise. It is very annoying starting about 0630 or sooner with the vans using their musical horns. Not the fault of the hotel, just sayin. Maybe spread the word to the van drivers to leave the beeping until at least 8ish.

8  Thank chrsbol
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Friend, thank you very much for taking a few minutes to post this review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our large, clean guest rooms and lovely beach. We also take pride in offering free high speed WIFI, electronic in-room safes and individually controlled air conditioning.

We received a delivery of 50 new sunbeds over the Christmas holidays and we are cleaning and repairing those remaining ones that are in good condition. Thanks for mentioning our lively beach bar and of course, Antonio - no holiday at Coconut Court would be complete without several happy hours at the beach bar in his company. The hotel kitchen serves food for both the beach bar and the main dining room so I apologise if you found one to be better than the other. We are always striving to offer consistent food and service in both outlets. ☺

I am really sorry that you had some issues with noise. Coconut Court is located directly on the beach in the heart of the South Coast with everything that you need (shops, restaurants, bank, supermarket etc) virtually on your door step so unfortunately, a little noise comes along with the territory.

If you change your mind and decide to return to stay with us in the future please consider reserving an Ocean View Studio, Ocean Front Room or a Superior Ocean Front Room - all of these rooms are equipped with laminated glass windows and doors - specifically designed to reduce noise from outside and also to withstand high winds and inclement weather.

We sincerely wish you and your family a wonderful 2014 filled with love, peace, happiness and good health. Thank you for staying with us recently, we appreciate your business.

Best wishes, Linda, Jason, Mark and your friends and family at Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Yellow Bird Hotel
Butterfly Beach Hotel
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#24 of 51 in Christ Church Parish

Been to Coconut Court Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!