“NOISE NOISE NOISE!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hastings
Finland
“NOISE NOISE NOISE!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I cannot understand why this hotel has got so good reviews so far. And no one has mentioned the biggest problem we had, the NOISE! There is very busy road right next to this hotel and hotel doors are very thin and offer no insulation. The local buses and mini buses start their traffic 5 am with blowing their horns whenever they see people, and that is often. All that and other traffic sounds like they are going through your room. I was not able to sleep at all without ear plugs, which I hate to wear.
The room itself is spacious and quite clean. Very basic furniture but enough space to put your things into. The closet has enough hangers and there are several drawers as well. There is ironing board in the room and some kitchen equipment, microwave and small grill plus water heater. These come handy because you do not want to go down for the breakfast even it is included in the price since it is nonexistent. The continental breakfast contains only some stale pastries and toast with nothing else to go with but butter and jam. Almost forgot, they do have porridge there as well and rumor said that some mornings there were even bananas.
Best feature in this hotel is the beach. It is pretty, quiet and quiet clean. There is something to see when snorkeling as well. Access to beach is not so easy if your room is in higher floors, there are plenty of steps to climb up and down.
Second best thing is the activity desk and lady there, Vaida. (Regards to you from Finland). She has plenty of knowledge of things to do and who to get around.
The staff in this hotel are quiet ignorant and uncaring. For example we ordered wake-up call, it never came and no explanation was given. One day I asked at 16:00 why the room was not cleaned and reason was the we had “do not disturb” sign on the door. That was true, it was there until 11:30 after which the cleaner saw us leaving the room and taking it away. I think the rooms should be cleaned even if you cannot do it in your normal order.
Access to city and other parts of south part of the island is easy with plenty of busses available. Hotel says that they are located in “restaurant area” but I would not say so. There are about 4 restaurants in walking distance (10 min) and several fast food places. But with the busses it is easy to get to other places too.
Go to this hotel only if you do not mind the noise and you are looking for very simple hotel with huge amount of stairs.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms with pool access are bit more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ova2016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had such a nice time the first time we stayed at the Coconut Court that we decided to stay there again this year which is something we never usually do. We had one of the updated rooms which was worth the extra cost. The bathroom with its large shower was great. There was complementary shower gel and liquid soap. We were on the 3rd floor in a corner room which had lovely sea views. The room was always well cleaned but my only moan there was that is was usually so late in the afternoon it often coincided with having our lunch which we liked to have on the balcony each day. Unfortunately there was a lot of rain during our 2nd week. I have heard it called liquid sunshine but I can only think of it as rain. I have read how some people find the birds annoying whilst eating breakfast but they really are not that bad at all. My one disappointment was the day trip to the caves. The caves were lovely and there appeared to be lovely gardens there and locals selling their crafts but the trip did not allow you time to have a look around and as soon as the cave viewing was over the driver wanted you back in the minibus and back to the hotel. I would rather have booked a taxi and taken my time to enjoy the area it would have cost very little extra. We ate most nights at the Blue rooms over the road from the hotel the food was always very nice and cheaper than in the hotel which was usually buffet style which we did have twice and it was also very nice. We did eat one night at Tapas which was lovely and a reasonable price. The reef just off the beach was great with lots of different fish plus octopus eels etc. The best time was early morning I went at 7.30 - 8.00 am I was often on my own out there the water was warm it was just perfect. All staff were very polite and helpful. A worth while visit is to the Graham Hall sanctuary. It is part closed but the part that is open is lovely there is a cafe there and entry is free. The monkey park is lovely with feeding at 2pm every day which shouldnt be missed. The flower is also very nice. Please do not take any notice of the bad reviews of this hotel. It is a very nice 3* at a reasonable price in a beautiful location.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have an updated room on a high floor.
1 Thank paulaNorfolk
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We've just returned from a weeks stay at the Coconut Court following a weeks cruise around the southern Caribbean. We loved the hotel and especially the beach which has lovely soft sand and lots of shade under the trees. We never had a problem finding a sunbed or shade.
Like a lot of guest our highlight was to watch the brilliant Antonio serve drinks at the beach bar especially at happy hour--unbelievable speed and efficiency and all done with a big smile.
The room was bigger than we expected and was clean and comfortable--free safe and a fridge included.
We ate twice at the Deck Restaurant---buffet style and although we would have preferred to order what we like off a menu the buffet food was good. There are two restaurants opposite--Mamma Mia which serves Italian food and the Blue Room which has burgers etc. About 5 minute walk north away is the 39 Steps restaurant which was excellent, but you need to book in advance.
It was my wife's birthday while there and I attempted to buy a surprise bottle of champagne but surprisingly they don't sell any champagne or sparkling wine.
Overall we were pleased with the hotel and would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Suggest you ask for a high room to get the best view of the beach and ocean
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MendoncaLondon
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

There is an amazing young man that works the Beach Bar.
For the 2nd year in a row my wife and I were amazed to watch Antonio work. Often very crowded the Beach Bar Antonio seems to thrive with the amount that he does. You often see him dashing down to a table to deliver food and drinks and the next second he is dashing back to the kitchen to place an order or pick it up, all the while he keeps everyone at the bar happy with drinks....and he performs all of this with a very big smile on his face and he has often taken time for a wave to us as we were seated in the restaurant.

this is the kind of experiences that make us return. already looking forward to 2015.

1 Thank Dean R
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

When I first arrived I was disappointed with the dated room. I paid for an upgrade. I was happy once I had settled into my new modern room looking directly over the pool and sea. Hotel was spotless. Lovely beach.. All reception staff were friendly and helpful, as were some of the restaurant staff! I met lots of lovely people from all over the world, plenty of solo travellers to chill out with... My favourite restaurant was Tapas, just a 10 minute walk. I would like the management to say ''hello from me to the wonderful security and maintenance men (Will Smith & Idris Elba) haha :) If I return it will be because they made me feel safe and very welcome!!! :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank myjugssmith8
Sauverny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from a 10 day stay at this hotel. We originally spent a couple of weeks there 5 years ago and decided to return to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms with a sea view, which are spacious and comfortable, kept spotlessly clean, with a good size balcony where we had our evening apero.
The hotel has now leased out the restaurant and the food in the deck restaurant has indeed improved although they could be a little more generous with the breakfast choices, the buffet is essentially toast and cakes with one or two fruits, the cooked menu is now on a pay basis - it would be nice to be offered at least eggs as part of the buffet.
The beach is gorgeous, well kept with plenty of shade from the trees and sun beds are always available. The beach bar is kept by the lovely Antonio, who is super efficient and charming despite having to cope with running it single handed. He and his colleague who replaces him some days, make delicious cocktails - their banana daiquiris are the best on the island - and the club sandwiches are very good.
There is live entertainment most evenings, the manager's cocktail parties on Monday evenings are a great success and nice way to meet other guests.
The staff at Coconut Court are friendly, helpful and polite - Margaret, Mark, all of the restaurant staff, the reception ladies and maintenance staff are all a credit to the hotel. We'll certainly be back on our next visit to Barbados.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SuperRuthie
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

chose this hotel based on other reviews and common themes.we were not disappointed.a 5 star location where accmodation is comfortable and clean and staff are friendly and courteous.other reviews list the facilities and location in great detail.we were first time visitors to Barbados and all I can add is give coconut court your holiday and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank alanromney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Hilton Barbados Resort
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#22 of 49 in Christ Church Parish
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,392 reviews

Been to Coconut Court Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!