I cannot understand why this hotel has got so good reviews so far. And no one has mentioned the biggest problem we had, the NOISE! There is very busy road right next to this hotel and hotel doors are very thin and offer no insulation. The local buses and mini buses start their traffic 5 am with blowing their horns whenever they see people, and that is often. All that and other traffic sounds like they are going through your room. I was not able to sleep at all without ear plugs, which I hate to wear.
The room itself is spacious and quite clean. Very basic furniture but enough space to put your things into. The closet has enough hangers and there are several drawers as well. There is ironing board in the room and some kitchen equipment, microwave and small grill plus water heater. These come handy because you do not want to go down for the breakfast even it is included in the price since it is nonexistent. The continental breakfast contains only some stale pastries and toast with nothing else to go with but butter and jam. Almost forgot, they do have porridge there as well and rumor said that some mornings there were even bananas.
Best feature in this hotel is the beach. It is pretty, quiet and quiet clean. There is something to see when snorkeling as well. Access to beach is not so easy if your room is in higher floors, there are plenty of steps to climb up and down.
Second best thing is the activity desk and lady there, Vaida. (Regards to you from Finland). She has plenty of knowledge of things to do and who to get around.
The staff in this hotel are quiet ignorant and uncaring. For example we ordered wake-up call, it never came and no explanation was given. One day I asked at 16:00 why the room was not cleaned and reason was the we had “do not disturb” sign on the door. That was true, it was there until 11:30 after which the cleaner saw us leaving the room and taking it away. I think the rooms should be cleaned even if you cannot do it in your normal order.
Access to city and other parts of south part of the island is easy with plenty of busses available. Hotel says that they are located in “restaurant area” but I would not say so. There are about 4 restaurants in walking distance (10 min) and several fast food places. But with the busses it is easy to get to other places too.
Go to this hotel only if you do not mind the noise and you are looking for very simple hotel with huge amount of stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned hotel located directly on a lovely beach, adjacent to the Boardwalk in the UNESCO district. Renovated in 2015 with 112 spacious ocean-facing studios equipped with efficient kitchenettes and free WIFI. Happy service and outstanding value with Free roundtrip airport transfers, Free bottle of Pirate Punch and Free shopping shuttle service to Bridgetown included. Book directly with the hotel and Free Continental breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag and Hotels.com so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings