I traveled with my husband and father to Barbados from 15-20 May 2014 for a family wedding. We chose to stay at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel because of it's proximity to the beach and to Bridgetown. The hotel also offers free one-way transport to the airport if you stay for 5 nights or more. We stayed in a Standard Room with two double beds. The room was on the top floor, which meant it had extra high ceilings and felt very spacious. It included a mini fridge, microwave, and silverware, but we did not use any of it. The balcony offered a beautiful view of the ocean. The beds were of decent comfort, offering a good night's sleep after a day at the beach.
The website accurately states that there is no elevator, so you have to carry your luggage up to your room. The staircases are not covered, so you may be climbing stairs in the hot sun or rain. However, we did not find this an inconvenience at all. We just made sure we carried my father's luggage for him.
The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Just be prepared to be on island time! Every good traveler must adapt their expectations to the local environment. They arranged for the hotel shuttle or a taxi to take us to Bridgetown, and to the wedding we attended. They answered all of our questions, and were also responsive to my email inquiries before we got there. There is a little gift shop in the lobby that sells toiletries and souvenirs at a decent price. You can enjoy the refreshing breeze off the nearby ocean in the open-aired restaurant, which serves good food. Breakfast is included in your stay, but it is not much of a breakfast at all. The spread included coffee, toast, watery juice, pastries, cold and hot cereal, and bananas. We ended up purchasing eggs, sausage, etc. everyday.
The hotel is right along it's own beach. The white sand is soft, and palm trees are sprinkled throughout the beach to offer the perfect amount of shade. Beach chairs are available in plentiful supply at no additional cost. You are issued one beach towel that you must return. If you need another towel, it costs $5. There is a little beach bar attached to the hotel and the bartender, Antonio, makes deliciously refreshing rum punches. The water was very shallow, but it's perfect for wading in and cooling off. Gazing at the turquiose water is the definition of relaxation.
For the price we paid, this was a great place to stay. I would not necessarily recommend this hotel for the elderly or anyone who requires handicap accommodations. However, it is family-friendly, and we would definitely return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings