“Wonderful Wonderful Place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Santa Neta Apartments
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed here for about 2 weeks in August and it was a fantastic accommodation!! Very clean, quiet, and a great location. The water is just across the street where you can take a stroll on the boardwalk. Accra Beach is a 5 minute walk. And everything you need is within walking distance - little grocery store, restaurants (TGIF), bars, and such. Plus, the bus system is so easy and cheap, you can get to St. Lawrence Gap in a little bus/van in 5 minutes, Oistins in 10 minutes, Bridgetown in 15 minutes. The bed is really comfortable and the kitchen has everything you need. The one thing that really stuck out to me that made this place 'excellent' rather than 'very good' was that Sandie didn't seem to "penny pinch" when it came to the quality of the apartment. In my experience, when we found good deals on accommodations, we get nice, clean places but sacrificed "better quality stuff" like good kitchenware, nice decoration, soft toilet paper, and such. But not at Santa Neta. I was impressed with the cute ambiance of the apartment, well decorated and kept, the kitchenware had everything you need and it was all good quality, and this may sound funny, but even the toilet paper was the better quality stuff! :) She also provides bath towels and beach towels. And a very helpful information handbook is in the apartment as well. There’s nothing negative to say about this place!

Room Tip: Stayed in the superior studio, apartment 1
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charmaine D

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here March 7-14 2012 and could not have been happier with our choice! Sandie was very helpful with the booking process and answered all my question immediatly. The apartment we stayed in was perfect for us. It has a great balcony that overlooks the ocean and we used it everyday. Kitchen has all the necessary elements although we didnt use them due to the wonderful food on the island! The apartment is in a great location with many restaurants and stores with-in walking distance. Bus stops very close as well. Just downstairs Alice serves fresh juice drinks, smoothies, and homemade breads/muffins..not to mention her welcoming smile!
Blakeys, across the street has wonderful food and nightly entertainment and just down the road Reggae Grill was 1 of our favorite places to eat (great food) and have a rum punch. The owner and his son are wonderful people and made us feel welcome and held great conversation.
For lunch Just Grillin' was suprisingly good!
Sunday reserve at Crystal Water for an outstanding BBQ on the beach along with live music and dancing!
We took a bus to Oistens on Friday night and had excellant food at Uncle Georgies!
We could not have had a better time than this trip was!
We did not want to leave Barbados! We have been to many islands and none were as enjoyable as Barbados!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jalama
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at Santa Neta after reading the reviews for Rose Bank. Unfortunately Rose Bank did not have the apartment that I was trying to book available, but I'm glad that they didn't. The location of the Santa Neta, directly across from the boardwalk was fantastic. My room had a view of the ocean! The room was very spacious and I loved the big shower. My only complaints are that the oven was showing some wear and the pans under the burners should have been replaced and the toilet could have been cleaned a little better prior to my arrival. But, Sandie was great! She called to make sure that I arrived safely and was comfortable. She even offered to bring me extra towels on her day off! Of course, I declined. The only location that I feel is better is right on the beach. But, this is much cheaper and all you have to do is cross a street. I would definitely recommend staying at the Santa Neta.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Alana33
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We chose this apartment due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor, so I'm adding another review. The apartment was clean and fresh in a great location overlooking the Hastings Rocks. Sandie was very helpful and just a phone call away. The kitchen had everything we needed in it. We stayed in apartment 3 which has the balcony at the front of the building. We had a great time! Thank you, Sandie, for providing such a lovely, clean, and affordable choice for accommodation in Barbados!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luvthesun78
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I need to start by saying that Sandie is great!

Before our arrival, she answered all of my annoying customer emails and gave me all of the details I needed to make an informed booking decision.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the airport as promised and taken to our room. I was amazed at how beautiful the decor was (even though I had already seen pictures). I have stayed in Barbados three times and this was by far the best accommodation. Everything is updated and very cozy.

Regarding the negative comments from the gentleman who didn't like the service fee:
I am also in customer service and you sir are the type of customer people ask not to return.
Sandie was more than happy to have our sheets and towels changed when we asked. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS ASK!

Sandie and Richard, thank you for offering such wonderful accommodation and thank you for keeping your rates affordable. We hope to return next May.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank candicetheresa
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have been going to Barbados since 1978 and when my husband and I planned a last minute trip in Feb 2010 we could not get our usual apartment. We discovered Santa Neta and we were so pleased with everything from the location to the service to the whole setup. We have since recommened this place to 4 other couples and stayed there again in Feb 2011 with 2 our couples, all these friends and family members of all ages did not have 1 negative thing to say about Santa Neta and are planning return visits. We are returning again in Feb 2012 with friends. Sandie is most accomadating, nothing is to much trouble as a matter of fact when my husband became ill last year she wanted to arrange for a doctor, the apartment is very well equipped, and every year Sandie addes extras ( this year a BBQ). In terms of the taxi fee, I think it is very reasonable, where can you go in Toronto for $30? After reading KONG's review we were very disapponted with his unfair comments, sounds like he was looking for something for nothing.
Santa Neta suits our travel needs to the tee, we love being able to get up in the morning make coffee look at the sea, then go across the road to the boardwalk and down to the beach. We love sitting on the patio at the end of the day for cocktails and either heading out to one of the many nearby restaurants or cooking our own dinner. Over all Santa Neta is great value and we feel right at home.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank stormbay_11
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This IS A FULLY SELF CATERING FACILITY. so I did not expect any service. but why was I charged a daily service fee? When I asked about this, I was told " all hotels in Barbados charge a service fee. That is true, but hotels clean,change linens, towels etc.etc. I stayed 5 nights here, I did not see or hear from anyone from management until the last I went over to Rosebank Apartments to meet Sandie to close my account.
Sandie also arranged for a taxi to meet me at the airport for which she quoted US$30.00. saying that it is the same fare charged by the taxis waiting outside the airport. This is not True. Waiting for my taxi I saw a sign board quoting rates for different areas of the city. My fare was Barbados $ 37.00 which is approximately US$19.00

So there was NO SERVICE for the fee charged
There was no client or customer relations
The room was very small, but clean, there was a raised nail head on the floor on which I scraped my feet
I slept on the same sheets for 5 days, used the same sheets for 5 days. I even took out the garbage. Yes I know it is "a fully self catering facility". But I was charged a daily service fee.

I have worked in the service industry for over 50 years,including banking,hotels & my own restaurants, so I should know about customer service, especilly when one is charged a fee for it. I also worked in Barbados for a number of months and have visited the island on numerous occasions, so I know it pretty well.

I moved to another lovely small apartment hotel close to St lawrence Gap & stayed with some people who really know about customer service, 6 more enjoyable days.No service fee was charged.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank The Kong
RosebankBarbados, Manager at Santa Neta Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

In response to this guests complaints :
On our website it is clearly stated that Santa Neta is a fully self catering facility and that housekeeping is provided WEEKLY, but can be provided more often upon request (there was no request)...please check reviews on sister property Rosebank Apartments, which is run by me in exactly the same way, to see guests changing towels etc every day with no problem. The rate quoted to the guest included service charge which covers reservations, housekeeing before and after the visit, linens etc.
I personally tried calling the guest several times...he admitted to hearing the phone ring but was going out so did not bother to answer. He had both Richard and my number in case of a problem and never called (I wish he had called especially about the nail which would have been dealt with immediately as maintenace is a top priority for us).
In an effort to keep our rates low for all of our guests, we do not have a 24 hour front desk but rather have a few office hours a day where guests needs are looked after daily, and for arrivals after this time we arrange a reliable and safe taxi with whom we can entrust both our keys and our guests (if we change this it would raise rates by an average of US$20 a night which no one wants). The taxi makes 2 trips to the apartments (one to collect the key and the other to deliver the guest...he is not just sitting around at the airport waiting..). The rate for this service is US$30 and guests are very happy to receive this service as he gives them a helpful tour of the area (shops, restaurants, beaches etc) in fact they use him for most of their transportation and tour needs during their visit (as did this guest).
It should be noted that when the guest checked out, he moved to 2 other hotels before he found one that suited his needs. He wanted a discounted rate and chose the service charge as his discount. He told me that if the rate was not discounted that he would write a bad review. To be honest I could have just given him his discount and let him move on, but I felt that our excellent reputation at both Santa Neta and Rosebank Apartments was strong enough to weather this bad review and hope that both our present and future guests agree with me.