“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Santa Neta Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Santa Neta Apartments
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have stayed at Rosebank and Santa Neta. They are a good location and cheap and overall not bad. However our room was dirty. There was dirt and grime all over the windows, the walls, the tv sockets and it could have done with a wipe down. We were only there for a few days. I politely told Sandie after our stay and was met with a long excuse as to how it was soot from a previous tenants mosquito coils and no apology. It clearly was just dirt. A simple apology would have done.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank TravelBugged77

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Antigua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed here for about 2 weeks in August and it was a fantastic accommodation!! Very clean, quiet, and a great location. The water is just across the street where you can take a stroll on the boardwalk. Accra Beach is a 5 minute walk. And everything you need is within walking distance - little grocery store, restaurants (TGIF), bars, and such. Plus, the bus system is so easy and cheap, you can get to St. Lawrence Gap in a little bus/van in 5 minutes, Oistins in 10 minutes, Bridgetown in 15 minutes. The bed is really comfortable and the kitchen has everything you need. The one thing that really stuck out to me that made this place 'excellent' rather than 'very good' was that Sandie didn't seem to "penny pinch" when it came to the quality of the apartment. In my experience, when we found good deals on accommodations, we get nice, clean places but sacrificed "better quality stuff" like good kitchenware, nice decoration, soft toilet paper, and such. But not at Santa Neta. I was impressed with the cute ambiance of the apartment, well decorated and kept, the kitchenware had everything you need and it was all good quality, and this may sound funny, but even the toilet paper was the better quality stuff! :) She also provides bath towels and beach towels. And a very helpful information handbook is in the apartment as well. There’s nothing negative to say about this place!

Room Tip: Stayed in the superior studio, apartment 1
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charmaine D
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here March 7-14 2012 and could not have been happier with our choice! Sandie was very helpful with the booking process and answered all my question immediatly. The apartment we stayed in was perfect for us. It has a great balcony that overlooks the ocean and we used it everyday. Kitchen has all the necessary elements although we didnt use them due to the wonderful food on the island! The apartment is in a great location with many restaurants and stores with-in walking distance. Bus stops very close as well. Just downstairs Alice serves fresh juice drinks, smoothies, and homemade breads/muffins..not to mention her welcoming smile!
Blakeys, across the street has wonderful food and nightly entertainment and just down the road Reggae Grill was 1 of our favorite places to eat (great food) and have a rum punch. The owner and his son are wonderful people and made us feel welcome and held great conversation.
For lunch Just Grillin' was suprisingly good!
Sunday reserve at Crystal Water for an outstanding BBQ on the beach along with live music and dancing!
We took a bus to Oistens on Friday night and had excellant food at Uncle Georgies!
We could not have had a better time than this trip was!
We did not want to leave Barbados! We have been to many islands and none were as enjoyable as Barbados!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jalama
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at Santa Neta after reading the reviews for Rose Bank. Unfortunately Rose Bank did not have the apartment that I was trying to book available, but I'm glad that they didn't. The location of the Santa Neta, directly across from the boardwalk was fantastic. My room had a view of the ocean! The room was very spacious and I loved the big shower. My only complaints are that the oven was showing some wear and the pans under the burners should have been replaced and the toilet could have been cleaned a little better prior to my arrival. But, Sandie was great! She called to make sure that I arrived safely and was comfortable. She even offered to bring me extra towels on her day off! Of course, I declined. The only location that I feel is better is right on the beach. But, this is much cheaper and all you have to do is cross a street. I would definitely recommend staying at the Santa Neta.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Alana33
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We chose this apartment due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor, so I'm adding another review. The apartment was clean and fresh in a great location overlooking the Hastings Rocks. Sandie was very helpful and just a phone call away. The kitchen had everything we needed in it. We stayed in apartment 3 which has the balcony at the front of the building. We had a great time! Thank you, Sandie, for providing such a lovely, clean, and affordable choice for accommodation in Barbados!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank luvthesun78
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I need to start by saying that Sandie is great!

Before our arrival, she answered all of my annoying customer emails and gave me all of the details I needed to make an informed booking decision.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the airport as promised and taken to our room. I was amazed at how beautiful the decor was (even though I had already seen pictures). I have stayed in Barbados three times and this was by far the best accommodation. Everything is updated and very cozy.

Regarding the negative comments from the gentleman who didn't like the service fee:
I am also in customer service and you sir are the type of customer people ask not to return.
Sandie was more than happy to have our sheets and towels changed when we asked. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS ASK!

Sandie and Richard, thank you for offering such wonderful accommodation and thank you for keeping your rates affordable. We hope to return next May.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank candicetheresa
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have been going to Barbados since 1978 and when my husband and I planned a last minute trip in Feb 2010 we could not get our usual apartment. We discovered Santa Neta and we were so pleased with everything from the location to the service to the whole setup. We have since recommened this place to 4 other couples and stayed there again in Feb 2011 with 2 our couples, all these friends and family members of all ages did not have 1 negative thing to say about Santa Neta and are planning return visits. We are returning again in Feb 2012 with friends. Sandie is most accomadating, nothing is to much trouble as a matter of fact when my husband became ill last year she wanted to arrange for a doctor, the apartment is very well equipped, and every year Sandie addes extras ( this year a BBQ). In terms of the taxi fee, I think it is very reasonable, where can you go in Toronto for $30? After reading KONG's review we were very disapponted with his unfair comments, sounds like he was looking for something for nothing.
Santa Neta suits our travel needs to the tee, we love being able to get up in the morning make coffee look at the sea, then go across the road to the boardwalk and down to the beach. We love sitting on the patio at the end of the day for cocktails and either heading out to one of the many nearby restaurants or cooking our own dinner. Over all Santa Neta is great value and we feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank stormbay_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hastings
Courtyard Bridgetown, Barbados

Been to Santa Neta Apartments? Share your experiences!