“Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Santa Neta Apartments
Halifax, Canada
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We lived at Santa Neta for just over three weeks, Feb.-Mar. 2014, and we recommend this place very, very highly. The apartment itself was clean and comfortable; the well-equipped kitchen solves the problem of high restaurant prices; Sandie is a wonderful person. The location is perfect: right across the road from the ocean, with the waves crashing ashore creating relaxing sounds all night and day; the nearest swimming beach (Accra/Rockley) just 10 minutes away; at least two excellent restaurants (Tapas, Blakey's) are less than 5 minutes away; and there's an OK grocery store-- reasonable selection of wine, too-- at Lantern Mall, across the road from Tapas. The oceanfront boardwalk, pleasant in itself, enhances access to all these places. Artsplash, the enterprise which controls the ground floor of the two-storey apartment building, sells coffee and a variety of fresh fruit juices, with tables and benches on the veranda facing that ocean. On that same veranda, a wonderful cook (I should say, chef; I think he trained in Switzerland) sells different, cooked, light meals four afternoons a week plus Saturday mornings, when a small, local market in the building's yard sells much of the food (we) needed to make (our) breakfasts each morning; all his food is good, especially his Saturday morning waffles, and all his meals are 100% gluten-free, which, if it matters to you, will matter a lot! (Even in Italy, the most gluten-aware country in which we've ever travelled, to have such meals available on the ground floor of one's own apartment would have been an excessive expectation!) There's a monthly concert at the bandstand directly across the road from Santa Neta, and, two or three times a week, if you listen carefully, you'll be able to hear the live music from Blakey's: mostly soft covers of classic rock, but, every two weeks, the vibrant Bajan, alternative band, Syndicate (If anybody has had any luck in finding a CD by that band, I wish they'd post that information!). Of course, some of these accompanying delights may, with time, change, but-- as so many other, glowing reviews testify-- the superb nature of these splendid apartments is what you are paying (a very moderate, entirely reasonable price) for, and you are getting a really good deal. To Sandie, Chris, R.C., Marcia, Alice, and everyone else: thank you for making our too-short vacation such a wonderful one!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank happycats2014

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have stayed at Rosebank and Santa Neta. They are a good location and cheap and overall not bad. However our room was dirty. There was dirt and grime all over the windows, the walls, the tv sockets and it could have done with a wipe down. We were only there for a few days. I politely told Sandie after our stay and was met with a long excuse as to how it was soot from a previous tenants mosquito coils and no apology. It clearly was just dirt. A simple apology would have done.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank TravelBugged77
Antigua
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed here for about 2 weeks in August and it was a fantastic accommodation!! Very clean, quiet, and a great location. The water is just across the street where you can take a stroll on the boardwalk. Accra Beach is a 5 minute walk. And everything you need is within walking distance - little grocery store, restaurants (TGIF), bars, and such. Plus, the bus system is so easy and cheap, you can get to St. Lawrence Gap in a little bus/van in 5 minutes, Oistins in 10 minutes, Bridgetown in 15 minutes. The bed is really comfortable and the kitchen has everything you need. The one thing that really stuck out to me that made this place 'excellent' rather than 'very good' was that Sandie didn't seem to "penny pinch" when it came to the quality of the apartment. In my experience, when we found good deals on accommodations, we get nice, clean places but sacrificed "better quality stuff" like good kitchenware, nice decoration, soft toilet paper, and such. But not at Santa Neta. I was impressed with the cute ambiance of the apartment, well decorated and kept, the kitchenware had everything you need and it was all good quality, and this may sound funny, but even the toilet paper was the better quality stuff! :) She also provides bath towels and beach towels. And a very helpful information handbook is in the apartment as well. There’s nothing negative to say about this place!

Room Tip: Stayed in the superior studio, apartment 1
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charmaine D
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here March 7-14 2012 and could not have been happier with our choice! Sandie was very helpful with the booking process and answered all my question immediatly. The apartment we stayed in was perfect for us. It has a great balcony that overlooks the ocean and we used it everyday. Kitchen has all the necessary elements although we didnt use them due to the wonderful food on the island! The apartment is in a great location with many restaurants and stores with-in walking distance. Bus stops very close as well. Just downstairs Alice serves fresh juice drinks, smoothies, and homemade breads/muffins..not to mention her welcoming smile!
Blakeys, across the street has wonderful food and nightly entertainment and just down the road Reggae Grill was 1 of our favorite places to eat (great food) and have a rum punch. The owner and his son are wonderful people and made us feel welcome and held great conversation.
For lunch Just Grillin' was suprisingly good!
Sunday reserve at Crystal Water for an outstanding BBQ on the beach along with live music and dancing!
We took a bus to Oistens on Friday night and had excellant food at Uncle Georgies!
We could not have had a better time than this trip was!
We did not want to leave Barbados! We have been to many islands and none were as enjoyable as Barbados!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jalama
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at Santa Neta after reading the reviews for Rose Bank. Unfortunately Rose Bank did not have the apartment that I was trying to book available, but I'm glad that they didn't. The location of the Santa Neta, directly across from the boardwalk was fantastic. My room had a view of the ocean! The room was very spacious and I loved the big shower. My only complaints are that the oven was showing some wear and the pans under the burners should have been replaced and the toilet could have been cleaned a little better prior to my arrival. But, Sandie was great! She called to make sure that I arrived safely and was comfortable. She even offered to bring me extra towels on her day off! Of course, I declined. The only location that I feel is better is right on the beach. But, this is much cheaper and all you have to do is cross a street. I would definitely recommend staying at the Santa Neta.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Alana33
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We chose this apartment due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor, so I'm adding another review. The apartment was clean and fresh in a great location overlooking the Hastings Rocks. Sandie was very helpful and just a phone call away. The kitchen had everything we needed in it. We stayed in apartment 3 which has the balcony at the front of the building. We had a great time! Thank you, Sandie, for providing such a lovely, clean, and affordable choice for accommodation in Barbados!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank luvthesun78
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I need to start by saying that Sandie is great!

Before our arrival, she answered all of my annoying customer emails and gave me all of the details I needed to make an informed booking decision.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the airport as promised and taken to our room. I was amazed at how beautiful the decor was (even though I had already seen pictures). I have stayed in Barbados three times and this was by far the best accommodation. Everything is updated and very cozy.

Regarding the negative comments from the gentleman who didn't like the service fee:
I am also in customer service and you sir are the type of customer people ask not to return.
Sandie was more than happy to have our sheets and towels changed when we asked. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS ASK!

Sandie and Richard, thank you for offering such wonderful accommodation and thank you for keeping your rates affordable. We hope to return next May.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank candicetheresa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
The SoCo Hotel-Adults Only All Inclusive
#3 of 9 in Hastings
Savannah Beach Hotel
Savannah Beach Hotel
#4 of 9 in Hastings

Been to Santa Neta Apartments? Share your experiences!