“It is a beautiful beach.”
Review of Maxwell Beach

Maxwell Beach
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Maxwell
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is one of the nicer beaches we found on the island. The only downside is that the undertow can be strong some days.

1  Thank LifeJourney222

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed on this beach via the hotel called bougainvillea beach resort. I have to say this has been a memorable experience and one that I will not forget. The beach is clean, with lovely white sand and scenes of the oceans to keep you smiling. The beach had its moments of calm and some rough waves but that was so relaxing when get sun tanned during the day. No complaints as it is a beautiful place to go and enjoy your life. Thank you.

3  Thank Vishal B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I liked the nice powderlike sand and the fact that it was connected with my hotel at the Bougainvillea. The bird songs are a nice background sound. The waves were a little bit wild and can be unpredictable and strong. But tha't fun, right. ONLY downside that happened to me ( and I hear to others too) is that a rogue wave knocked me down and knocked the prescription glasses off my face, into the ocean never to be found again I walked the beach each day hoping the tide and waves would bring them to the beach. Since I can't see without my glasses I had to go into Bridgetown, have an eye exam and get them to make new glasses in a day. Cost more than my airfare to Barbados! yikes.

1  Thank NewguySFO
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Despite losing my new sunglasses when a wave surprised me, I still call this beach home when I visit. Love my friends made at this beach, love taking my daily 6 am walks, all my shells over the years have been collected from this beach.

2  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a lovely beach, which we used daily from the Boug Hotel. Very quiet and not really used by non-hotel residents so a real feeling of getting away from it all. Staff at hotel kept local salesmen at bay. Plenty of loungers if at the Hotel.
Great for boogie boarding and swimming if confident, although can be rough at times. Not good for snorkeling - not much to see and water always sandy due to strong currents.

2  Thank Leeroy985