“Condescending”

Price range: US$48 - US$105
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

It is a lovely setting and should be a joy to visit but I found the staff to act superior and condescending.

2  Thank RDT3

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went here twice was great lovely blackened fish and great setting by the water . Good after shopping .

1  Thank TheWhites16
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Fish was dry and tasteless The chef apologized and comped the dessert I would rather have a good dinner in such a beautiful restarant

2  Thank Sharon T
Kerrie B, Manager at Waterside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

I sincerely hope you enjoyed your dessert, but I must say I am so very sorry that your fish meal was not up to our usual standard and yours, I am sure. Thank you for visiting us and I hope we are given the chance to improve, on what should of been a lovely meal for you.
Waterside hopes that you will return on your next visit so that we can redeem ourselves with our usually outstanding menu offered by our Chef

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had a family dinner here one evening this August. We reserved expecting the place to be full; there was one other table of two. On this basis we assumed that at least the service would be good. It was awful, we waited & waited for any service at all and were about to leave when a waiter came & apologised for the delay. We stayed thinking that things would improve. The service was a disaster throughout, we received repeated apologies but never improved & it made no sense as they were so quiet. The food was just OK, not special & the Fish was not fresh, the wine list had very little choice unless you wanted to spend $100 + a bottle. For desert the Crepes we ordered definitely were pre made some time ago. The setting on the waterfront was a definite plus as was the parking. As far as value for money, this place was far from the mark, expensive and not worth the money. Definitely would not return.

Dear Stephen B,

I respond to your review recently place on Trip Advisor. First off, I understand, and as you've stated you were apologized to, several times, with out effect, for the delay or delays of your service received at Waterside Restaurant, on your recent visit to Barbados.

So, first let me say that I am not apologizing, since you are now many miles away and I am therefore unable to fix whats gone before, but I am acknowledging, your experience with us, and I am pleased that you have informed of us.

I am able to follow up on this unfortunate , incident on the particular evening, with our Staff Members, who worked that evening, this with an aim to have this occurrence be the last of such, for any of our future guests. Please also let me assure you that our crepes are definitely made in the our pastry kitchen here at Waterside, and our fish is freshly caught and delivered to us on a regular basis. I do hope that given some time and if you do return to Barbados, that you would find it in your heart to revisit us, to give us a chance to make up or as I like to say a chance to have a do over.

All the very best from Barbados

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family and I ate here recently whilst on holiday in the Hastings area. We made a reservation in advance as expected it to be really busy. When we arrived we found we were only one of 2 tables. The view is beautiful and it is a very lovely spot to enjoy dinner. Food was lovely & so was the wine, very good service. We would have preferred a few more diners as staff were clearing off tables before 8.30pm and we felt uncomfortable as we had booked a taxi to pick us up at 9pm. We finished our drinks and waited outside. I think this restaurant would be better in peak season - July is obviously a very quiet time for them.

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to place your review here on trip advisor, I am ever so sorry that the evening you visited was not a busy one, as we, know that lends to the ambience in any restaurant.

Unfortunately we head into our quite season at this time. None the less I must apologise for any discomfort you felt with Staff clearing tables, prior to your departure. I will be sure to have a word, as this is not our policy. We hope to see you, should you return to Barbados in the future .

Kindest Regards,